KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 189 of over 209 reviews

4.1
BOLD Co-CEOs Doug Jackson and Jamie Freundlich
Doug Jackson and Jamie Freundlich
Pros
  • "Good company for work life balance(in 56 reviews)

• "BOLD has a good corporate culture(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "N/A - I absolutely enjoy my days working at BOLD(in 14 reviews)

• "The business model is basically a dark pattern(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company With AMAZING Benefits

Nov 29, 2021 - Executive Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

They actually care about the staff. They hear you when you voice a concern and do everything they can to improve your work experience. Good work life balance. Work remote. AMAZING Benefits. Very kind people. Challenging work with growth opportunities.

Cons

I haven't found any yet. I'm a new hire, and honestly I haven't found anything I don't like about BOLD. Just wish I had found it earlier!

Senior Director, Human Resources

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you taking the time to do so! We are glad you are having a great experience at BOLD. We do care about our employees because they are the ones that make it happen every day and they are critical to our success.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A lot of room for improvement

Aug 27, 2021 - Senior User Experience Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Warning: All the good reviews you see are because HR encourages new employees to submit a Glassdoor review in their first 90 days, before the cracks show below the surface. If you want a more realistic view of BOLD, I recommend your sort "Lowest Rated" - Pretty good work/life balance if you don't have to work with remote teams - A lot of smart and kind people - Company is profitable (but for how long?)

Cons

- CEOs are completely out of touch. - The business model is basically a dark pattern. Not ethical. Tricks customers into buying a subscription that has little value and hopes the customer doesn't notice they are being charged. - No structured career path. Difficult to get promotions. Employees end of feeling stuck and frustrated. - Lack of vision

6 people found this review helpful

Senior Director, Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to write us. We appreciate what you have to say regarding your experience and we will share this with our team. We want to leverage what we do well like, hiring great people, and cultivating an environment where people can do great things. So thanks for your time with us and for the feedback.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Nov 16, 2021 - Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great team, benefits, flexible schedule

Cons

Nothing really to say, maybe collaborating across different teams with different time zones could be challenging sometimes

Senior Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and we use your feedback to leverage what is going well and areas we need to work on. We are glad you find the culture, team, benefits and flexible schedule to be very positive! T

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Disorganized for the size of the company, nice people

Dec 16, 2021 - Program Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people that are easy to get along with

Cons

Disorganized and not that competent

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Work Life balance

Dec 2, 2021 - User Experience Designer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance Co-workers are all friendly

Cons

Career growth does not has transparency

Senior Director, Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you like your coworkers. We have gotten feedback about career growth and have just completed and we will be rolling out career ladders and what it takes to get to the next level at BOLD. This came from feedback like yours and we have worked to improve that considerably and make it fully transparent for employees.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good

Dec 2, 2021 - Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom, safety, growth, fun, exciting

Cons

hard, demanding, timely, puncunal, boring

Senior Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate hearing from you. We hope you can work with your leadership team on the demands and please feel free to speak with HR. Tech can have demanding timelines with the competive nature.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Oct 1, 2021 - SEO Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture, the team, the workflow and people value

Cons

It can get too crazy with the amount of work you have but it’s also because we’re growing so fast.

Senior Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspectives with us. It is very much appreciated. We look at all the feedback and look for patterns on where we are doing well and leveraging that further and areas of improvement that we still may need to work on.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Intern Review

Nov 23, 2021 - Internship
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great, I learned a lot

Cons

Usual Tech Downsides, deep in financial district

9. 3.0

RUN

Sep 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people who actually do the are great. In terms of management, if you want to be like a waiter, taking orders and hopping to and fro, this is your company!

Cons

Leadership rules by decree about things they don’t understand, are incurious and make sure blame always rolls downhill. It is a high octane, macho culture where aggression is rewarded. If you want to feel good at the end of the day, not beat up, this is not the place for you.

7 people found this review helpful

10. 1.0

scam artists all around

Sep 21, 2021 - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not much of anything. Pay was decent.

Cons

Very unethical business model. It is surprising that they have not been caught for shady business practices. The business would get into ethical dilemmas if their business strategy was found out. Managers have no experience or business managing and come from mediocre schools- which is shown through their lack of intellectual depth and curiosity.

10 people found this review helpful

Senior Director, Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry your experience was not as good as you would have liked. We take this feedback seriously and will look at areas we can improve upon.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 189 Reviews
    </>Embed

BOLD Reviews FAQs

BOLD has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 209 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at BOLD to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, BOLD employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at BOLD. This rating has decreased by 0% over the last 12 months.

83% of BOLD employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated BOLD 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at BOLD to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be compensation, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with BOLD Job Seekers