Barcodes Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Dan Nettesheim

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people across the board - everyone is very knowledgeable and helpful (in 6 reviews)

• Frequently catered lunches, happy hours and office events really make for a cool and fun environment (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Insanely high turnover across all departments (in 8 reviews)

• When someone leaves, any accounts worth value are given to the reps who already have an established book of business (in 4 reviews)

"Good for starter sales job"

I have been working at Barcodes Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Base salary and training is good

Cons

Sitting in a cubicle for 8 hours straight

Advice to Management

Need to stop hiring new account managers and just focus on allowing sales reps to grow their book of business

"Blind Leading the Blind"

I have been working at Barcodes Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with. Good place to start if you are new to sales. Good training. Beer Friday’s once a month. They offer quite a few corporate events that are fun.

Cons

You’re asked to create something out of nothing. You get a bunch of dead accounts. When someone leaves, any accounts worth value are given to the reps who already have an established book of business. It’s not how hard you work, it’s who’s fanny gets kissed the most. Never seen an annual review once. No annual raises ever given. No opportunity to take inbound calls now, but we continue to be fed lies in regards to all these leads that we’re going to be distributed. Managers do nothing to help when you express your concerns. Similar to talking to a deaf person. Moral is low, but it’s kept secret out of fear of getting fired. No opportunity for advancement. Just some title changes, that offer a higher commission, which defeats the purpose if you get no new leads.

Advice to Management

Try giving everyone an opportunity to succeed. All you do is feed your, “ key accounts people” Quit using a one size fits all concept for sales concepts. It doesn’t work. Maybe you can figure out, ones person strength, can be another persons weaknsess. Quit assuming.

"Harrasment is tolerated here"

I have been working at Barcodes Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like all the other honest reviews on here, the only pro is that you work with really cool people. Everyone really comes together and becomes close when you all despise the company together.

Cons

Lets start with the title. Harassment is tolerated here. You go to HR because they "take these cases very seriously" and they meet with you several times, and "do some digging" just to tell you that "YOUR CLAIMS HAVE BEEN SUBSTANTIATED" and then nothing is done. Several different people have complained about harassment, and THEY are no longer with the company or have been asked to moved teams to accommodate this manager. They will fire sales people for far less. its sad because they are too lazy to keep trying to find managers because the turn over is so high.

The pay is horrible. Unless you are coming from our biggest competitor down the street, dont work here. They have you set up on a pay scale, and as you get "promoted" (everyone considers it a demotion) they give you far less commission if you have an off month. Its not even livable, unless you live with your parents. I was making more money at my first job out of college. By a lot.

The micro managing is ridiculous. There are reviews on here that say they let you run your book of business how you want. Are you kidding me? Stop writing these reviews HR.

Any review that is 3 stars or above is HR. You really think the only complaint people have here is our slow CRM systems? That is the LEAST of everyone concerns.

Finally, the upper management tells the sales managers to tell tell their teams "the accounts in your name are not your accounts, they are Barcodes accounts and we can take them whenever wed like" These are accounts we worked for a some even cold called. I read a review where someone said you need us more than we need you and that is 100% true. But go ahead, keep on with that mind set, the entire sales teams is thrilled that you treat us that way.

Also several people at the company are currently interviewing. Several recruiters we have talked to ask " i have spoken to several people from barcodes in the past few weeks, whats going on over there??" I have heard this from more than a handful of current and former employees.

Advice to Management

Stop doing everything you are currently doing.

Oct 16, 2017 – VP, People

We do not tolerate harassment at the company. All colleagues, including management, complete a training course on how to prevent workplace harassment. Team members are encouraged to notify leadership... More

"Awful micro managing"

I have been working at Barcodes Inc full-time

Pros

This is an entry level sales job you can find anywhere. The pro's are limited. There is free coffee.

Cons

The managers constantly breathe down your neck, come looking for you when you are not at your desk dialing, and treat everyone the same no matter how good they are at their job. It is classic micro managed sales and everyone hates it.

