Appster Reviews | Glassdoor

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

4.4
Mark McDonald & Josiah Humphrey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Highly supportive and competetive work environment (in 15 reviews)

• Work from home facility available (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance gets disturbed as you are expected to stretch for the timely delivery (in 7 reviews)

• Please do not join this company (in 4 reviews)

1. "MOST OUTSTANDING WORK PLACE EVER!"

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in New York, NY

I have been working at Appster full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Appster is simply a great place to work, Global exposure, recognition for job well done, excellent IT systems, Free Food and L&D Training, wonderful colleagues, love my manager, good initiatives on employee well-being - wellness challenges, etc

Cons

I haven't had any issue yet

Advice to Management

Perfect management and well organized

2. "Great Flexibility and Culture"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Appster full-time

Pros

This is a great company to work for if you are looking for a job out of college to build your skill. You can also Work from home, the company consistently hires amazing people and the culture is a great reason to stay. Friendly co workers

Cons

Great management. Never had an issue

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.Thanks for always being so helpful

3. "A high concentration of talented individuals"

Current Employee - Stock Clerk in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Stock Clerk in New York, NY

I have been working at Appster full-time

Pros

Working at Appster was a truly unique experience. The owners that created the company operate it with the same passion that they have put into the products themselves. Everyone is friendly they also have a relaxed work environment. each worker also have access to a New Mac Computer.

Cons

I haven't figured out any yet

Advice to Management

Highly impressed with their friendliness...Thanks for being great

"A very inspiring and empowering place to work!"

Current Employee - Product Strategist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Product Strategist in New York, NY

I have been working at Appster full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The leaders trust you and let you use your talents to bring value to your clients. The culture highly respects people finding problems and solving them. Many of our processes are designed from the frontline employees up.

Cons

Things are rapidly getting better! :) I can see the growth of the company with every new client we work with and every new strategy we come up with.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! This is a great company to work for.

"Dying Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Appster full-time

Pros

Autonomy. Some of the leadership very smart.
    Work remote (pro or con) because they couldn't afford office space.

Cons

Don't really care about you.
    Dying market. Phone Apps are already extremely saturated.
    Dying business, no plans for future other than cutting costs.
    Company outlook changes week by week.
    No equity.
    Were very deceptive with their OTE plans. Put impossible metrics for "on target."
    No strategy for enterprise deals.

Advice to Management

Sell or raise capital. Not healthy to have company survival depending on one or two deals, especially in the entrepreneur market.

"Amazing place to build a career"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Appster full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Appster is a truly amazing place to build a long term career. The leadership team is very passionate about helping everyone grow. The standards are very high and everyone is expected to work at the highest level possible. Mediocre employees don't last long and are weeded out by managers and peers quickly.

It's an awesome work hard and play hard culture that's transparent and open, and everyone has a real shot at contributing to ideas and helping solve problems. The team is great and everyone is fun to work with.

Cons

The company is in hyper growth mode and systems and processes can be lagging at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Best decision I've ever made"

Current Employee - Product Strategist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Strategist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Appster full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing very quickly. There is always work to be done, so you are always busy. I actually feel like I'm contributing to the company success and growth. The work culture is by far the best out of any company I've ever worked for. You encouraged to share your ideas to improve company workflow, process and culture. It's even better when you actually see them implemented. The benefits are also amazing. The people here are very friendly and are always available anytime you need help. You learn a lot quickly and there is a ton of room for advancement.

Cons

Appster only hire's the best. The interview process can feel a little lengthy than most but if you get a chance to interview, better yet get a job with this company, DO IT! It is well worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I've seen first hand the CEO his level of dedication and commitment of ensuring this company grows. I want to see Appster grow into the next Apple

"Amazing company which will soon be a household name!!!!"

Current Employee - Senior Growth Strategist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Growth Strategist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Appster full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Appster is an amazing company which is in the early stages of it's international plan for world domination. We only hire the most amazing people in their respected fields which allows us to take pride in what we execute. We have an extremely transparent work environment with a flat organisational structure. Our success to date is largely due to our training and recruitment models which increases productivity by alleviating micromanagement. We get to work in an environment which is always changing and adapting to the current trends which creates the ability to really utilize creativity. If you are lucky enough to have the opportunity to work at Appster I STRONGLY suggest drop everything and do whatever is in your power to lock in a position. This is an amazing opportunity I have been lucky enough to receive and I know that this will be my last stop before retirement!!! Appster is the future so show us what you can do to help lock in a spot to help change the world!!!

Cons

I have to break it to people in some cases that their idea isn't feasible, original or potentially viral. This is the only thing about the job which I don't like however people appreciate the honesty so it really isn't as issue at all and is a great place to be as a business.

Advice to Management

We need passionate people who share the vision and don't use Appster as a stepping stone. We need people who are in it for life!!

9. This is the end of reviews that meet your filter criteria (US - All Cities). Below you will find more reviews from other countries

"Performance Driven Organization"

Former Employee - Leader in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Leader in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at Appster full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Appster is a fairly successful startup in IT/Mobile domain. It's going through some business challenges related to growth and it's nothing new. As an organization, Appster had faced these challenges in the past but always sailed through these by taking a few corrective decisions. It happens with many startups, medium sized and large organization. However, Untill I was there, I always felt that the organization was absolutely fair in it's practices, policies and intentions to grow and provide growth opportunities. I'm also thankful to both the Co-founders to generate employment opportunities for us and for our country. However, there have been some corrective decisions, rightfully taken, due to either performance or business call but none of the deserving and high performers need to feel insecure coz Appster has always been a performance driven company and will continue to be the same. Remember, it's not a funded company and there are times when cost control measures are exercised which are necessary for the long term growth, sustainability and job security for high performers. I'm glad that I was a part of Appster's journey and wish we had grown much bigger coz that would have ensured continuity there. Nevertheless, I still have a great respect for the company and I wish them success and growth while I continue to cherish my tenure there.

Cons

Decision making! I feel some decisions were not right and some decisions were delayed but again, it happens. We all make mistakes and take wrong decisions but if we learn from those and don't repeat them, we can bounce back with a much better strategy.

Advice to Management

You are at a point where you need to really strategize the next steps very carefully and thoughtfully. In my view, you must involve a good business consultant, describe the whole business situation and seek their suggestions to re-strategize things.

"Full of politics now"

Former Employee - Developer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Developer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at Appster full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fix 8 hour timings
    -Excellent culture
    -Good food

Cons

-Now its full of politics
    - Senior management has changed. Earlier it had pretty flat structure. Now its pathetic. Seniors are engaged in politics
    - Culture has ruined now

Advice to Management

Petty politics doesn't work for long. In the end it hurts productivity.
    For Mark and Josiah- You guys are young and energetic but trusting someone who ruined company culture is biggest loss to company.
    Martin was a great guy and pretty much avoided politics.
    I was in team when only 50 people were there.