Backbase Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Backbase Interview Questions

Interviews at Backbase

Sort:

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Backbase.

Interview

One phone interview with Recruiting, one Skype interview with Global Head of Marketing (based in Amsterdam), three in-person interviews with Sales and the CEO. The process was efficient and transparent. Each executive was friendly but direct. I appreciated their approach and share their excitement for the opportunities ahead. They appreciated my passion for the role and we agreed it was a solid fit.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Backbase (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Wonderful. Each step of the process was easy to manage on my part. And I enjoyed interacting with each participant along the way. The process was well thought out and ended up being a fun experience. Things are moving quickly as this company ramps up in the U.S. but it does NOT feel like a start-up that doesn't know what it's doing. The people are passionate about the work and I could tell from the first phone conversation that it's work that I want to be part of.

I enjoyed interviewing here thoroughly and am happy to be joining this great company and team!

Interview Questions

• I was asked to prep a sales presentation with limited information and 80+ pre-made slides.   Answer Question

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Backbase (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone screen, several phone conversation/interviews, followed by an onsite in-person interview panel. The interview was what I would consider 'average' in questions asked and what your expectation should be going into an interview. The recruiting team was very timely in response and helpful with all questions that I had. I felt that all of the questions I asked received very honest answers and the proper expectations were set during the interview.

Interview Questions

• My interview mostly consisted of me describing my experience and how that can relate   1 Answer

Mobile Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Backbase (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Fairly standard set of interviews in the process. One short "Getting to know you" interview by phone. Then a technical assignment and review of the results. Later, a "Technical" interview by phone. Finally an in-person "Culture Fit / Role Fit" interview in Atlanta.

The technical challenge was a nice twist. For this position they assigned a small program to write. They provided clear instructions and an API to use. The assignment was appropriate for the position and fun to do.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had experience in a customer facing role.   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Backbase (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

1) Initial phone screen with Backbase HR Recruiter. 2) Technical phone interviews with domain experts. 3) Onsite 30 minute individual meetings with Management and Technical Staff. 4) Personality Profile Survey and Background Check 5) Informal Offer (phone) 6) Written formal offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most technically challenging assignment. Domain related questions on Computer Language Concepts and Syntax, Testing Techniques, and Technical Processes.   Answer Question

Delivery Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Backbase (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

I talked with both peers as well as others I would be working with in the company. I had to come in an interview on 4 different occasions but that was due to the change in the role they wanted to put me in and the travel of the person I would end up reporting too. It is a very relaxed atmosphere with some very intelligent people. I did not always know in advance who I was speaking to on that occasion so that was a bit different. This company is just building the team in the Atlanta US office so the process is maturing and I am confident it will continue to improve.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe your current role with your current employer?   Answer Question

BDM Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Backbase in January 2018.

Interview

Typical process with an added presentation. Not as easy as one would think, but not terrible. Make sure you prepare as much as possible as it will show if you don't. Watch the youtube videos and study the website/case studies and you should be good.

Interview Questions

Backbase Response

Aug 22, 2018 – Employment Branding Specialist

Thank you for your review. Our interview process is indeed challenging, but, as you noted, manageable with a good level of preparation.

Front End Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Backbase (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone screen, then an informal interview over a beer. After that, I was given a skills test to take online, and when that was completed, I was invited in for a formal in-person interview. I met with two senior developers in one session, and two senior management team members in another.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from your past startup experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was very open and honest. I told them my target, they told me theirs, and we went from there.

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Backbase (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly informal overall. I talked a lot with the recruiter leading up to the first face-to-face interview (and throughout the entire process) and he gave me a great overview of the company and what to expect. In my first interview, I met with the person I would be reporting to. We had a fairly casual conversation, rather than being peppered with questions. Since I interviewed so close to a holiday, a few of the people I needed to meet with were not in the office, so I had a second on-site interview a week later. The second round of interviews was very similar in nature to the first - informal conversation instead of formalized process (which I much preferred). They were more than happy to answer all of my questions and everyone was very nice.

Interview Questions

• What types of different methods/formats of retrospective do you employ?   Answer Question

Frontend Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Backbase (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was invited in for an interview after completing the JavaScript program test. The entire process was very laid back. At no point did I feel uncomfortable at their office.

I was greeted by the HR recruiter until my two interviewers were ready to speak. I met with two developers who went over some questions to test my coding knowledge. Lastly, I met with a senior developer to discuss my desired career path.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle explaining code to a nontechnical client?   Answer Question