Axcient Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Axcient

2.9

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Axcient (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Although I was not thinking about changing job seriously, but when the recruiter from Axcient contacted me I wanted to give it a try. I was scheduled for phone interview. But no phone call on scheduled date and time. One guy called me half hour later. He asked me about about my experience and a few technical question related to linux and file system. Although the interview was alloted for 45 minutes, he finished it in less than 30 minutes. No call in next few days. I also forgot about it. But after a week I was contacted for onsite interview. I went to their office for interview. I was led to a small conference room and was told that an engineer would be there shortly. After making me waiting for more than 15 minutes one guy entered hurriedly and started asking programming questions. He seemed very impatient and if I did not write down the solution on whiteboard quickly enough, he started asking next question. Then he finished the interview and left hurriedly without giving me any opportunity to ask any question. Again there is a 10 minutes pause before next guy showed up and started reading my resume for next few minutes. It seemed he himself wasn't prepared for the interview and didn't know what to ask. The third guy was exactly opposite of first two. He was patient and polite. He didn't have attitude problem. He asked linux and programming questions. I did quite good on his questions. The recruiter told me that she is going to get back in next few days. But I did not hear from them since then. It wasn't the company I was seriously considering anyway.

Meanwhile I gathered some information about Axcient through my friends. I learned that the project there is in total disarray because the new VP/director is not handling the project properly. Engineers are leaving left and right in mass rate. I found couple of former employees in Linkedin. I contacted them and they confirmed the news. Good grief. Today it looks like I definitely dodged a bullet by not getting an offer from Axcient.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Some introduction of company. And simple BST proble,

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Axcient.

Interview

applied online . 1 phone and then on site .
    phone wasnt too difficult . asked couple of linked list questions , simple thread questions .
    onsite :
    3 rounds . first round started a bit late , mix up in the interviewers . was asked to implement a hash table . since we didnt have enough time to complete , moved on from coding and was asked some questions abtr hash table - what to do during collisions etc .
    was asked a question that is related to implementing substring or strstr function in c , but put in a way of what they were doing .
    was asked a question on tree , simpler looking back now . but couldnt think of the answer then .

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Axcient (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Straight to the point. Asked general questions. Asked about school, major, interests, hobbies, etc. I enjoyed the process and they treated it as I was a full time serious employee.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for Axcient? Why do you like/love technology?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Axcient (Mountain View, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Company treats interviewees with arrogance. They have absolutely no respect for those interviewing there. Amazingly the CEO supports this kind of interview behavior, which should speak of the young immature CEO leadership. What is the point in a value system once one is employed if one cannot respect the interview candidate. It is a joke and fun for the interview team.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Axcient (Mountain View, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I reached out to a recruiter, who took a while to get back to me, ended up putting me in touch with another recruiter at the company who took a few days to get in touch. Had a phone interview, then was scheduled for two on-site interviews, ended up being three onsite interviews, where I met everyone in the mgmt team I think. Thought that even the janitor would be coming in to talk to me... But other than that, the process from phone call to getting an offer only took two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to work on a short "what if" scenario, but other than that interview questions were pretty standard.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Axcient (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, then heard nothing for a month, out of no where I get a follow up call. First interview was with a director, which went well followed by 2 group interviews, along with me being introduced to various team members that I did not even speak with.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Axcient.

Interview

Recruiters had a hard time describing the position and exactly what they are looking for. Anyway, after the phone screen I got an onsite interview. After coming onsite I was introduced to various people, from CEO to the janitor of the company. It was like a tour of the zoo.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Axcient (Mountain View, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

It first started with a short phone interview with the recruiter who just asked about school projects and involvement as a student. The following week I got another phone call with the senior manager for about 45 minutes explaining the role and responsibilities of the position and checking whether this was the right fit and place for me. She immediately told me that she will coordinate with the recruiter to schedule an onsite interview.

They scheduled me to interview with 7 different people for an entry level/intern position!! two from tier 1 team, two from tier 2, department lead, senior manager, and a recruiter. They were really nice and kind people except Tier 1 team who were going to be the position's supervisors. They kept putting me in the spot asking a little bit of technical questions that weren't mentioned in the job post. Then they had me write SQL queries on a white board. I had the right people skills, but probably not the technical person they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• How do you calm angry sales customers on the phone?   Answer Question
    • What technical knowledge do you have? How do you demonstrate what you know?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Axcient (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I started the interview process I the summer of 2014 but was unable to move forward because the company hadn't gotten fully established in the Austin area. As soon as they'd found a suitable office space, I received a flood of emails asking me to come back in and interview for the same position. Everyone was very helpful and polite.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer
    • What motivates you most in the work place?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation. They offered me almost $10,000 more yearly than what I was previously making.