Ariat Reviews | Glassdoor

Ariat Reviews

Updated Sep 10, 2019

Found 42 reviews

4.0
Ariat CEO Beth Cross (no image)
Beth Cross

"People at Ariat matter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Union City, CA

I have been working at Ariat full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can only speak from the corporate office POV but the culture everyone raves about is REAL and evident. HR does a great job setting up benefits/events to relieve a stressful workday (yoga, meditation, tons of food, financial wellness etc) I feel like Ariat does their best to offer work life balance, with wfh and a generous pto accrual in my opinion. *Dogs at work *Tons of quality food in cafe (whole foods, TJs, ... almost daily catering for meetings) *Approachable team throughout entire organization

Cons

A fast growing company that doesn't show any signs of slowing down the success. New hires will have to hit the floor running, learning as they go which can be incredibly overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Ariat2019-09-10
  2. "Great company!"

I have been working at Ariat full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Culture (the people make work fun!) -Food -Benefits

Cons

-Not as many food options around the area -More WFH options (summer fridays)

Advice to Management

Keep motivating employees

Ariat2019-09-06

"Perfect Company to Work for!"

Current Employee - Production Coordinator in Union City, CA

I have been working at Ariat full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Professional but comfortable working environment * Family-like team and coworkers * Opportunities to learn and grow * Various perks and benefits * Fun activities

Cons

* Dinning/lunch choices could be more

Ariat2019-07-10
  4. "Cool Place You Won't Find Elsewhere"

Current Employee - Paid Search Associate Manager in Union City, CA

I have been working at Ariat full-time for less than a year

Pros

where do I start? HR is very helpful and considerate through the whole interview process. after closing the deal, preparation for onboarding also went through with a lot of cares. Once you join the company, it's a very family liked atmosphere. No company politics, if you have something you want to say or want to do, you can always go to your direct supervisor and voice your idea/opinion. Fun activities planned every... month. Benefits are great, PTO is very generous. Both senior management team and directors are all friendly and professional. we celebrate on our accomplishment. it's essentially work hard, play hard environment. Overtime is voluntary if you want to help chip in. It's not required. Overall, it's my favorite job and work place. I honestly do not think you can find it elsewhere. Salary and bonus are definitely above industry standard. Last but not least, you get to bring your dog to walk, which is also not very common.

Cons

We could use our PTO earlier in the year, but the balance would go negative. I personally haven't done that. But I would rather just know how much I would have for the entire year and it makes more sense for me to take it. Also, the commute could be a problem for people who don't own a car. There is no bart nearby, you would need a bus to come. But I think we are figuring something out to arrange car picking people... up at Bart. There aren't much to complain about. It's the company that your work would get valued and you still get a ton of fun.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the good work. :)

Ariat2019-07-09
  5. "Ariat is a great brand but retail team is poorly formed with incapable people, especially senior director manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Ariat full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits and a great brand

Cons

Senior director manager will say one thing and do another behind his back. Hired all his incapable friends to work for him, can't get shipments right or any marketing. Fires or write up people that does not agree with him.

Advice to Management

Get a new retail team!

Ariat2019-08-08

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Ariat full-time

Pros

The culture is amazing! Everyone is welcoming and friendly and sometimes a little goofy. There are always learning and self improvement opportunities! By far the best company I have worked for!

Cons

The taco eating contest only happens once a year!

Ariat2018-05-17

"The national best place to work survey rates this company high ( I believe Ariat International rates 94% )."

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Union City, CA

I worked at Ariat full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The customers love Ariat’s product. The track for advancement is clear. There is training offered. Salary is fair market rate, and it’s fun!

Cons

My experience was great I didn’t find much to say that’s bad. I liked department meetings and yearly goals. The reception lobby and company lunch room are awesome.

Advice to Management

The management is supportive and my manager had an “open door” policy. Keep doing what you’ve done in the past.

Ariat2018-01-17
  8. "Truth"

I worked at Ariat full-time

Pros

Great brand, innovative, excellent above average pay scales.

Cons

MICROMANAGING middle managers. High stress, unrealistic goals.

Advice to Management

Ask REAL and SAFE questions to middle and lower tier employees in the field and inside.

Ariat2018-01-18

"The best place I’ve worked for hands down."

I have been working at Ariat full-time

Pros

When I first walked into the building for my interview, I was immediately surprised. The exterior of the building does not do the inside justice. The office is modern with open space that’s set up for accessible collaboration in the workplace. You'll meet interesting people who are your colleagues, managers, and senior management. You definitely get to work with lots of smart people. Work hard, play hard culture... where you can really tell people love what they do and want to make an impact in any way they can. What I appreciate most is the flexibility of the hours allowing a good work/life balance. Senior leaders are approachable, easily accessible. Ariat is a family oriented culture and really does their best to give back to the community. There have been many opportunities to join volunteer groups that gives you a feeling of connectedness and the satisfaction of at least trying to make the world a better place. Just a good work environment all around. Benefits/perks. Gym memberships (24/hour fitness is just a 2 min drive); there is also a free trail behind the building, onsite showers, onsite dry cleaning, onsite yoga, onsite car washes, onsite café when you forget your breakfast/lunch. AND the office is dog-friendly!

Cons

When you think of the San Francisco Bay Area you think of bright lights, busy streets, and tall buildings.. The office definitely looks like it should be in the big city, but it's located away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

Advice to Management

Keep on NOT micromanaging - that is a huge benefit. Most of us have a huge workload and we work in spikes and not chained to our desks, and we care deeply about producing, and we produce a lot. We can do that because you respect us enough to give us some freedom in how we do our jobs.

Ariat2018-01-12
  10. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ariat full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great product and thinking towards the future

Cons

Marketing team controls company with little input

Ariat2017-10-06