Appster Reviews | Glassdoor

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

5.0
Mark McDonald & Josiah Humphrey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Working-Environment is good and positive (in 11 reviews)

• Breakfast and Lunch, Sports facilities (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance gets disturbed as you are expected to stretch for the timely delivery (in 7 reviews)

• No Cons for those people who focus on their work (in 6 reviews)

"Amazing place to build a career"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Appster full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Appster is a truly amazing place to build a long term career. The leadership team is very passionate about helping everyone grow. The standards are very high and everyone is expected to work at the highest level possible. Mediocre employees don't last long and are weeded out by managers and peers quickly.

It's an awesome work hard and play hard culture that's transparent and open, and everyone has a real shot at contributing to ideas and helping solve problems. The team is great and everyone is fun to work with.

Cons

The company is in hyper growth mode and systems and processes can be lagging at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Best decision I've ever made"

Current Employee - Product Strategist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Strategist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Appster full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing very quickly. There is always work to be done, so you are always busy. I actually feel like I'm contributing to the company success and growth. The work culture is by far the best out of any company I've ever worked for. You encouraged to share your ideas to improve company workflow, process and culture. It's even better when you actually see them implemented. The benefits are also amazing. The people here are very friendly and are always available anytime you need help. You learn a lot quickly and there is a ton of room for advancement.

Cons

Appster only hire's the best. The interview process can feel a little lengthy than most but if you get a chance to interview, better yet get a job with this company, DO IT! It is well worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I've seen first hand the CEO his level of dedication and commitment of ensuring this company grows. I want to see Appster grow into the next Apple

"Amazing company which will soon be a household name!!!!"

Current Employee - Senior Growth Strategist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Growth Strategist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Appster full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Appster is an amazing company which is in the early stages of it's international plan for world domination. We only hire the most amazing people in their respected fields which allows us to take pride in what we execute. We have an extremely transparent work environment with a flat organisational structure. Our success to date is largely due to our training and recruitment models which increases productivity by alleviating micromanagement. We get to work in an environment which is always changing and adapting to the current trends which creates the ability to really utilize creativity. If you are lucky enough to have the opportunity to work at Appster I STRONGLY suggest drop everything and do whatever is in your power to lock in a position. This is an amazing opportunity I have been lucky enough to receive and I know that this will be my last stop before retirement!!! Appster is the future so show us what you can do to help lock in a spot to help change the world!!!

Cons

I have to break it to people in some cases that their idea isn't feasible, original or potentially viral. This is the only thing about the job which I don't like however people appreciate the honesty so it really isn't as issue at all and is a great place to be as a business.

Advice to Management

We need passionate people who share the vision and don't use Appster as a stepping stone. We need people who are in it for life!!

4. This is the end of reviews that meet your filter criteria (US - All Cities). Below you will find more reviews from other countries

5. "Great Vision for Company"

I have been working at Appster full-time

Pros

The company has great vision. Core set of values and reason for existing is good. The founders are amazing, not a bad word to say about them.

Cons

Hyper growth leads to a lot of pressure being put on employees.

Advice to Management

Try to keep company culture in mind and keep corporate management styles and politics out of the company.

"Could be better"

Pros

Good opprtunity for idea people

Cons

Bad politics for idea people

"Ahhhh"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Appster full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Was a really good experience until there was some management changes. Josiah and Mark are great.

Cons

They are selling more than they can produce. Too many back end problems and not sure they will hit the lofty goals they have set for themselves.

8. "Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at Appster full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great range of projects, and the ability to really make a difference for your clients. Its an amazing place to learn and the staff are all brilliant, friendly and talented. Its one of the few places where ive be wrapped to come into work every day. Ability to have work from home days, flexible hours and unlimited annual leave.

Cons

Working with the different offices globally can be hard. Especially dealing with the timezones.

Advice to Management

The management are exceptional. Very approachable and open to change and improvements.

9. "No personal life left only work"

I have been working at Appster full-time

Pros

If you can work 24*7 then this is the best place.
    Or if you can lick boots you can beat fit here.

Cons

They only focus on you working for them 24*7.
    No employee benefits
    They will implement every policy comparing with other companies which benefit them not the employees even like 5-6% appraisal even you are delivering a ton of work in a week which others do in months.
    Every party and bonus and activities are now closed so that employees can focus on work.
    Even Diwali you will not feel difference here and get a cookie box as gift after earning a lot for company

The main issue is about the project management
    The estimations are done on theoretical basis like client say login , and they give few hours to you to implement login. They don't care the complexity in login. Like design complexity, any new thirty party API integration needed, any client dependency, any validation, you just get fixed few hours for implementation. If somehow you achieve the same then if any bug arise then you owe them and have to fix in your own time as they have planned the project as per their estimation. Now if in next sprint any client feedback come then also you have to do it in overtime as still they cannot hamper sprint timelines. These issue started getting worse after a few sprints when a tonne of feedback is provided by client and you started spending nights and weekends at office. Manager don't care how many night you have spent but client should be happy.

After all your effort you get a thanks and then this all starts again no one cares. In appraisal meeting then they will ask you what is your achievement . If you say that you spend nights then they will tell you that it was your issue as you were not able to complete on estimated time and they will give no or marginal appraisal saying we are already paying you for the work you are doing and why should we appraise you.

Also the culture is not good . Everyone looks for the things they can take the credit for the good and will get you fired for the things happened wrong.

Spending some time alone with manager can get you good appraisal and promotion.

Advice to Management

What can I say. It looks pretty clear that apparent is totally out of track and become a lala company . And it doesn't feel they will start caring for employees again as even hr is in hands of the delivery directors and scrum masters. Any complaint against them can lend you outside company.

10. "Poor SM Forced to extend working hours"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Appster full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Lunch Breakfast Macbooks Snacks after 6:30pm Salary come on time i.e before 1st

Cons

Timings 8:00am till the time they want you to stay Personal exp working for 15 hour a day is very common. Project last for max 1 year. Short projects .No learning.Force to extend SM show dictator power.Firing and hiring happen often.Dont try to retain people who are serving them from long time.No respect for developer.

Working 15 hour a day you have no social life.

Advice to Management

Respect your developers

"Feedback for the Company"

I have been working at Appster full-time

Pros

1. You will learn more even when you don't want to learn as they will force you to learn by making you work 18 hours a day
    2. You will not be able to fight with your Spouse, as you won't be having any time for your family members
    3. You will be getting half day of holiday sometimes on sunday

Cons

1. There is no Cons as such, you will be just be treated as a machine to meet client's expectations
    2. No Humanity Exist there if your client is rigid on his deadlines
    3. You will become Robot working day and night and you have to available 24*7 on call even if someone dies in your family.

Advice to Management

Please be practical in your approach and understands that we guys are human and not the Robot. Companies are made by their ethics and employees, if you will follow it you will be nowhere. Every big company was ones small but its policies and Work culture made it Big.