BOLD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BOLD

2.8

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BOLD (San Francisco, CA) in December 2020.

Interview

I have never had such a horrible and disrespectful experience as I've had with the BOLD recruiter. I applied to a position, and was pleasantly surprised to see an email from a recruiter rather quickly.

However, this was the content of the email:

Please look it over and find the top essential requirements that are highlighted in bold and underlined, and explain to me how your experience maps, or does not map, to each of them by using specific work examples as best you can. Please use work examples v.s. school projects or internships. Please use work you have done since leaving school.

_____________________________

When I asked if we could set up an interview so that I was also given the opportunity to learn about the role, the expectations and the company in general, or if I had to answer his questions via email the recruiter responded with two words - "the latter."

No explanation as to why I needed to justify my experiences and salary in an email, or why he was mentioning excluding school experience (as I graduated quite awhile ago, but school experience should not be negated for new grads).

I honestly cannot believe that a reputable business would choose to treat their candidates in this way. A simple explanation as to why he wanted to first proceed via email, or an outline of the interview process would have sufficed.

If this is the way a company treats potential candidates, I don't want to know how they treat their employees.

Interview Questions

• I immediately declined to move forward in the interview so was not asked any proper interview questions.   Answer Question

Event Planner Interview

Interview

Brief first interview with a recruiter then a team leader for the second interview. The first interview was very, very brief where I was not allowed to ask any questions. The second interview didn't seem too interested in my personal goals and was based more on explaining their company goals.

Interview Questions

• Rank these in order of importance to yourself: Money, Family Time, Work Life Balance, Happiness and Growth   Answer Question

Associate Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BOLD (San Francisco, CA) in September 2020.

Interview

The following describes the entire interview process (during COVID so fully remote):
    1. Email recruiter screen
    2. Zoom interview with hiring manager
    3. Zoom interview with team
    4. Zoom final interview with hiring manager
    5. Offer letter sent

Interview Questions

• 1. How does your experience relate to the job description?
      2. Why are you interested in BOLD and this role?
      3. How have you worked well with dev teams in the past?
      4. How do you prioritize features and initiatives?
      5. How would you use machine learning to solve a problem?   Answer Question

System Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guaynabo, PR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BOLD (Guaynabo, PR) in September 2020.

Interview

I interviewed during the COVID pandemic, so things were slow and all online. However, the recruiter was one of the kindest people I have spoken to, guided along the way, and provided prompt responses. The interview process included a hiring manager round, followed by a 2-hour online assessment with SQL, JSP, etc, and finally a panel interview (approx 4 hours)

Interview Questions

• Questions based of prior experience (tell me about a time when...)
      How have you used data analysis and SQL in the past?
      Generic - Why this company? Why this role?   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BOLD.

Interview

Phone call with HR; followed by interview with hiring manager; followed by panel presentation (with ~1 week to prepare)

The process felt fair & respectful of people's time on both ends.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about researching a product or feature? (Prepare a presentation & present to a panel)   Answer Question

Sep 22, 2020 – Senior Talent Acquisition Leader

Many thanks for sharing your experience with us!

SEO Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BOLD (San Diego, CA) in August 2020.

Interview

The interview process was what got me to work for BOLD. The communication was clear, transparent and everything moved smoothly. It was a great first sign. And I knew I wanted to continue. I had 4 interviews and each person was kind, upfront and also answered all the questions I had.

Interview Questions

• What growth did you deliver at your previous position?   1 Answer

Nov 4, 2020 – Senior Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are glad you joined us!

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BOLD in July 2020.

Interview

The interview process from what I understand starts with a call with a recruiter, then an interview with the Hiring Manager, then an interview and presentation with a team, and finally a short interview with the founders for company fit.

I got to the interview with the Hiring Manager but did not go past. The interview for this role focused on questions about your research process, examples of research, and how one would teach others to conduct user research.

It lasted 45 minutes. With about 30 minutes by the Hiring Manager and then 10-15 minutes for my questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you scope a project?   Answer Question
    • What advice would you give a team member how is conducting user interviews for the first time?   Answer Question
    • Please tell me about your research process.   Answer Question
    • How did you determine what content/research to share/present based on the audience?   Answer Question

Jul 17, 2020 – Senior Talent Acquisition Leader

Many thanks for sharing your experience!

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BOLD.

Interview

A recruiter reached out in response to online application. They had very basic questions regarding work experience but they were more interested in visa status and compensation.
    I would say that they should atleast update the candidate with the decision .
    overall very unprofessional experience

Interview Questions

• experience,visa status related questions requested via e-mail.
      Never got an update after telling them the visa status.   Answer Question

Jan 25, 2021 – Senior Talent Acquisition Leader

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I'm sorry we didn't get back to you, our intent is to never have a candidate go into a black hole.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BOLD (San Francisco, CA) in May 2020.

Interview

Before the first round phone conversation, I received 5 emails from the recruiter asking for my salary expectation. He was very specific about not being able to move forward if I can't agree on what they are willing to offer. He then gave me a specific number of 105k. Up to this point, I wasn't provided with any information about the team or the interview process. I didn't feel it was fair to negotiate a concrete number before showing my skills or learning anything about the team. What I find ironic is that their business is to help job seekers to achieve success but in reality, they failed to treat their own candidates with fairness.

Interview Questions

BOLD Response

Jul 17, 2020 – Senior Talent Acquisition Leader

I'm sorry you had a negative experience. Your feedback has helped us review and update our approach. Your comments are much appreciated!

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BOLD (San Francisco, CA) in May 2020.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly and was very well organized. The Interviews were organized on Zoom meetings and HR was very effective at providing informations on the next steps and giving timeline.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my Product experiences and projects examples.   Answer Question

Sep 22, 2020 – Senior Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you for sharing your experience. We strive to keep our process as efficient as possible!