Axcient Reviews | Glassdoor

Axcient Reviews

Found 87 reviews

3.3
David Bennett
Pros
  • "Aside from interesting work, good location, good food, group workout days, etc(in 5 reviews)

• "Catered lunches, unlimited snacks, booze, great people in the Austin office(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Product architect, product managers, senior core engineers are all gone which leaves behind a team of junior engineers to band-aid the products(in 2 reviews)

• "Backup technology is always improving, so competition keeps everyone on their toes(in 4 reviews)

1. "On the right track and ready to grow!"

I have been working at Axcient full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The company is financially healthy, has revamped product development, built a consistent sales process, invested in marketing and is ready to grow in 2019!They truly care about their employees.

Cons

Still some work to do to attract a wider range of customers to truly accelerate growth.

Advice to Management

Stay consistent and continue to provide clear and frequent communication to employees. Raise the profile in the market. Invest in ecosystem integrations.

2. "It is what you make it"

• Overall

I have been working at Axcient full-time

Pros

-Lots of room to grow -Small office, get to know just about everyone -Great Benefits

Cons

It's difficult to put a finger on the Cons with Axcient because it is changing so rapidly. There are many shortcomings, most notably how poor it operates financially. What is peculiar is their notion that the finances are improving when they are definitely not. That being said they are bringing in a new CEO so there is hope for change. It is extremely frustrating working with so many remote employees. They pitch it as...

Advice to Management

Stop going remote and stop with the crazy paychecks ...you literally can't afford to pay out these massive bonuses when youre operating at a loss.

3. "Nice place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Axcient full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Very casual company culture. Nice and professional colleagues. Office is in good location and has beautiful views. Fairly good benefits.

Cons

Startup business goes up and down. Company lost quite lots of experienced engineer recently.

• "Great Place to Work."

I worked at Axcient

Pros

-Great People -Small enough to feel as though you are affecting the company's goals with your daily contributions -Empowerment from managers to work autonomously, without anyone hovering over your shoulder

Cons

-Small staff in the Cupertino office. If you want a lively office, I believe the Denver office is the way to go.

• "Good stable job right now but the company's future is dim!"

Current Employee - Sustaining Engineer

I have been working at Axcient full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

There are plenty of job and plenty of things to do at Axcient. People here are decent and more friendly than other places that I have experience. There's definitely an esprit-de-corp among the team. Work-life balance is great.

Cons

Although the job is stable, the prospect of our future is looking dim. The company does not have a growth plan and more importantly it is not on a growing path. 2 years ago, we were Axcient. Then we became eFolder. Now we are back to Axcient again and eFolder disappeared. It is so confusing! Are we eFolder or are we Axcient?

Advice to Management

Stop wasting money! For a little company with little resources, there are 3 campuses: Cupertino, Smolensk, and Denver. Why 3 campuses? Why not just 1? Back-up and disaster-recovery is not a growing market because once the IT department virtualize their environment, they become so bullet-proof that servers going down is the thing of the past. BDR only fairs well with real hardware. Speak of real hardware and virtual...

• "Good idea for backups, but lack development and leadership"

Former Employee - CSM in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Axcient full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Caring execs, fair wages, fun outings

Cons

always dev/production issues, pushing the limits of small eng/dev team

Advice to Management

hire more dev/eng team

• "Engineer"

I have been working at Axcient full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great team who are passionate about helping MSP's (Managed Service Providers) provide great backups for their customers.

Cons

Backup technology is always improving, so competition keeps everyone on their toes.

• "Good Culture"

I have been working at Axcient full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Working on change initiatives Developing new products Employee-centric

Cons

Sometimes difficult to connect with remote workers

• "Boys Club Anyone?"

Former Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I worked at Axcient full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

If you are a male, and of zero ethnicity. Its perfect!

Cons

Zero creativity and innovation, same boring events, product is not exciting and brings nothing new to the MSP market. We can't use our products internally, because they don't work. Zero career advancement. Too many to list, again the ultimate "boys club," this place is a joke.

Advice to Management

I am not a disgruntled former employee, just honest about my reviews. They won't change anything anyway.

• "Sales Development Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Axcient full-time for more than a year

Pros

Specific to the position: Excellent support from management and coworkers. There are actual leads and marketing that helps you. Freedom to work and get things done. Nobody is standing over your shoulder, but they are there to help. No shortage of people to call. Tools that you need to be successful. Specific to the company: Free snacks. Happy Hour. Lots of fun activities, contests, and team building activities....

Cons

Traffic can be a pain to get in and out of Downtown, but that is Denver. I take the train in everyday. It drops off right in front of the buidling. All Sales positions can be stressful. If you are not putting some stress on yourself in sales you are probably not doing well.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward. There is a really great energy here that you have created. Continue to foster that. Stick to the plan on your solutions and marketing. This company is poised to grow! I am really excited to be here at this time!

Axcient Response

December 18, 2018VP People

Thank you for the feedback as we are always trying to improve. Traffic in the downtown area can be a drag– but hey at least it’s not Los Angeles!

Found 87 reviews