Automated Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Bradley R. Perry

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Could be a great company"

I worked at Automated Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great coworkers. The company is trying to improve the work atmosphere.

Cons

Has typical corporate structure challenges for a company its size. Needs better communication from the top down. The work environment can get negative real quick.

Advice to Management

It would improve moral if the policies were consistently implemented from department to department and applied to all personnel. Get to know the people you have working for you … not just a select few. If you appreciate your employees then show them.

2. "Client Services Analyst"

Former Employee - Client Service Analyst in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Automated Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company outings, free lunch provided every now and then, opportunity to grow within the company.

Cons

Pay, benefits, and lack of communication between departments in the organization.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge the amount of work the associates are assigned but not trained to complete.

"Perfect to get some experience in the TECH field"

Former Employee - Client Service Analyst in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Automated Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can build a lot of experience working for this company. You will learn a lot about their software and build the knowledge to understand how PCs communicate through servers and more. As long as you get your work done, then nobody can tell you anything. You get a lot of autonomous time to be on the internet, on your phone and even sometimes speak with other co-workers regarding the company products or anything else in general.

Cons

Employees are very disrespectful when you ask for help and there is no training on respect and morality between employees and clients. Company structure needs to be redone majorly. The CEO is a piece of gar**** along with the other Senior Managements. The CEO and Senior Managements don't could care less about their employees. All they care about is making money and taking all the money into their salaries. Last year they claimed the company made over $200,000 in revenue. However, that's after the CEO and top managements put more than 5-8 million plus into their salaries. They are unethical and don't care about you not one bit. They just want to sell their products and make money while the ones running the show (tech guys) make low salaries and barely have anything left over at the end of the month. The turnover rate is so high especially in the Insite Department. There is no room to grow within that company for advancements and the company bases your salary and everything else based upon what you know about the software. It will take you 3-4 years to be completely fluent and understand their software based products. They don't recognize honesty, integrity, respect or hard work. They just want you to get the work done while they make money. Benefits, health benefits and 401K are just so horrible.

Advice to Management

The CEO thinks he's better than everyone else and will look down upon you and won't even greet you. I worked there for a while and not one day did the CEO or other top management even say a word of politeness to us employees. They won't even say hi at all! What a garbage management system. Start appreciating your employees and make them known around the company for their hard work. Recognize the employees that are doing good. Have company meetings in each department once a month where the CEO and speak with everyone and explain what's going on and what we can improve on as a company. Start taking advice from employees as well. Also, give raises to employees every 6 months to keep them motivated even if it's a $.50 cent raise. Encourage employees by making incentive plans and have employees compete with another on who can be at work the earliest and get the most work done while being genuine to co-workers and clients.

"Former Employee"

Pros

There are some great and talented people there.

Cons

The people in charge don't know what they are doing.

Advice to Management

Listen and trust your employees

5. "Product Manger"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Automated Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A small close knit community with accessible management

Cons

Advancement can be slow with little movement in management

Advice to Management

Trust employees more

Automated Systems Response

May 4, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your response. We are always looking at ways to improve. We value our employees and love our family environment.

"Looks good from the outside"

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Automated Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Depending on your position you have a good bit of autonomy and time to yourself to do with what you wish, bonus if/when you travel, flexibility when it comes to time off

Cons

No communication, highly unorganized, higher ups only care about their own issues, everyone thinks they're better than everyone else, too many people in positions who aren't qualified to be there.

Advice to Management

Take some time to actually train your employees & show some appreciation. Take action and do what you say you're going to do for your team instead of dragging your feet on issues that are important to them but may not be as advantageous for you.

Automated Systems Response

May 4, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for responding - we are always looking at ways to improve. We are trying new communication rhythms with our employees as well as internal training.

"Terrible management"

Pros

Terrible benefits but some great people working there.

Cons

Need some serious managment reorganization.

"Product Manager"

Pros

Small Company growing can be an influence

Cons

Management disarray need leadership to take over

"Great Place for a Corporate Experience"

I worked at Automated Systems (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to jump into a wide range of responsibilities that interested me and management was willing to consider new ideas, services, or software that I presented. I had the freedom to take on a task on my own without micromanaging and really see where it would take me. A new HR rep was added and new changes have started coming around to policies, many that were desired and requested by employees such as compensation and dress code.

Cons

Not a lot of room to move up the ladder. It can be hard to get communication from management.

Advice to Management

Communication and follow-up with employees. Consistent stance for management situations.

"Seeing good changes"

Current Employee - Support in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Support in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Automated Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has made a lot of changes in the last 2 years. A complete review of compensation, revised dress code, management changes and the addition of a HR Manager. The company is trying to make changes and listen to the employees. The company is growing.

Cons

If you want to succeed at ASI - you have to have the passion for building a career. Not really a con but if you want your hand held, it's not a place for you. That's the benefit of working at a small company.

Advice to Management

Consistent management practices.