Advice to Management

Your talent is more valuable than your company. You need us more than we need you. This is not an opinion. Selling cheap barcode equipment is the easiest job to find in the world. We are all exploring other options, even with competitors, and recruiters always feel bad for us when we describe this micro managed work environment.

Oct 16, 2017 – VP, People

Our goal is to support Account Managers with growing their business and professional career to realize the benefits of a growing company. We have invested in and supported the development of more... More

"cluster-F"

I have been working at Barcodes Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

teammates to agonize with during days. decent money if still living at home

Cons

upper management is really clueless and wings things day to day. constant chaos and confusion on everything.

Advice to Management

read children's books on basics of being organized. this is a good place to start. the disorganization in upper management is beyond repair. no, it's not growing pains that can be found at any 20 year old company, stop lying

Aug 23, 2017 – VP, People

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, we appreciate your feedback. We’re working hard to create a company and culture where people feel valued and are empowered to succeed and grow. We’ll... More

"Account Manager"

I have been working at Barcodes Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training, fun culture and atmosphere. There's no cap to how much you can make at Barcodes Inc and Managers are always willing to help you figure out how to make more. We sell products people not only need put will eventually need to replace. No cold calling, all warm leads. There is always a contest going on and it's not uncommon to win prizes like an Ipad, Chrome notebook or straight cash. There is a training every week that almost always includes lunch. There is community outreach, and great company events.

Cons

This company is growing fast so there are growing pains. Systems can run a bit slow at times.

Advice to Management

There were some things that use to take place at Barcodes Inc, like top 10 lunches, lunch with the CEO, and the feedback forum. It would be nice to see something like that come back. I think it was something that was viewed positively by most of the sales staff.

"Sales"

I have been working at Barcodes Inc full-time

Pros

Great people across the board - everyone is very knowledgeable and helpful.
    Lots of freedom to run your book of business the way you want to.
    Really taking great steps to streamline systems and processes and make it easier to sell.
    Open to new ideas and trying new things.
    Huge product list with lots of opportunity to be successful.

Cons

Some outdated systems still exist, in the process of updating and changing.

Advice to Management

On the right track - keep doing what you're doing and improving the processes to make selling easier for account managers.

"Sales Company that Continues to Grow"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Barcodes Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sales Rep friendly commission structure that allows for immediate success and high end earnings.
    Fun place to work with a great environment - Team and company events, casual dress code, collaboration among departments.
    Career path that allows you to choose the direction in which you would like to advance.
    Consistent warm leads through multiple sources. Allows Sales Reps to build a strong book of business.

Cons

Some internal systems are outdated and need to be upgraded. That is currently being addressed and new systems should be in place by end of 2016.

Advice to Management

Continue to make the right decision on hiring and growing the company.

"Tech company with positive growth"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Barcodes Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You have a lot of ownership of the direction of your own business here.
    Lucrative commission structure for people that work hard and work smart (uncapped).
    Plenty of warm leads generated from SEO.
    Ongoing training.
    Fellow reps and managers willing to help you regardless what level you are at.
    New ERP and CRM system being implemented this year.
    The ability to make suggestions and influence my career.
    Casual dress code if that is something that important to you.

Cons

A lot of ownership of my own book. Having too much control can feel overwhelming at times and can distract me from selling.
    New ERP and CRM system is creating a bit of drag as implementation happens but will likely smooth out in 2017.
    Base pay for sales isn't great, but with hard work and self-development the commission structure can more than make up for this.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve internal processes with departments and software to maximize everyone's abilities.

"GREAT COMPANY WITH A BRIGHT FUTURE!!!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Barcodes Inc (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking to work hard and make good money, this is the place for you! It truly is a place where you get back what you put in. There is an aggressive, uncapped commission structure which can net you some big paychecks! The culture at BCI is great. There are a lot of very nice and knowledgeable people who can help you become successful. Management is very focused on the success of their sales reps and are great coaches! Frequently catered lunches, happy hours and office events really make for a cool and fun environment.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is the current CRM system but that is being upgraded right now!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!