Avendra Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Director in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Director in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Avendra full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very stable company that's made a lot of positive changes in the last few years.

Cons

Smaller company means limited growth opportunities but very good about promoting from within.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work you've done for the company and the employees

"Awesome People & Talent"

I have been working at Avendra full-time

Pros

2017 - Benefits package is great! Great vision by the executive team. Open door policy - from Admin - CEO of the company. Great co-workers that are always willing to help or answer questions.

Cons

2017 - Work culture is getting better, but can be improved.

Advice to Management

Keep on plowing forward! It's a good time to work in Avendra!

May 20, 2017 – Director of Talent

Thank you for the kind words. I do agree that we have some pretty awesome people working at Avendra.

3. "Great Place to Work"

Pros

Good work atmosphere, work-life balance, company moving in exciting direction

Cons

Career track sometimes undefined but management is getting better

Nov 21, 2016 – Director of Talent

You feedback is appreciated. I am happy to hear that you are enjoying a good work-life balance and the company atmosphere.

4. "Sales"

I worked at Avendra full-time

Pros

Overall, nice place to work.

Cons

More focus on benefits and perks than $ with compensation packages.

Dec 2, 2016 – Director of Talent

It is good to know that you felt Avendra was a nice place to work. We strive to be competitive in our total compensation package including benefits, and feedback from our associates is that it is... More

5. "Great Company!!"

Current Employee - Manager in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Avendra full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance with transparent management, co-workers that are hard-working and care about our partner companies and clients

Cons

Have yet to find something I don't like

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Looking forward to learning more about

Nov 11, 2016 – Director of Talent

I am glad that you are enjoying the work environment at Avendra. Thank you for the nice review.

6. "Great internship experience"

Former Employee - IT Analyst Intern
    Former Employee - IT Analyst Intern

Pros

-The internship program was well organized
    -I was placed in a great team that really helped me get my hands on some "real world" projects. I wasn't stuck doing filing/copying/etc
    -Friendly environment, others were willing to help

Cons

Haven't found any cons, I really enjoyed my summer here

Sep 13, 2016 – Director of Talent

Thank you for the kind words. We are so happy that you had a great internship experience.

"Excellent place to work at!"

Current Employee - Senior .NET Developer in Germantown, MD
    Current Employee - Senior .NET Developer in Germantown, MD

I have been working at Avendra full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Avendra as an organization is run extremely well. Everything, starting with the roles/responsibilities for each position to your professional/career advancement is very well defined. The best part about coming into work is knowing that you'll be working with people who also work hard, care about results and are very pleasant/easygoing at the same time.

Cons

I have yet to come across anything that stands out as a con for Avendra.

Advice to Management

Great job! The way Avendra is managed is very different from many other organizations I've worked at.The openness and the supportive culture at Avendra make it a pleasure to work here.

Jul 6, 2016 – Director of Talent

I am so glad that you have enjoyed your time at Avendra thus far. It is great that you have found the people that you work with to be pleasant as well as hard-working. An important part of our... More

8. "Review from a former Analyst (Entry-Level)"

Former Employee - Project Analyst, Program Rollout and Supplier Diversity
    Former Employee - Project Analyst, Program Rollout and Supplier Diversity

I worked at Avendra full-time

Pros

- Opportunities to take on new and challenging projects are abundant. These projects are then often presented directly to senior leadership at Avendra. This exposure to senior leadership, even for an entry level position, is one of Avendra's greatest assets.
    - Great environment to work in, everyone is super friendly and welcoming
    - It is easy to take on new roles within different departments at Avendra
    - Company is moving in a great direction, which really raises morale at the company
    - Senior leadership at the company is really great and there is great communication up and down the corporate ladder
    - Heavy investment in employees with adequate training and a number of classes offered every month
    - Pretty great work life balance. Avendra is open to employees' varying schedules.

Cons

- Cross functional communication can be a bit disjointed
    - Client expectations are extremely tough and demanding, can lead to a bit of undue stress on employees
    - As a smaller company, senior positions are a bit harder to come by (as people at the top level have been and will remain with the company for a long time). That being said, there are plenty of projects typically "outside an employees pay grade" that can be worked on.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job investing in employees and moving the company in the current direction

Jul 6, 2016 – Director of Talent

We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience working at Avendra. You mention that you were able to interact with the senior leadership team even in an entry-level position, and the... More

"Great Place To Work"

I have been working at Avendra full-time

Pros

I have worked at a few companies---both large and small---and Avendra has been the best work environment by far. Avendra has a very collegial work environment where people really do want to help out and assist others. Collaboration is really important, and there is a lot of opportunity to work with people in different departments and learn about other aspects of the business. Learning is something that is encouraged and there are many opportunities through the Avendra University. Benefits are top-notch. There is up to a 6% company contribution to the 401 (k), company paid short and long term disability and reasonably priced health care.

Cons

Some of the reviews have touched upon the fact that as a smaller company there is not as much opportunity for promotions. There is a lot of tenure at the company which means higher level positions do not open up that often. Even so, I have seen quite a few promotions this year. Also, there have been many transfers to different departments and roles which also give associates an opportunity to grow.

Advice to Management

Keep on focusing on the associates. We have a talented group of people with wonderful ideas and a great work ethic. Avendra’s success through the years has been because of its people. Continue to keep the culture a positive one.

Dec 23, 2015 – Director of Talent

Your review of Avendra is appreciated. I am so glad that you are enjoying working at Avendra.

"Avendra"

Pros

Experienced and knowledgeable staff with a great company culture. Collaborative work environment that helps to get the job done. Lots of perks within the company that add to the welcoming environment.

Cons

Because it's a fairly small company, the ability to move up is somewhat limited. There are lots of opportunity from department to department, but not the best for upward growth.

Dec 23, 2015 – Director of Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review of Avendra and thank you for your positive feedback. I am glad you mentioned a very welcoming environment. I believe we have a really good... More