Assured Relocation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Janette MacDonell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Regional Account Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Assured Relocation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dedicated workforce, high energy environment, supportive team, entrepreneurial outlook, lots of potential for growth both individually and as a company. Always new challenges coming up because of the nature of the work (time-crucial responses), so it's exciting to face the challenges, develop a plan and execute in the best interest of the client and the policyholder.

Cons

A large percentage of the employees are located remotely throughout the United States. Sometimes, it's disappointing to not interact with fellow employees in person.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in the strong talent! Keep the energy high! Keep the training levels high! Employees will deliver, every time!

2. "Claims Assistant"

Current Employee - Claims Assistant
    Current Employee - Claims Assistant

I have been working at Assured Relocation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working for ARI for almost two years. I honestly can say I love my job, the people I work with, and the company as a whole. My manager is amazing! She is always checking in to see how things are going for us and implementing new ideas to make our jobs better. Upper management has fun events locally and sends small gifts to those of us who are not working in the home office which is a nice caring touch. Great benefits, and work-life balance. I truly feel appreciated and valued as an employee here. That is not said for many companies these days.

Cons

None that I can think of!

3. "Assured Relocation - A Culture of Caring. Founded and run by exceptionally bright, compassionate, and driven people."

Current Employee - Accountant in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Accountant in Remote, OR

I have been working at Assured Relocation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management cares. Benefits are good. Hours are flexible, ie. different positions available to meet your lifestyle. ARI is a 24/7 business. Small town feeling in a big city.

Cons

Downsides...as in any business when the industry is in crisis overtime is needed. However, compensation is above par and your hard work is noticed and appreciated. Also, helping people who have lost so much is its own reward.

Advice to Management

None

4. "Claims and extended stay"

Former Employee - Claims Representative in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Claims Representative in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Assured Relocation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Office space is in nice area. We get parking permits paid by the company. Occasional catering to the office which is pretty nice.

Cons

Very catty workplace. Mangers micromanage employees that clearly know what they are doing and have been around for a long time. I do agree with the last bad review you always feel like your walking on eggshells. All upper management can be rude which makes it hard to reach out if you have questions. CEO hires family members who don't have a clue what they are doing but can't complain about them because it doesn't change out come of their employment but it could affect the person complaining about it. If there gonna work for the company at least make sure you train them just like everyone else so others don't have to pick up their slack.

Advice to Management

Don't write fake "good" reviews. If you work there you clearly know what is going on. Those reviews are not fooling anyone. Based on your last review you wrote to yourself I'm assuming you just started sending stuff to your employees who work from home after the bad reviews because I was there for years and never received anything not even a thank you card.

"Negative Experience"

I worked at Assured Relocation full-time

Pros

The office is in a nice area in MLP, some people (not all) get to work from home, so that's nice for them.

Cons

Where to even begin? Lack of adequate management. The only 'supervisor' is being pulled in so many different directions that you can almost see her head spinning. The COO, CEO and owner are all on different pages, and talk crap about one another to associates that report to them. What kind of company are they running? Surely not one that will be around in the long term. Associates are fired at the drop of a hat, while the workload keeps increasing for employees that are kept. Their systems are archaic and not aligned for the type of industry and clients they serve. When you walk into the office, there isn’t friendly chit chat or any type of happiness. Just people being screamed at by customers because there isn’t enough coverage. To top it all off, they don't have a Human Resources department (or even one HR person), so good luck if any issues come up (which they will).

Advice to Management

Invest in better software, in-house HR and your associates. Treat them with the respect they deserve and are entitled to. Clearly outline job requirements and workloads prior to offering someone a position. Stop being so catty and gossipy - it’s not good for a manager’s office to sound like a high school cafeteria.

"Would not recommend working here!"

