Appster Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Mark McDonald & Josiah Humphrey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "work life balance gets disturbed as you are expected to stretch for the timely delivery" (in 7 reviews)

• "time flexibility, work from home" (in 5 reviews)

"Does not wish to specify"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Appster full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work.

Cons

No downsides as such till now.

2. "Great Flexibility and Culture"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Appster full-time

Pros

This is a great company to work for if you are looking for a job out of college to build your skill. You can also Work from home, the company consistently hires amazing people and the culture is a great reason to stay. Friendly co workers

Cons

Great management. Never had an issue

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.Thanks for always being so helpful

3. "MOST OUTSTANDING WORK PLACE EVER!"

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in New York, NY

I have been working at Appster full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Appster is simply a great place to work, Global exposure, recognition for job well done, excellent IT systems, Free Food and L&D Training, wonderful colleagues, love my manager, good initiatives on employee well-being - wellness challenges, etc

Cons

I haven't had any issue yet

Advice to Management

Perfect management and well organized

"Dying Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Appster full-time

Pros

Autonomy. Some of the leadership very smart.
    Work remote (pro or con) because they couldn't afford office space.

Cons

Don't really care about you.
    Dying market. Phone Apps are already extremely saturated.
    Dying business, no plans for future other than cutting costs.
    Company outlook changes week by week.
    No equity.
    Were very deceptive with their OTE plans. Put impossible metrics for "on target."
    No strategy for enterprise deals.

Advice to Management

Sell or raise capital. Not healthy to have company survival depending on one or two deals, especially in the entrepreneur market.

"Amazing place to build a career"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Appster full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Appster is a truly amazing place to build a long term career. The leadership team is very passionate about helping everyone grow. The standards are very high and everyone is expected to work at the highest level possible. Mediocre employees don't last long and are weeded out by managers and peers quickly.

It's an awesome work hard and play hard culture that's transparent and open, and everyone has a real shot at contributing to ideas and helping solve problems. The team is great and everyone is fun to work with.

Cons

The company is in hyper growth mode and systems and processes can be lagging at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Best decision I've ever made"

Current Employee - Product Strategist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Strategist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Appster full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing very quickly. There is always work to be done, so you are always busy. I actually feel like I'm contributing to the company success and growth. The work culture is by far the best out of any company I've ever worked for. You encouraged to share your ideas to improve company workflow, process and culture. It's even better when you actually see them implemented. The benefits are also amazing. The people here are very friendly and are always available anytime you need help. You learn a lot quickly and there is a ton of room for advancement.

Cons

Appster only hire's the best. The interview process can feel a little lengthy than most but if you get a chance to interview, better yet get a job with this company, DO IT! It is well worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I've seen first hand the CEO his level of dedication and commitment of ensuring this company grows. I want to see Appster grow into the next Apple

"Amazing company which will soon be a household name!!!!"

Current Employee - Senior Growth Strategist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Growth Strategist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Appster full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Appster is an amazing company which is in the early stages of it's international plan for world domination. We only hire the most amazing people in their respected fields which allows us to take pride in what we execute. We have an extremely transparent work environment with a flat organisational structure. Our success to date is largely due to our training and recruitment models which increases productivity by alleviating micromanagement. We get to work in an environment which is always changing and adapting to the current trends which creates the ability to really utilize creativity. If you are lucky enough to have the opportunity to work at Appster I STRONGLY suggest drop everything and do whatever is in your power to lock in a position. This is an amazing opportunity I have been lucky enough to receive and I know that this will be my last stop before retirement!!! Appster is the future so show us what you can do to help lock in a spot to help change the world!!!

Cons

I have to break it to people in some cases that their idea isn't feasible, original or potentially viral. This is the only thing about the job which I don't like however people appreciate the honesty so it really isn't as issue at all and is a great place to be as a business.

Advice to Management

We need passionate people who share the vision and don't use Appster as a stepping stone. We need people who are in it for life!!

8. This is the end of reviews that meet your filter criteria (US - All Cities). Below you will find more reviews from other countries

"Company gone down due to Bad Politics...Company name should be Sappster now."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at Appster full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros
    A kind of things that this company used to have like free meals, cabs , quaterly parties

Cons

Their is a lot of politics played by the top management officials and a certain manager.
    Just make the project go live before time by making P1 , P2 issues into P3's and P4's or rather ignoring them , make the build live by this way and make the Project award winning and when the project fires takes his team members out and put new members to make them work hard.And blaims those members for all this and affect their morals and appraisals.
    If someone raises the concern about his wrong actions, make him/her fire from the company.
    Doesn't have a sense how a manager behaves and always begs for chai/cigarettes from his collegues.

Kudos to the team for taking up again the glassdoor rating from 2.8 to 4.4 again.

Hr are puppets here , dont ask help from them. This will save your time and energy.

Advice to Management

Instead of that manager , hire new ones, company will again be on that stage it used to it

"Failure"

Current Employee - Product Owner in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Product Owner in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Appster full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are just no pros

Cons

1. Inexperienced Ceo's
    2. Vindictive leader
    3. Personal Agenda
    4. No concern for employees
    5. No projects
    6. Big Lie to clients
    7. No balance
    8. All processes starting from Sales to HR to Administration to Finance to delivery all false
    9. Self objectives
    10. No Respect
    11. No Respect for humankind

Advice to Management

Try to be honest

"What goes around comes around !!"

Former Employee - Product Owner in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Product Owner in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at Appster full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Gone are those days. Management lied about its success, growth rate..They are paying for their sins now..

Cons

1)60-70% employees have left.
    2) They will fool you about company success- it’s a trap for their survival - Don’t join
    3) Most of the POs, managers, QAs, Dev team have left this company in last 2 months.. ( 3 months notice period but still everyone getting relived in 1 month - Why?? - Cos they are not able to pay their salary.
    4) HRs of other company are asking about Appster’s finiancial condition first and then about yr profile.. lol!

Advice to Management

Management guys should also start Uploading their resumes on job portal sites.. Lol!