Backbase Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Backbase

1. Featured Interview

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Backbase (Boise, ID).

Interview

Stop and go, they are very busy working on deals. But you can tell they really care about their culture and team dynamic.
    Management was very direct and did not hesitate to give me honest feedback.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Backbase (Atlanta, GA) in April 2020.

Interview

There were several interview calls with different levels of Backbase employees. This allowed me to understand the culture as well as how interfacing with leadership might be if I decided to work at Backbase.

Interview Questions

• One request I received was: explain your understanding of Agile vs. Scrum. This was important for my interviewer to get a sense of my level of understanding and practical experience when it comes to both Agile and Scrum.   Answer Question

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Backbase (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

A four-round interview process checking my background and skills. Including also a panel interview where I had to present a solution architecture case. Everything was remote due to Covid-19. In general all the process was very smooth, very friendly and not too formal.

Interview Questions

• How would your solution deal with scalability?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Backbase (Boise, ID) in March 2020.

Interview

Because of concerns around COVID-19, the process was largely done remote through video calls. I got the chance to chat with both hiring managers and a few members of the Boise team prior to doing a deep dive case presentation and technical interview. Everyone was very transparent, friendly, and engaged in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Account Based Selling?   Answer Question
    • Pretend we are a bank and give us a 15 minute pitch on Backbase.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Backbase (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Phone screening, two video interviews, one panel presentation. They flew me out for the presentation. The recruiters here are exceptional and really do a great job in explaining the next steps and they keep things clear so that you know what to expect. They also stay in constant communication and they want you to do well and you can tell that they are passionate about finding the right people to place in the company. Backbase DNA is huge for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about you experience. Asked about just stuff I've worked on. It was a very natural an easy conversation. It was fun because the people are so nice. The presentation was interesting because there were four-five people in the room asking questions etc so you really need to be on it and do a solid job on that.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Backbase (Atlanta, GA) in January 2020.

Interview

I completed an initial phone interview with the hiring manager and then a role specific interview with the practice manager. I was then sent a business case that I had to review and complete analysis. I had to review a list of requirements and prioritize them, create features and user stories. I then had to go onsite and present my requirements analysis as well as discuss how I would facilitate sprint refinement and sprint grooming sessions in Agile.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would facilitate run a sprint grooming session (items for sprint, considerations, attendees and roles)   1 Answer

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Backbase (Atlanta, GA) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process was 4 steps. First was an initial call with the recruitment team from Backbase. Second was an online technical assessment that nd covered java and spring concepts. Third was an professional interview with a technical manager. Finally a DNA check with a different technical manager.

The interview and working with the recruiter was a very positive experience for me.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience and background with XYZ programming languages?   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Backbase (Atlanta, GA) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process was seamless. It involved phone and Google Doc video. The questions and process was very informative and professional during each step. I was able to give feed back and learned more about Backbase than I had previously known. I was in constant communication with the recruiting team which made for less stress.

Content Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Backbase.

Interview

What a joke. I applied via glassdoor and after about 3 weeks I was contacted by a member of HR via email. We set up an appointment to have a screening call, which was then rescheduled less than 40 minutes before the call. Plus, it wasn't with the person I was meant to have the call with originally.
    I progressed to the next round which was an assignment. Fine, this is how things go.
    Where things went sideways was on the day of my final interview. I met with the woman how conducted my screening interview and the CEO. From almost the word go he was rude, dismissive, and super defensive about what I had written. He acted like by trying to come up with new text for the landing page I was asked to rewrite, I had personally insulted him. Then, in the middle of the interview, he got up and left claiming he had more meetings scheduled. I was left to finish with the woman I would be working closely with. All she could really do for the rest of the interview was apologize for the CEO's terrible behavior.
    Then the next day I got the rudest rejection email I had ever received, questioning my motives on why I applied and telling me my work was subpar. It was awful.

Interview Questions

• Why did you think you could write this better? Did you even read the landing page?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Backbase.

Interview

Great. One of the best had in the US. Sometimes you don't know what is going to happen next. The recruiter explained the entire process in the beginning. She even kept me informed throughtout the process and made herself available for any questions. The way it was explained is the way that it happened. First with her and then coding assignment. After I passed I had a technical interview on video. Had a final with a head guy also. Everyone from start to finish were nice and professional. Appeared that they liked the company a lot.

Interview Questions

• Questions about the coding assignment and about my consulting experience   1 Answer