I have been working at Assured Relocation full-time

Pros

Most of the employees are friendly.
    Bonds are formed while commiserating over management’s short falls.
    Walking distance to Caltrain and restaurants
    Flexibility to work independently

Cons

Recent mass layoffs were made as a result of management’s failure to meet the expectations and requests from a client. Management provided absolutely no information to employees about the possible loss of client or what could have been done to retain business. Leading up to layoffs it was learned from a 3rd party regarding loss of a client and Assured Relocation knew about it for quite some time but chose to deny it to employees when confronted. The loss of client was due to management’s failure to make requested changes. No management was terminated as a result of this failure but mass layoffs among all other departments resulted. Rather than let employees know of impending loss of a key client and determine ways to keep everyone employed management sat on their hands. Instead, management hired cheap labor in the form of remote employees recently laid off from competitors. All new employees were hired just before layoffs which led to suspicion when caseloads were low. Most employees that were spared from the layoffs were forced to take large pay cuts and possibility for commissions and bonuses were eliminated. Employees in non commissioned departments were forced to accept the additional workload with no additional compensation. This is the tip of the iceberg regarding things wrong with Assured Relocation. The reason provided for layoffs were they are “restructuring the company”.

Assured Relocation is a company that has failed to make the necessary changes to remain competitive in the ever changing insurance relocation industry. Further, the CEO, President and Owner do not communicate, stab each other in the back and all believe they are in charge and the pecking order is blurred. If you have ever seen the movie Office Space refer to the scene where the main character Peter Gibbons meets with the consultants and describes what is wrong with the company; “I have 8 different bosses”, “new cover pages on all the TPS reports”, “no motivation to work harder because no potential for advancement, growth, commission or bonus.” This is the best example of Assured Relocation.

-Little to no training procedures set in place for new hires.
    -No set evaluation or ongoing training for employees. More on the job training and sink or swim mindset.
    -Management belittles the intelligence of employees that have questions.
    -Little communication with employees in regards to job performance or expectations.
    -Performance reviews are non-existent and requests for annual reviews are ignored.
    -Rules made up as they go with no set protocol. Example: client A calls and is upset about how something was handled, a companywide email is immediately sent out changing policies and procedures for client A, B and C even if it is not requested from client B or C.
    -Management’s decisions are emotion based.
    -Employees are fired at the drop of a hat and accused of being “unprofessional” if they raise concerns or attempt to have a discussion with management in regards to operations or possible improvements.
    -Have been sued multiple times for wrongful termination and have always settled.
    -Management is unresponsive even to urgent requests.
    -When management does get involved it is after the fact and “training” used is more finger pointing than anything else.
    -CEO flies in from Southern California on a weekly basis and makes a cameo appearance in headquarters wanders through the office for 15 minutes upon arrival then disappears to work on his side career as an attorney. He is there for a day and a half at most each week. When cornered regarding an email or urgent question he hasn’t responded to he retreats to staring at his phone and responds “yeah I need to take a look at that….let me get back to you” but rarely does.
    -CEO is unprofessional, uninvolved, snarky and does not have his finger on the pulse of the company or industry.
    -Management openly makes disparaging remarks about current and former employees in front of others. They even went as low as to break into the personal Gmail account of a former employee and sat around laughing and joking about it for hours in a room full of current employees in the office.
    -Company laid off a large portion of the staff of recently as a cost cutting measure but CEO stays at the most expensive hotels possible (on the company dime) when he visits the headquarters from Southern California.
    -Non merit based favoritism provided to employees; wedding, baby showers, bonuses and gifts for their favorites only.
    -Day retreats for some employees and not others.
    -Management starts new companywide rules and requirements constantly but they are rarely enforced or monitored which leads to confusion among employees and inconsistency in work product.
     -At least a dozen employees have left on their own accord after recent layoffs due to loss of trust, pay cuts and elimination of incentive bonuses.
    -Remote employees constantly left out of the few perks provided to in office employees.
    -HR company used is incompetent and unable to answer even the simplest questions.
    -No 401K match
    -Health benefits costs are outrageous. Employees with children mentioned that the cost to add a dependent on an HMO policy was roughly $700 per month out of pocket JUST for each dependent.
    -Employees are forced to sign a non-compete prior to starting employment. Assured Relocation knows that this is unenforceable and hopes people will not look into it. Management and CEO know this is illegal and have even hired employees that recently worked for competitors who were under a non compete agreement with former employers.

-New management has not been hired and the company has not been reorganized.
    -Approximately half the company has been laid off or left on their own in the past 6 months and less than 5 have been hired, none in management.
    -Sales staff has been decimated which leads current employees to believe that the company is being leaned up for a possible sale or just closing of the doors.

