BCAA Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
BCAA President and CEO Shom Sen
Shom Sen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work-life balance, good cafeteria (in 8 reviews)

• Head office - rare opportunity in Vancouver to see the business full-circle (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance could be much better: some work or projects require extra time (in 3 reviews)

• cor in Head Office is a bit dated in places (in 4 reviews)

1. "assistant"

Former Employee - Assistant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Assistant in Boston, MA

I worked at BCAA (More than a year)

Pros

hours were good, friendly people

Cons

i had no cons

2. "Senior Insurance Advisor"

I have been working at BCAA full-time

Pros

Awesome benefits, and great pay.

Cons

Open on Saturdays which means you wold have to work some Saturdays

3. "Great Position, Wonderful Customers, Bad Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC (Canada)

I have been working at BCAA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Benefits, Vacation, Facility, Employees and the The customers. Employees and Customers feels like family.

Cons

No Communication to Employees to improve customer service experience, Customers get mailed new promo's before employees find out about the new promos. Not paying employees fairly. When having concerns about important issues that needs to be addressed, managers do not communicate to employees to understand a situation or concern to make change which would improve customer and employee experience. Micro-Managing from many managers who do not resolve any issues which causes many good and talented employees to quit means that there is problems with management. One has to look and research why so many are quitting.

Advice to Management

Address employees concerns via in person or by phone. Having concerns means that the employee cares about their work and department. Would be nice if employees would be able to review their manager because they work with no supervision.
    I would love to talk to Shom Shen regarding my experience. I do not want to leave BCAA because it is a good company and my fellow colleagues feel like family to me.

Feb 16, 2018 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your experience has not been an overall positive one. It’s our desire to ensure that all of our people enjoy their time at BCAA, and we... More

4. "Call Centre (MCC) - BCAA"

I have been working at BCAA full-time

Pros

- nice working environment with a nice gym as well
    - the people working there are nice and always willing to help
    - good career advancement if willing to stay within company

Cons

- busy working environment
    - on phones all day and just sitting, waiting for calls all day

5. "Excellent company to work for. Highly recommended."

Pros

Room to grow. Outstanding training program for insurance. Supportive team.

Cons

No cons to speak of.

Jan 30, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

We are happy to hear about your positive experience at BCAA and glad that you felt supported. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

6. "Learning experience"

I worked at BCAA full-time

Pros

Lots of support system for employees

Cons

Mentally taxing due to high volume

Jan 30, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your comments. Like many businesses, we have high volume seasons but focus on providing as much work-life balance as possible. This feedback is valuable for us to review.

7. "Great Culture, Great People and Strong Vision for the Future"

I have been working at BCAA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very collbrative people first approach to achieving shared goals.

Cons

The food at the HQ restaurant is cheap, but the quality of what you can get is poor.

8. "Road Assist fleet Technician"

Current Employee - Road Assist Fleet Technician in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Road Assist Fleet Technician in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at BCAA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My reasons for working with the company is that the have a good flexible job experience and a quality salary scheme.

Cons

For now I am an applicant so seeing the company brochure they don't really have much downside.

Advice to Management

My advice to the company management is that they should continue to increase their employment to foreign employees.

9. "Filled with micromanagement"

Pros

Free parking, coffee and tea
    Fair compensation

Cons

If you enjoy being told what to do by several layers of management, this is the place to be. After a certain point, I feel like working here regressed my career instead of growing it.

"British Columbia Automobile Association Is A GREAT COMPANY"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I worked at BCAA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

British Columbia Automobile Association Is A British Columbian Company That Is American Automobile Association Affiliated And Provides The Same Products As American Automobile Association Like "Free Road Maps" And Tour Books Of Every State/Province/Territory Within Canada And America

Cons

There Isn't Any Cons Because British Columbia Automobile Association Is British Columbian And They Invest In Their Members And Employees The British Columbian Way That BEST REPRESENTS B.C. And AMERICA AND MAKES British Columbia Proud!

Advice to Management

There Is No Culture Clash At British Columbia Automobile Associations! Their Stay True To British Columbia! British Columbia Automobile Association Head Office Is Located In Port Metro Vancouver/Burnaby Is Not Interuppted/Distracted/Sabotage By The Inbound Traffic Of The International Community But Instead Takes Pride In Showing Off British Columbia And America! If You Want Culture They'll Advise You Take A Vacation To The Destination Of Culture Your Craving! I'm A Proud British Columbian And I Loved Working There! I Was A North American Travel Specialist At British Columbia Automobile Associations Head Office And They TRAIN Their Staff To Be GREAT And To Be GREAT LEADERS For British Columbia. They INVEST In Their Employees Through Training And Rewards And It Helps The Employees Excel! Not Every Company Does That But British Columbia Automobile Association Does And Because They Do That Whether You Work For Them Short Term,Long Term, Full Time, Part Time For Decades Or Just A Couple Months That You Will Have No Regrets But Great Memories And You As An Employee Will Value Your Own Accomplishments That Is Great For Your Resume And Your Life!