Assisted Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Not Bad. My first employment as LVN, for 7 months now :)"

Current Employee - LVN in Northridge, CA
    Current Employee - LVN in Northridge, CA

I have been working at Assisted full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I get to choose my own schedule/availability, pay is always on time q Fridays (at thursday midnight it comes in:) I'm taking care of 1 pt right now, 40 hrs/week, so its 8hrs for 5 days. If comes a time i can only work for 4 days, i can request to work 10hrs/day for 4 days :)

Cons

i thought an LVN would trian you, but it was the pt's family who did hahah.. it would have been nice if a co-worker would have done it.
    They won't allow overtime, unless they are the one requesting you to do so.

Advice to Management

stated on cons.

2. "Pros/Cons"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Assisted full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The ability to self schedule is very nice.

Cons

It's difficult to maintain a consistency of patients.

"Assisted is a family that cares for other families"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Pros

Dedicated caring staff. Everyone from office staff to front line nurses and HHAs go the extra mile to take care of their patients. They truly love and value each patient and the patients entire family. Assisted cares about people, quality care, and its employees. And the staff really works together as a team. You can also always call the (new-ish) clinical supervisor (who actually knows the patients and how to help) and she is always helpful and nice. It's a good, flexible, low stress, job that really helps people.

Cons

Previous management was difficult, new management seems ok. Home care/Hospice has varying patient loads, so sometimes schedule changes. pay is comparable...not bad, but could always be better. Does offer benefits for FT

Advice to Management

Clinical manager is GREAT! The new upper management seems to care about the staff and be much more involved. Keep Assisted like a family.

"Keep track of your hours - pay does not match"

Former Employee - Hospice Nuse in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Hospice Nuse in Thousand Oaks, CA

Pros

Hmmm, will have to get back to you on this

Cons

Assisted splits hours between two companies and issues 2 paychecks. This scheme allows the company to avoid paying overtime--which is called 'Wage Fraud'. . IF YOU WORK FOR THIS COMPANY, CHECK YOU HOURS AGAINST PAYCHECK STUBS. File a complaint with company, BUT GO TO CALIF DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INITIATE A LABOR CODE COMPLAINT--lack of paid rest breaks, lack of paid unrelieved meal breaks, and overtime , which will carry very expensive penalties against Assisted for failure to adhere to the labor code. Note the Alternate WorkWeek waiver, but as per diem employees there is no set workweek so I seriously doubt this scheme will work and all over time should be paid after 8 hours. Apparently Assisted has been practicing this type of labor fraud for years.

Advice to Management

Assisted you operate numerous companies and locations. Follow the Dept of Labor rules for paying employees paidrest breaks, paid unrelieved meal breaks, and for those per diem nurses (aka continuous care hospice nurses) pay overtime after 8 hrs not over time after 12 hrs a day and 40 hrs a week.

"Clinical Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Assisted part-time

Pros

Weekly pay and supportive employees

Cons

Unscrupulous practices,demanding and disrespectful upper management

"Under paid and unhappy employees."

Current Employee - LVN in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - LVN in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Flexible scheduling and immediate on boarding.

Cons

This staffing agency, takes advantage of LVNs by paying them what a CNA makes at a hospital with NO OT, NO SICK TIME, NO HOLIDAY DIFFERENTIAL OR SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL, NO TIME OFF, and VERY EXPENSIVE BENEFITS.($500.00 monthly for 2 persons).

Advice to Management

Increase your pay, add more benefits to keep your current employees, staffed and happy.

8. "Home Health RN Case Manager"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Ventura, CA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Ventura, CA

I worked at Assisted full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great way to practice your nursing. I liked nursing at that personal level. I had freedom to be myself. My patients were free to be themselves. Perfect. I never had to worry that I laughed too loud.

Cons

When I had depression burnout and took a leave of absence. No help was offered, in fact I was given a last notice warning on the day I returned from leave. Infractions that were minor policy problems not patient related no need to fire after 9 years.

Advice to Management

Hearts to Care should apply to the Hands that Care. Loyalty & Remediation.

9. "LVN"

Former Employee - LVN in Panorama City, CA
    Former Employee - LVN in Panorama City, CA

I worked at Assisted (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff in the office

Cons

the company did not pay enough. agencies like these usually have a set rate there is no advancement. overall it is a stable job.

10. "Began with a very low salary, no increase after a year of work. You get a 32hours of pay check every 6 months bonus."

Current Employee - Vocational Nurse in West Covina, CA
    Current Employee - Vocational Nurse in West Covina, CA

Pros

Easy to get time off if you request it a few weeks in advance.
    If you're a new grad... you can at least get some work experience with this company.

Cons

No room for advancement. No salary increase. Hours not guaranteed... if your patient is away or in the hospital... and they can't find an assignment for you... you don't get paid. The salary paid a new grad LVN while in training is $ 10.00 per hour!

Advice to Management

If there will be no advancement... at least pay people better to give them a reason to stay with the company. Why have you company just be a stepping stone?

Assisted Response

Dec 30, 2013 – Recruiter

We appreciate all that our LVN's and Caregivers do for us and our patients. We would love nothing more than reward our staff with higher pay but with recent Medi-Cal program cuts we just aren't able ... More

11. "LVN"

Current Employee - LVN
    Current Employee - LVN

I have been working at Assisted full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work independent, flexible schedule, weekly pay, nice annual staff party.

Cons

Office staff loses nursing notes, DON can have a bad attitude.

Advice to Management

Treat your field nurses with respect, without the nurses there would be no patient's.