BevMo! Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 23, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Dimitri Haloulos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Discount on alcohol, wine and beer tasting, generally nice people to work with (in 24 reviews)

• Bevmo allows you the opportunity to learn a lot about different types of alcohol (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • There's not a lot of room to move past part time (in 28 reviews)

• Unless you are full-time management, the job is not meant to be a career you can live off of (in 21 reviews)

"Good job if you are just looking for part the me work."

Current Employee - Head Clerk in Glendora, CA
    Current Employee - Head Clerk in Glendora, CA

I have been working at BevMo! part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discount on products. Flexible schedules. Short shifts allows employees to work other jobs as well. If you enjoys alcohol, this is a fun place to work.

Cons

Not many full time opportunities. Corporate expects a lot from the stores even though hours get cut. Hours are hard to come by. When starting out it is usually 8-9 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Open up more hours to employees and open up more full time opportunities.

"Sales Associate"

Pros

The people are amazing! They really get to know you and are like family.

Cons

The scheduling was only weekly, hard to plan a life

3. "Job aspect"

I worked at BevMo! part-time

Pros

Gain great customer service and product knowledge

Cons

No real room to grow and advance

4. "BevMo!"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at BevMo! full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fun, fast paced, you get to talk about booze. Discounts.

Cons

Constantly changing who they are makes for chaotic service. No true ability to promote from with beyond certain levels.

Advice to Management

Figure out who the company is and stop rebranding every new executive leads change out. Value the internal talent and promote them or you will continue to have high turnover.

"Good employer, bad employees"

Former Employee - Cashier in Upland, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Upland, CA

I worked at BevMo! part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a great place with an adult atmosphere, you learn a lot about different forms of liquor, and good employee discount and benefits.

Cons

The employees they hire are terrible below the general manager level. No one is willing to help with anything, other employees are always talking bad about newbies to the managers to get the newbie fired, so that they won't lose their job because of their laziness. The lower managers couldn't teach a dog to sit if they tried.

Advice to Management

Please do more in depth reviews of employees via security cameras. The employees will say or do anything to keep their jobs when you are there, but when you aren't there the lower managers will literally just stand or walk around doing nothing for hours, and a lot of long time lower employees are cruel and will do anything they can to make a newbie look bad.

"Lacking integrity, concern, and insight."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at BevMo! full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My in-store management was absolutely fantastic.

Cons

Where to begin...
    - Upper management fails to follow through on promises. In the outlier case they do, it's a minimal-effort attempt.
    - Upper management failed to reimburse associate for a certification after a year of inquiry and no responses.
    - No opportunities to learn about the products the store is selling outside of the bi-annual store meeting. That is, unless you want to use your sweet 10% employee discount on a product.

Advice to Management

I don't believe anyone above the store level actually cares about your Washington stores. Empty promises that your employees might believe for a year until they realize there's no accountability to follow through. There is so much potential to grow, but somehow, every single opportunity seems squandered or lost with each employee turnover in upper management. Just because a product sells well in California doesn't mean it will sell well here, so perhaps stop forcing it. Fix the disconnect between California and Washington, or at least act like Washington is more than moderately important. As far as I know, there's no reliable liaison to represent Washington appropriately in Concord. Please do more to educate your store-level staff. There is a very steep learning curve, and very little opportunity to learn. We used to get opportunities to go to industry tastings, but that's become extremely rare. We are asked daily what _____ product tastes like, but without any real opportunity to experience it for ourselves. That is, unless we want to buy it ourselves with that massive 10% employee discount. I got better prices using the coupons from my wife's Club Bev account than my own employee discount! At least give your employees a reason to shop at the store in which they work.

"It's not as good as you think"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I worked at BevMo! full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people that work there. But the two good managers quit.

Cons

Low pay. You get maybe 12 hours per week. The company wants you to be an expert but gives you no training. Company doesn't give raises and does not promote from within.

Advice to Management

Be nice to theses low payed people

"Lack of integrity"

I worked at BevMo! full-time

Pros

There wasn't really a positive to talk about, there are better environments, more money, more prestige, a better resume builder in The bigger cities, work here because you have to work in concord

Cons

Lack of integrity and basic organization at corporate. I didn't really mind the backstabbing, espionage, lying, and undermining. I did kind of get irked with being told I worked too hard, or that we should lie rather then fix things.

What I care about is that at the head of the company, the corporate culture was either so evil and poisoned or so incompetent, that they never returned the personal things from my desk.

Will always have a bad taste about that, even if I ended up in a better position, the principle of it makes me a little sick

Advice to Management

The CEO is military, he should have a good idea how to do a major overhaul in a unit with an attitude issue

9. "Bevmologist"

I have been working at BevMo! part-time

Pros

Fun Environment, Okay pay, learn a lot about the alcohol biz.

Cons

Some stores can't afford to fire their lazy head clerks, so the underpaid workers have to work harder.

Advice to Management

Fix the incompetence of the store workers.

10. "Not a fun place."

Former Employee - Head Clerk
    Former Employee - Head Clerk

I worked at BevMo! (More than a year)

Pros

You are working in the wine, spirits, and beer industry.

Cons

Less than 24 hours notice of schedules. You don't get the hours you are promised. Not enough staff to perform duties.