Behavioral Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Behavioral Healthcare Reviews

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Shelly Spalding

"Progressive Company that Cares about their Employees"

Current Employee - Peer Bridger in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Peer Bridger in Denver, CO

I have been working at Behavioral Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a company that puts an emphasis on career growth and implementing new ideas. I have never worked for a company that walks the walk like BHI. They promote self-care, customer service and operational efficiency. One of the things I like best about BHI is they reinvest in their employees through trainings (you will grow here). They have managed to create a culture of support second to none. The CEO met with me one on one just to get to know me. Every level of management has a open door policy. The focus is on the team working together to achieve a common goal of success for our members. I heard a statistic one time that 80% of the American workers are unhappy with their job. I am happy to be counted in the 20% that have a passion for what they do. Joining the BHI team is one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Cons

The company is growing so fast that sometimes you find yourself in uncharted territories. You have to be willing to forge new and different ways of doing things. This means stepping outside of your comfort zone at times. Having been micro-managed in the past, this took some adjustment on my part.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Continue to grow the company and provide the amazing opportunities that will make the company greater than it already is. My biggest advice is to keep the company culture as the company grows. As healthcare changes adapt and adjust in a way that keeps people wanting to go above and beyond in a way that contributes to the overall success at BHI.

2. "Dedicated and qualified team members but a need for more autonomy"

Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Behavioral Healthcare (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits package, shared agency mission, dedicated and qualified team members.

Cons

Depending on the department and the manager within the department, my experience was wanting upper management to provide stronger advocacy for employees' autonomy and provide support towards more trusting relationships between direct-management and staff. Also, being an hourly employee meant very strict time requirements with your weekly schedule; with an expectation of clocking in at exact times and not being over or under 40 hours per week. I didn't foresee any opportunities for growth within the company.

Advice to Management

Avoid micromanaging and allow more flexibility and trust with staff.

3. "Peer Support Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Behavioral Healthcare full-time

Pros

Excellent supervision, great training, trauma informed care approach

Cons

low wage for the position

5. "A Company Worth a Look!"

Current Employee - Peer Support Specialist in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Peer Support Specialist in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Behavioral Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Before taking my position at BHI, I was an entrepreneur for 9 years. I was nervous about working in a large company after all of the freedom I had owning my own business. I took a chance on BHI not only because of their attitude toward changing mental health for the better and eliminating stigma, but because of the forward thinking insight into the industry. .
    I have been with BHI for almost a year now and can say without hesitation that it was one of my best career moves. BHI encourages growth as a professional as well as an individual. They succeed in this by their thoughtful decisions on hiring management and employees.
    My direct supervisors have given me the opportunity and freedom to foster creativity and take positive risks in my position. BHI has always made me feel like an important and valued member of the team.
    If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of something that is doing innovative work in mental health, work in a supportive environment where employees strengths are celebrated, and where our weaknesses are built on and strengthened then I would highly recommend considering BHI.

Cons

As a non-profit, BHI is not as competitive in pay as a for-profit may be, however the benefits are superb and the working environment and colleagues make it worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring passionate people!

6. "Great working evironment"

I have been working at Behavioral Healthcare part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working environment at BHI is great. Caring managers and executive team. Passionate employees about the companies mission. Benefits are awesome. Benefits for part-time employees. Generous PTO program. Paid medical, dental, life insurance, and long-term care insurance.

Cons

Similar to other non-profit companies, Behavioral Healthcare, Inc. pay is lower than the local market. To compensate, the company offers excellent benefits.

7. "Good Company, Needs a Little Work"

Pros

Great benefits, good CEO, company truly cares about its members (Medicaid recipients), great staff

Cons

Lower pay than some other nonprofits, lots of turnover lately

Behavioral Healthcare Response

Jun 11, 2015 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for the four-star review! BHI certainly endeavors to be a great place work. BHI has undergone a transformation over the past couple of years to meet change in the industry and significant ... More