Bancsource Reviews | Glassdoor

Mychal D. Kempt

1. Featured Review

"New hire review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Pros

Recently, I was fortunate enough to come across an opportunity to interview and compete for a management position with Bancsource. I had previously heard very positive feedback from a current employee, so I was excited to explore the business. The interview process was indicative of many of the positive things I have heard. I had the chance to speak with 5 high-level managers, including the CEO and CFO, each for an hour. They were each courteous, forth-coming and straight forward, and their business acumen was immediately apparent. The culture I could immediately sense was an open and transparent culture of clear and aligned communication from each functional leadership level I spoke with. It was also very apparent that upper leadership was not only easily accessible, but also active and hand-on with building relationships with their people on every level (front-line and up). The business structure is predominantly horizontal, lending to the quick, agile and cohesive direction leadership is moving the business in. I was also very impressed by leaderships clear vision and recognition of their core competencies and their competitive position in the FI marketplace.
    So far my experience has exceeded expectation.

Cons

It is too early in my tenure with Bancsource to have experienced any real negatives with the interview process or with my first impressions.

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Engineer in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Customer Service Engineer in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Bancsource (Less than a year)

Pros

Family atmosphere, training, hours, people

Cons

Understaffed, pay, vehicles, phones, benefits (Thanks Obama)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job. Love working for you.

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Bancsource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of Staff is helpful....Can be your own self starter

Cons

Pay is below average
    Nepotism
    They tell you one thing, and change it quickly once you're in the door

Advice to Management

Let your actions be equal to your words, less micromanaging and more true involvement in more aspects that just the financials

5. "Great to be part of the Bancsource team. Interview process was thorough and professionally done."

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Bancsource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The new CEO and all other levels of management has a vision and plan for the future which is exciting.

Cons

Name recognition seems to be only negative but can be fixed with good leadership that has a clear plan for the future.

Advice to Management

Keep working the plan for the future. If the plan is followed the results will come!

"management"

Current Employee - CPM in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - CPM in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Bancsource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company on a path for growth and prosperity. Good Benefits, Pay, and vacation package. Upward mobility and promotion opportunities are available,.

Cons

As a growing company we are sometime shorthanded which can cause stress but it is the growth of the company that is causing these issues, so overall growth is good.

Advice to Management

Service department an Sales department needs to have one overall vision and goal so the tech in the field isn't confused on what their priorities are. Cannot have mom and dad against each other because the child is the one that suffers.

7. "CSE"

Former Employee - Customer Service Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Engineer in Chicago, IL

Pros

Plenty of OT hours, business car

Cons

Low pay, a lot of driving

Advice to Management

Invest more in your CSE

"Lots of independence with little support."

Current Employee - Field Engineer
    Current Employee - Field Engineer

Pros

Able to make your own schedule with customers. You will quickly gain a vast amount of experience with a variety of different machinery, a great resume builder. Everyday presents a different challenge. You granted quite a bit of autonomy to get your work done, no micromanagement. Management is very helpful in giving you insightful knowledge if you can get in contact with them.

Cons

First, the lack of training. There have been plenty of times where I've been placed in situations where I had to deal with machinery where I had zero hours of training on. It's really stressful when you have a customer watching you trying to figure out how to open a machine for the first time.

Also I am all alone in my territory, I've been all alone ever since I started this job, when I am in situations where I absolutely need assistance either because of a lack or training or because I have too many assignments for one person to complete, well I am on my own. Also because I am alone I am always on call, 7 days a week, every weekend, every holiday. I basically have to get permission to have a weekend like a normal person. And for me to get that permission someone needs to take over my territory. Unfortunately, my company had the bright idea not to train others on some of the machines I fix. And because of that I couldn't take a vacation, or at times when I do get days off and said equipment breaks down,those jobs will not get done until I come back, leaving me with potential customer backlash. So no weekend and no vacation. What would happen if I get a serious illness I wonder?

Also I was promised a raise this year, so far no one has gotten one yet and it's already May.

And last but not least the driving distance of some of your jobs. You may drive, A LOT. A few of my jobs I drive 5 hours round trip. If the issue is not something you can correct immediately that's guaranteed overtime (could be a pro depending on how you look at it). However, the issue comes in when you need to go to a remote customer and a customer back home in the same day. Because I have no partners this has caused some unhappy clients in my region.

Last but not least it can be extremely hard to get in contact with management at times. And now, it seems to be much worse with the restructuring of different management positions. They seem to be super busy. If I come across an issue or need advice of tackling a situation, like I emphasize before, I am all alone.

Bancsource Response

Jun 10, 2016 – HR DIRECTOR

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear your training experience was not what we expect for our Technicians. Bancsource has 7 – Product Support Managers, dedicated to training our ... More

"Onboarding and company persective"

Current Employee - Regional Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Manager

Pros

Visionary Leadership
    Proactive vs. Reactive approaches to change
    Communication to associates
    Opportunities for Growth

Cons

None at the present time.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on current initiatives to develop personnel and on customer satisfaction.

Bancsource Response

Apr 14, 2016 – HR DIRECTOR

Thank you for your advice to management. All excellent points we will continue to work on for improvement! With regards to the customer satisfaction, we are excited to have recently rolled out ... More

10. "Inside-Out Sales Program"

Current Employee - Inside-Out Sales Program in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Inside-Out Sales Program in Springfield, MO

Pros

The people at Bancsource make it a special place to work at.

Cons

There are no downsides to working at Bancsource. They create a great environment to work in and be successful.

"Great employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Bancsource full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Under new management, we're going in the right direction.

Cons

Old management left us with a lot of room for improvement.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you're doing.