Advice to Management

Advice to Management:
    -Stop wasting time posting fake reviews online to boost reputation. Anyone who can read knows they are fake. “I don't use all my vacation days up, because I hate missing a day of work.” HAHAHAHA WOW!
    -Also, “free lunches” were actually potlucks organized by a former employee or from vendors that brought food in. Lunch is rarely catered in by the actual company.
    -Treat current employees better all the time, not just in short spurts. A toxic culture has been created and the only way to improve is by cleaning house at the top.
    -Don’t treat employees like unskilled laborers.
    -Attempt to retain high performing employees and ask for input instead of holding secretive back room meetings.
    -Stop hiring out of state untrained employees on the cheap. Instead build from the headquarters

Advice to owner: Terminate all curremnt management, think of ways to keep high performing employees instead of driving them out, fire current 3rd party HR company and hire someone competent to handle in house. For a small business this should not be difficult and would easily be more cost effective. Hire a full time trainer to focus on creating literature, handbooks, manuals, holding learning\training meetings, one on ones. If the owner still does not realize that the CEO and current management has wrecked what was once a decent company then she might as well lock the doors and sell the company instead of watching this dumpster fire burn from afar.

7. "Great opportunities with a great company."

Pros

ARI really is a great company to work for. They have a work/life balance few other companies would even think about. Since my hire, additional benefits have been put in place to improve what was already offered. They truly care about their employees...I have even received gifts for my children from the owner and co-founder. Management from the CEO and owner down have taken time to answer my questions and offer suggestions and quality training, so that I can improve personally. They are also willing to listen to ideas and thoughts on ways to improve processes within the company. Effort and funds have been invested to improve the communication between departments and remote employees. Changes have also been made to position the company ahead in the ever-evolving insurance industry.

I have also seen the passion from my co-workers to help our customers. That passion is recognized and rewarded. When someone stands out, they are utilized and promoted.

Cons

The work is fast paced and demanding, and as a result of the stress of loss, the customers can be difficult. Changes and adjustments have to be made constantly to stay ahead in the industry.

8. "Greatest company I have ever been apart of!"

Current Employee - Regional Director
    Current Employee - Regional Director

Pros

Working for Assured Relocation is by far the greatest company I have ever worked for. The company philosophy is remarkable, and gives employees a supportive environment to build and grow.
    ARI is a company with amazing team principles. The leadership offers exceptional training and encourages the contribution of new ideas. Assured Relocation is unique for the passion that it shares with its employees.

Cons

I don't use all my vacation days up, because I hate missing a day of work!

"Hard work, Great Pay Off"

Pros

I see a lot of bad reviews on here, but I really enjoy my job and feel support. I always feel like I have somewhere to turn if something goes wrong. You get to work at your own pace, there is no micromanagement, flexible time off, lunches. Everyone will also help you when you need it, it can feel like a big family. The benefits are great and the hours are awesome.

Cons

The work can be really hard and you have to deal with really tough people sometimes. When it gets busy you can feel overwhelmed fast.
    There is a lot of gossip that can be distracting and overwhelming, but it has gotten better after a few people have left.

Advice to Management

Hire great people
    Have a better reward system to recognize great employees

"Toxic environment"

Pros

Office is located next to downtown so it's close by restaurants and stores
    Office is also close to Caltrain
    You get some PTO

Cons

No matching for 401K
    Low pay
    Terrible CEO. He is rude, won't look you in the eye when he talks to you. He will just look down at his phone and type away!
    Upper Management does not respect their employees
    Management plays favorites
    Management does give some gift cards to some employees, they pick and choose who and will do it in front of other employees. If you don't give it to everyone then don't give it to anyone. Its unfair treatment.
    No room for growth and absolutely no pay increases
    Very high turnover rate of employees
    One of the managers works from home in another state. No one really reports to her, out of sight out of mind.
    Potluck was organized by an employee and the employee quit so it's no longer provided.
    CEO and owners of company openly bash former and current employees in front of all their employees during the (few) company functions they provide.
    CEO has sent company wide emails with snide remarks about employees, due to all of this many employees have felt so disrespected that they don't want to be affiliated with him or this company.
    Upper management is adept at finding new ways to run their best employees out
    Pay cuts often occur
    Company is full of empty promises
    No in house HR, you don't ever have anyone to talk to if you are having issues and you don't feel as though you can trust your manager with any information. You feel like it's you (and your fellow employees) against management
    You aren't promoted for being good at your job or working hard; it's like a sorority house.

Advice to Management

CEO needs to be replaced
    Respect your employees