AutoClaims Direct Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Client Care Agent"

Current Employee - Client Care Agent in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Client Care Agent in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at AutoClaims Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A continuously growing company with a lot of opportunity available. A great work environment to be a part of. There is personal satisfaction in knowing that you are able to help so many people each day. Management listen's to your suggestions and a values your feedback.

Cons

There's always something to do, so if you are involved, it's hard to call it quits at the end of the business day.

2. "Full Time employment"

I have been working at AutoClaims Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the autonomy and the company culture. Everyone is super friendly and willing to help new employees.
    Love that the executive team is visible and very hands on.

Cons

Need more processes in place around training new employees but it is getting there.
    Need more communication from Management to keep employees engaged and reduce turnover.

3. "Client Care Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at AutoClaims Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Group of People that work well together. You have your own responsibilities and managers are not looking over your shoulder. A caring Company that will support you through hard times

Cons

Fast paced environment that will intimidate the weak and non committed to the success of the compaby

Advice to Management

The only advice would be to look at prospects looking to work here a lot closer to minimize the turn over.

4. "Great at First."

Former Employee - Client Care Associate (CCA) in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Client Care Associate (CCA) in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at AutoClaims Direct (Less than a year)

Pros

* The atmosphere feels almost immediately familial which gives the impression of warmth and team work, which is definitely a morale booster.

*The leadership is experienced and knows the industry as to provide helpful training to put the job into perspective. They are also open and happy to help explain things to assist in doing the job correctly.

*The company has been around for a few years and is steadily gaining more business from new clients, which gives the promise of continued success. All things considered, if the new and existing business is handled well, it can grow to a bigger and more successful company. It's a company with growth potential. The CEO is innovative and is always looking for ways to grow and improve on a winning formula, including having meetings to discuss with the workers how to improve their relationship with the clients and vehicle owners.

Cons

*There is a sort of disorganization in the way the phone system is handled. At the time of working for the company, there were 6 people in the CCA position and only half of them answered the phones which were always busy. Each person was assigned clients and had their daily responsibilities but it seemed fair to excuse half of the team from sharing in the phone duties which regularly disrupted the 3 workers' ability to get their work done in a timely manner. When a new person was hired, they were only taking calls which helped for a couple of weeks, until they, too were given assignments which overwhelmed them to the point where they were no longer a regular contributor to answering the phones. There needs to be enough people dedicated to answering phones so that the CCA's can complete their daily tasks without disruption. Expectations without proper logistics is counter-intuitive.

*There is a high turnover rate. It is due to a couple factors. One is their hiring people who do not "get it" and have to let them go--which is why they use "temps" --you have to clock in up to 720 hours of contract time before you are hired on full time with benefits. There seems to be a revolving door with people either not being fit for the job or those with experience and potential for bigger (better paid) opportunities come around. In my case, it was simply a change in educational trajectory, but I liked the company and the people. Until I announced I was leaving, I thought the feeling was mutual, or so I was told.

*Due to a change in educational path, I had to leave. As a temp, I was not contractually required to give notice but did so out of respect for the company and appreciation for the opportunity. If I hadn't given notice, I would have been able to complete the last week with no issues, but they took the opportunity to "release" me early--this after talk with someone in management about the prospect of possibly going back to work with them later during breaks. There was nothing but positive feedback with my work there and so there was no reason to suspect that they were just "being nice" and blowing smoke. It seemed they were at least open to the idea of having me back on a seasonal basis to take advantage of my regard for the company and training that they invested. It was an unfortunate end to what I thought was a good experience. I was under the impression that I'd be leaving on good terms, but instead they sent a very clear message that they were no longer interested in maintaining a positive relationship.

*You have to be careful what you say and who you say it to. I was advised by management that I was too chatty and talkative, but it was reported to them by a new person who was a CEO "darling" and got "fast-tracked" past the temp stage. I thought we were friendly and on good terms, but it turns out that for all of their initiating chats about their own personal life, I was the one apparently disrupting *them* and was never told of this before they went over me and told my supervisors. For a small office, it is not immune to the negatives of office politics and unless you are a "darling", you may find yourself on the wrong side of a surprising discussion. Granted, once I figured out who it was and addressed it, it seemed to be fine, it is still unfortunate that in a room with only a handful of people, you cannot be quite sure who to trust or whose radar you might be secretly under until it's too late. Again, it is no accident that they hire temps as this political environment of favorites may determine who stays and who goes, regardless of skill, experience and work ethic.

