BerkleyNet Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 17, 2017

3.7
Jim Gilbert

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great for Experience!"

Current Employee - Virginia in Woodbridge, VA
    Current Employee - Virginia in Woodbridge, VA

I have been working at BerkleyNet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like working here because I get to work cross-functionally with a bunch of different departments. I am getting experience in fields I never thought I would have. There is a young, laid-back, casual-feeling environment, and I like my coworkers. Management places more emphasis on value than cost so they are generally willing to take a risk if you have an idea that could better the company.

Cons

Growth is currently limited, but the company is getting much bigger, so I see this as an opportunity. Hopefully more job opportunities will open up as a result.

Advice to Management

As we grow, make sure to continue putting emphasis on our small-company feel.

2. "Claims Representative"

I have been working at BerkleyNet full-time

Pros

Great young working environment; Employees are generally laid back and cheerful despite work pressure

Cons

BerkleyNet at times may think they are one of the top Berkley companies thinking they can accept all challenges. They certainly can but need more staff members to keep up with the workflow

3. "Claim Supervisor"

Former Employee - Claims Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Claims Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at BerkleyNet (More than 10 years)

Pros

Relaxed office structure. Good health benefits and vacation days. Good teamwork among the staff in Minneapolis. Multiple opportunities for advancement .

Cons

Poor communication with staff. Implemented too many processes or eliminated processes without evaluating and preparing for the consequences of these actions.

Advice to Management

Improvement in communication. Evaluate the consequences of changes in procedures before implementing them. Seek advice from existing staff and supervisors.

4. "Great place to work!!"

I have been working at BerkleyNet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture - everyone works hard and enjoys the people they work with. Strong focus on performance - people are recognized and rewarded for it and positions of leadership are generally filled internally with talent. Benefits are great - they even offer gym reimbursement! The organization is very transparent about their results and communication overall is very good.

Cons

None - I thoroughly enjoy working here.

Advice to Management

As we grow, we need to make sure we keep the communication flowing.

"Claims Administrator"

Pros

The company provides more free lunches than I knew what to do with. Music is playing all the time. There company meetings that explained where the company was going and where it had come from. I did find those interesting although I would have preferred if they would not have used industry terminology or at least had a cheat sheet with terminology on it.

Cons

There is a 20% retention rate. They would brag about employees and how proud they were to have them employed there and the fire them. Then there was no notification to the rest of the company that that person was gone. You found out about it through the grapevine. It's sad, this could be a really great company to work for with a lot of potential.

Advice to Management

Don't act like this company is the best place to work because it wasn't. Employees are scared to death that they will be fired next for the slightest infraction. Don't have everybody in the company interview the prospective employees. They all ask the same basic questions and it becomes redundant.

6. "Geat"

Current Employee - Claims Representative
    Current Employee - Claims Representative

Pros

Great people, friendly! Everybody works together, great environment.

Cons

Not a lot of growth opportunities.