Backbase Reviews

Updated Jan 15, 2021

4.3
Backbase CEO Jouk Pleiter
Jouk Pleiter
Pros
  • "Very nice work environment, you have the opportunity to grow(in 14 reviews)

• "Free lunch before corona situation (although not so tasty)(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "r amp d(in 9 reviews)

• "It is a Dutch company so they are very direct with feedback(in 7 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great experience with interview"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Backbase full-time

Pros

extremely organized; friendly, experienced people

Cons

new here so none so far

"Great place to work."

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Backbase full-time for less than a year

Pros

Vision, Leadership, Culture, Fast growing

Cons

i am too new to say anything that does not work.

"Great products, great people, and strong opportunity to grow"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Backbase full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company vision/strategy, strong leadership, transparency, and culture.

Cons

Fast paced and evolving product streams that require team members comfortable with change and learning new skills. No equity or stock offered.

Continue reading

"Amazing Tech Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boise, ID

I have been working at Backbase full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Backbase is a company filled with intelligent, passionate, and driven individuals that are on a mission to change an industry. They encourage employees to think differently and empower them to bring new ideas to the table. The ability to have an impact when working at Backbase is tremendous and the career opportunities are extensive as the company grows rapidly.

Cons

The Dutch culture of giving direct feedback can rub some people the wrong way if they aren't used to that style of communication.

Continue reading

"Think Globally, act Locally."

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Boise, ID

I have been working at Backbase full-time for more than a year

Pros

At Backbase you are instantly immersed into one of the fasted growing industries in technology, Financial services. There is an abundance of opportunity for both professional and personal growth working with this team and the leadership provides carefully thought out guidance to help your specific career goals. Working for a global company you'll gain new perspectives on how business is done and take your skills and knowledge to the next level while simultaneously living a high quality of life in Boise.

Cons

At Backbase, you have to have the ability to figure things out for yourself. We provide the tools, It's up to you to use them. If your not a self starter or really committed to your career and personal growth, this isn't the place for the faint of hearts. This is not a punch the clock corporate opportunity, this is for those who embrace extreme ownership and want to change an industry.

Continue reading

"Great company and values!"

Current Employee - Field Marketing Manager in Boise, ID

I have been working at Backbase full-time for more than a year

Pros

Backbase is filled with passionate and driven employees all aiming for the same goal. I love the flexible, self-starter nature of the company. When they say self-starter, they really mean it. You truly map your career and are given the tools you need to make the company and yourself successful.

Cons

It is a Dutch company so they are very direct with feedback. For some that might not be an ideal style of communication

"Global fintech company with the feel of a startup"

Current Employee - Backend Engineer

I have been working at Backbase full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the collaborative environment and the culture backbase promotes and inspires.

Cons

No bonuses or profit sharing

8. "Changing an industry"

Current Employee - Business Development in Boise, ID

I have been working at Backbase full-time for more than a year

Pros

The word 'disruptor' gets thrown around a lot in the tech space but what Backbase is bringing to the table in the digital banking industry is truly a game-changer. I have worked here for over a year and every client meeting I've been told that we are nothing like our competitors or other vendors. This helps to create a passion for your work but also brings a challenge to get people to think differently. Fun/collaborative team atmosphere in the Boise office and throughout the entire organization. Everyone is passionate about the product and the strategy we take to the market. Benefits/pay above the industry average. Promotional opportunities if you want them. Global and domestic travel opportunities.

Cons

Strong growth brings growing pains. Must possess skills to drive your own solutions to problems.

"The most rewarding job of my career!"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Boise, ID

I have been working at Backbase full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Backbase has provided me the flexibility, freedom, and opportunity to grow in more ways than I have ever expected professionally. The Backbase digital banking platform is widely regarded as the leader globally and there is a large focus from the company on the North American market. The Backbase culture is derived from our global presence and large diversity in personas who work within the company. The culture is also one that promotes each individual to use their knowledge, skills, and abilities in unique ways.

Cons

Backbase is not a place to work if you want to be comfortable and have everything handed to you. You must be of the entrepreneurial mindset who enjoys figuring out answers to challenging situations. Working in a remote office also poses unique challenges including the time zone differences with other offices.

Continue reading

"I love working for a global company with cutting edge technology and an amazing company culture!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Boise, ID

I have been working at Backbase full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wonderful work environment! Amazing products and services for our clients! Great opportunity for growth! Excellent travel perks!

Cons

None to speak of at this time.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 153 English Reviews