*This one will make more sense if you visit their webpage and know what the company does. There is a shortage of Independent Appraisers (IA's) which regularly puts the Client Care Associates (CCA's) in the awkward position of not being able to give an adequate and satisfactory answer to frustrated insurance adjusters (the company's clients) when those that are assigned to certain areas are either "on vacation" or unresponsive to repeated requests to status the claims for the benefit of ACD and the adjusters. A lot of the IA's seem like they are burned out, frustrated, over-worked, under-appreciated and on the verge of "going on vacation" for indeterminate amounts of time.

Advice to Management

If you complain about a high turnover, perhaps you should try and find a way to hold on to the people who like your company and want to continue working with you, even if they can't do so in a traditional way. It bodes well for a company that says they value their talented and loyal workers to actually do so when the opportunity comes around. Turning them down based on one bad apple in the past could be detrimental to keeping on talent who want to help your company succeed.

5. "Forward thinking growth company!"

Current Employee - Finance in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in Carlsbad, CA

Pros

I enjoy being challenged and working with a team that embraces change. ACD is constantly evolving, anticipates market trends and delivers a technology platform to its customers that allows them to drive costs from their claims process. I particularly love that we have taken paper out of the process...there are no filing cabinets stuffed with manila folders at ACD! The company's growth creates opportunities for its employees.

Cons

Change is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Seek out new employees that are technology savvy, high energy and smart!

"Innovative and Motivating"

Pros

You get to work with modern technology, that's rare in the insurance industry, Work environment is professional but not overly corporate. The company does take input from its staff to improve things.

Cons

Often are forced to work with insurance companies that have inexperienced people and outdated technology and procedures, which makes the job much harder than it needs to be. Dealing with rude insurance adjusters who don't answer their phone so you end up doing their work for them.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the ACD technology because it makes everybody's life easier! Its great to see you encourage staff to achieve personal goals.

7. "Narcissistic Disorder"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Summerville, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Summerville, SC

I worked at AutoClaims Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The salary was inline with other jobs of this type, the benefit offering was not the best and very expensive with them only contributing a portion toward my individual coverage, nothing for my family.

Cons

They don't have a detailed plan of attack or a credible base of referrals. What they do have is a belief that they are the "Apple" of their industry and will revolutionize the auto claims process for insurance companies, in a space they don't exist in.

Advice to Management

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder in which a person is excessively preoccupied with personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity, mentally unable to see the destructive damage they are causing to themselves and others. People with narcissistic personality disorder are characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance. They have a sense of entitlement and demonstrate grandiosity in their beliefs and behavior. They have a strong need for admiration, but lack feelings of empathy. Get some therapy...

AutoClaims Direct Response

May 26, 2016 – VP of Operations

Thank you for your response however this doesn't appear to be from anyone who actually worked at ACD.

8. "Review Employer"

Current Employee - Supplement Specialist in Fountain Hills, AZ
    Current Employee - Supplement Specialist in Fountain Hills, AZ

I have been working at AutoClaims Direct full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with helpful positive fellow employee's, that have the same mind set, doing well the first time so you can move on to the next person and file that we can help.

Cons

Running out of time, the day passes quickly when your busy answering questions for the shop's, and Carriers, a lot of people depend on us everyday for answer's that affects their business, and now were back to PROS again.

Advice to Management

Please Just please keep hiring people who like people, and enjoy the challenges that this type of work brings to you.

9. "ACD"

I have been working at AutoClaims Direct (More than a year)

Pros

ACD provides their customers with excellent customer service through world-class technology.In the Auto Insurance Claims industry, timeliness and accuracy are paramount. ACD gives their employees the tools to provide excellent customer service. It is great to be a part of a winning team that solves the customers problems and strives to meet and exceed their expectations.

Cons

I am looking forward to the continued growth of the company. Continued growth will hopefully lead to promotional opportunities within the organization.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on increasing sales positions, so as to position ourselves to increase our market share. One Recommendation: Create a 'Field Customer Support' position. This would allow the sales team to focus on creating new business. A Field Customer Support position would also allow our Customers to have a liaison, where we can focus on improving servicing their needs and training to the Customer's employees (AutoLink users).

AutoClaims Direct Response

May 10, 2016 – VP of Operations

We appreciate your suggestions and will definitely look into implementing them.

10. "ACD Has Grown and is Still the Best"

Current Employee - CSA
    Current Employee - CSA

I have been working at AutoClaims Direct full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Higher than average wages especially in entry level positions. Remote working conditions. Big company with a small town feel.

Cons

working remotely has its perks but you do miss socializing. Sometimes feel out of the loop.

Advice to Management

Management can be slow to respond but you do get a response eventually. Also, they have been really great at listening and making changes based on employee feedback.