Bancsource Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Bancsource President and Chief Executive Officer Mychal D. Kempt
Mychal D. Kempt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company is going through a transition but appears to be on the path for success and longevity" (in 2 reviews)

• "Great job, great employees, lots of pro level staff in the field, lots of cool stuff to work on" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay, lack of communications amongst management and employees, and too much work with too little help among the rank and file" (in 4 reviews)

• "Tech support was not helpful they will get mad with you over the phone and leave you figuring out thing on your own" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Team Player in Corporate office"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Bancsource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Turning it completely around! Customers are the priority and it is a dedicated team effort from the point of sale and support from the ground up! Great employees driving results, great working atmosphere!

Cons

All companies have cons, but comparatively, this is a great place to work, very supportive.

Advice to Management

Keep up the drive for success!

2. "Field service tech"

Current Employee - Field Tech in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Field Tech in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Bancsource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great job, great employees, lots of pro level staff in the field, lots of cool stuff to work on.

Cons

we need more work, we need more calls, where are the sales people?

Advice to Management

get some sales people to get us more work. we have a great core group of employees at the moment but we dont have the call volume needed to sustain our selves. techs despite best efforts are not good at selling products or service in the field.

3. "Alright Company With Decent Administration"

I worked at Bancsource full-time

Pros

Good opportunity to travel and learn

Cons

Pay could be higher. Not a lot of training time.

4. "Success is not a straight line"

Current Employee - CSE
    Current Employee - CSE

I have been working at Bancsource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You will meet some of the most open, motivated, committed and reliable people in this company.
    In the lat 4 years of my time it has gone from being run by a "absentee landlord" to being stewarded by a team of motivated people who care for its long term success.
    Product support for these years has, til recently, been much better than some other reviewers would let you believe. Support is available to you when you work - early, late, whenever - you can find someone to help with your problems (and it is meaningful help).
    There is a real sense that the company has moved forward in the last few years, and that this is the trend. .

Cons

You may also meet some people who were not chosen wisely. This is a problem at most businesses - some times supply of candidates requires making a choice and we need the help.
    It can appear at times that the company does not care for employees. It hurts, especially when the people let go actually provided a service the field level employees needed. The interim solutions are not working, and it creates, as shown in these reviews, a sense that the company is in peril or should be avoided.
    Pay - its comparable to similar jobs in most places. Remuneration and raises have improved since the transition too. Benefits structure has improved. This is listed in Con - the note above about a meritocracy is true.

Advice to Management

Parts has been solved. Thank you.
    Product support - Techs are willing to help each other, but recognition or reward for being defacto support beyond "Its what you should do" would go a long way.
    Structured Growth - Tier 2 and Tier 3 need to be clearly outlined, and clearly rewarded.

"Do Not Apply - Company has bad financial stability and management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Bancsource full-time

Pros

No pros as this company is going downhill fast

Cons

It starts at the top. Poor management in all departments. Financial stability is in the hole. lots of promises but nothing gets done. Over worked people

Advice to Management

Get the people that have their own agenda out of there. If the company is to servive then those people that are stuck in their ways and don’t want to change for the better of the company then they need to leave.

"Failing"

I worked at Bancsource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No one cares what you do

Cons

Low pay and overworked. No training.

Advice to Management

Get new management

"I dreaded getting out of bed in the morning"

I worked at Bancsource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's better than McDonald's (not by much) but better

Cons

Where to begin? Over worked, under paid; might sound like a cliche but in the case of Bancsource, it fits like a glove. Employees are nickled and dimed to death. 45 minutes to and from your first and last job doesn't count on your time card, they expect you to keep your company car clean for $7.00 a month (who can do that), expect you to house and store it but refuse to let you drive it outside of business hours. High turnover rate (people are quitting this company in droves!) In fact, America's energy problems could be solved by installing a revolving door to the main office in Springfield and hooking a generator to it.

Advice to Management

No amount of advice will be given on this review as it's all been said before and you have done NOTHING to heed anyone's input. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Working here is insanity.

"Was great at one point"

Pros

Company car
    old laptops
    90's flip phone

Cons

The company was great at one point but started to sink the ship. Some of the training was a Joke most likely you will trained your self out in the field. Tech support was not helpful they will get mad with you over the phone and leave you figuring out thing on your own. To many calls and not to many techs to cover the area needed to drive all over to get calls done. The team I was in was only 6 to cover 3 states dont make any senses. Pay was a joke no raise until company got bough out and the ex Diebold family came in raise was another joke 2% after many years working a slap on your face. Many technician left the company and work with competitor. Management is terrible and out of sync our parts department is worse "well we dont have a part department any more" all our parts are manage by ACG our customers are upset we not getting part to them. Lost many account due to our lack to deliver while our competitor are getting our customers. What a joke. On call is ridicules out here you get pay pennies to be on call for the entire day.

Advice to Management

help out the area get thing resolved.
    Pay increase
    Better managers

"Low pay and overworked"

Pros

Some of the people. The office is decent and clean.

Cons

Everything else....they don't pay well but expect alot. Lots of politics and back stabbing. They will cut you loose and not give it a thought regardless of your performance.

"Customer Service out the window."

Pros

None I can think of..

Cons

Best described as a 'Joke' for a service company.