Applied Computing Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Applied Computing Technologies Reviews

Updated 7 Mar 2019

3.6
  1. "Oustanding Company - Highly Ethical Owners"

Current Employee - Corporate in Springfield, VA

I have been working at Applied Computing Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Long standing company run by CEO and COO that are highly ethical. Strong upper management team and highly skilled workforce.

Cons

A "con" doesn't stand out. Everyone and every company has room for improvement though. The company places effort on expanding and improving quality programs which has further strengthened Upper Management, Leaders and Employees in the process.

Applied Computing Technologies2019-03-07
  2. ""CEO and COO lead from the front"..."

I have been working at Applied Computing Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A Company that ALWAYS does things the right way.

Cons

I cannot think of any.

Applied Computing Technologies2019-02-28
  3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Corporporate Staff in Alexandria, VA

Pros

Great benefits, positive culture, fair management, opportunities for training, extremely ethical, every employee is hourly not salaried.

Cons

Small business so growth opportunities are not always available.

Advice to Management

Continue to value feedback from employees.

Applied Computing Technologies2019-02-27
  4. "Good company to work for"

Contractor

I worked at Applied Computing Technologies for more than a year

Pros

It is a good company with decent work culture

Cons

Pay is stagnant and sometime your job description changes according to requirements.

Applied Computing Technologies2017-11-06

November 15, 2017Chief Operations Officer

Thank you for the positive review. ACT works hard to ensure they are paying competitive salaries based on skills and abilities employees bring to the job and industry data that documents salary ranges for those skills and abilities.

5. "Scott Schneider is a Scam Artist Applied Computer Technologies LLC"

I have been working at Applied Computing Technologies full-time

Pros

Knows how to overbill, Creative when it comes to Overcharging for parts

Cons

Management has no idea on technology, always takes vacations, doesn't pay attention to detail

Advice to Management

Scott Schneider should sell or file for bankruptcy so he stays out of prison

Applied Computing Technologies2017-07-15

November 15, 2017Chief Operations Officer

Applied Computing Technologies is a corporation, not an LLC. There has never been anyone named Scott Schneider working for or associated with ACT so I suspect you may be reviewing the wrong company.

6. "IT Specialist"

I have been working at Applied Computing Technologies full-time

Pros

ACT is a good company to work for. The owners are fair and respectful and they have a vast amount of technical talent in their employee base. Pay is comparable with talent.

Cons

ACT provides contract support to the government. Government contracts have end dates creating job security uncertainty. It's the nature of the business.

Applied Computing Technologies2017-05-11

March 13, 2018Chief Operations Officer

Thank you for your feedback. In this business our employees do have to deal with uncertainty which is difficult. One of the ways we address this risk is by bringing highly skilled and professional employees to our contracts that provide our customers with IT services that meet their expectations. ACT has supported one of our primary customers for 24 continuous years and I believe that is because of the quality of service they receive from our team.

7. "Love it here"

I have been working at Applied Computing Technologies full-time

Pros

All around great place to work

Cons

Nothing bad to say about them

Applied Computing Technologies2016-07-01

March 13, 2018Chief Operations Officer

Thank you for your feedback.

8. "Help desk specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

I worked at Applied Computing Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bonuses, profit sharing, does a good job of recognizing achievements and exceptional work in the office place.

Cons

Low pay, micro manages employees

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice for middle management but the highersecond need to adequately pay their employees.

Applied Computing Technologies2016-04-12

November 15, 2017Chief Operations Officer

Thank you for your feedback. ACT welcomes feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve our benefits and corporate culture. It sounds like you worked for the Enterprise Service Desk operation which does use a monitoring tool implemented by the government for tracking inbound calls are technician response times to those calls. This type of job is not for everyone. The pay is consistent with what industry pays for call center work and what the government is willing to pay for this service. For many folks this is a great opportunity as telework is authorized cutting commuting costs and transit time to and from work. Good luck with your future endeavors.

9. "It's a job."

Former Employee - Computer Specialist in Winchester, VA

I worked at Applied Computing Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Maintain clearance, telework. No issues taking vacation time. Federal holidays are paid days off. Possibility of permanent telework if you move away.

Cons

Low pay for job and clearance level. People with real skills reduced to trained monkey work. Pay significantly less than other companies contracting the same position at the same location. Talk of raises after become prime contract holder never happened.

Advice to Management

Pay employees better.

Applied Computing Technologies2016-04-01

November 15, 2017Chief Operations Officer

Thank you for your feedback. Sounds like you worked for the Enterprise Service Desk in Winchester. The number one complaint we hear about is the tool set used to track customer calls. It enforces a very structured and monitored set of processes. This type of structure is not for everyone. In terms of other contractors making more for the same job I cannot address as we do have temp agencies who bring us folks initially and we don't know what they pay or whether or not they offer the same benefits we do. Our benefits are excellent and not inexpensive so if your goal is to make more money and have fewer benefits I can understand your frustration. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

10. "ACT was a great company to work for."

Former Employee - Senior Help Desk Technician in Winchester, VA

I worked at Applied Computing Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Telework from home. Bonuses and extra incentive money added to 401K yearly. Great benefits.

Cons

High level clearance required. Got laid off waiting on OPM/DOD to grant my clearance.

Applied Computing Technologies2016-01-25

November 15, 2017Chief Operations Officer

Thank you for the positive feedback. We pride ourselves on being an employee focuses company that offers great benefits and it is wonderful to hear that is appreciated. Best wishes.

Found 16 reviews