BioSpectra Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

"It's a pirates life"

Former Employee - Chemical Operator in Bangor, PA
    Former Employee - Chemical Operator in Bangor, PA

I worked at BioSpectra (Less than a year)

Pros

Company that has a good potential future

Cons

Cut throat operations, they hire people that have never worked in the pharmaceutical industry give them sub par training and at first sign of you not understanding what you are doing they cut you at the knees and send you packing.

Advice to Management

Something the company needs to work on is a better training program and a sense of comradery. Everybody is afraid of losing their jobs that they will throw anybody under the bus if they think it will prolong their career there.

"Supervisor"

Former Employee - Operator/ShiftLead in Bangor, PA
    Former Employee - Operator/ShiftLead in Bangor, PA

I worked at BioSpectra full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pro's working for this company. You fear for your job every time you clock in.

Cons

HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK, watched 15 of my fellow employees get fired for no reason at all.

Advice to Management

There is a single owner, beware, he controls EVERYTHING. Everyone from The head of maintenance to the head of Quality Assurance to the head of Qualty Control. If you cross his path, even in the least, you will be fired. I had 3 different Production Manager's, everyone went as fast as they came. He loves his "power" over his employees. When I worked there (10 months) it took an act of Congress to actually produce, i.e.: make something. Every manager had their hand in the pot, and everyday the production department was given contradictions as to instructions for the job and training. A very hap-hazard computing work for.

"Poor Managment"

Current Employee - Chemical Operator in Bangor, PA
    Current Employee - Chemical Operator in Bangor, PA

I have been working at BioSpectra (Less than a year)

Pros

Making friends with my former employees

Cons

This is probably the worst company I have ever worked for. Nothing is in order, they fire you for absolutely no reason given, they keep the ones that mess up more frequently then the ones who don't. Your job is at risk everyday because they are always making impulse decisions. Managment has not one clue as to what they are doing with the exception of a few. Words can't express how shady and careless they treat their employees and nothing will ever change

Advice to Management

You are with your co workers more than you are your own family. We are suppose to work together and not throw people under the bus or make them feel worthless. It seems you guys don't practice what you prefect when it comes to your slogan "never set your family up for failure". Stop stressing out your employers and make them feel wanted and needed. Job longevity is not where it's at with this place. One harmful mistake and your on the chopping block.

"Decent health insurance not so decent job"

Former Employee - Chemist II in Stroudsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Chemist II in Stroudsburg, PA

I worked at BioSpectra full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent health insurance. After 90 day review, you get certain holidays off that are paid. Opportunity for overtime as long as someone else was working with you. At the location I worked at, they had a gym with a trainer which was really cool.

Cons

Let me start by saying that I was let go for reasons I'm still not sure about. At that time, they got rid of at least 3 people before me and a few after

Loyalty means absolutely nothing to them. Communication between upper management and other employees really needed work.
    When first starting, you only get 5 vacation days (at least that's what it was when I worked there as an hourly employee).
    The work is very easy because everything is written out step by step, but the work was also very repetitive. The work was also extremely inconsistent. Sometimes you have more work than you know what to do with, and other times I was begging for work since there was nothing to do.

The owner was VERY rude. Don't try and make small talk with him because he didn't want any part of it- and while he drove off in his Bentley, I was making 3 dollars more than I made as a cashier- and I have a degree in chemistry.

I can't speak for others, I just know I was not happy there. I thought because I was working in the chemistry field, that that would be enough and it wasn't.

Advice to Management

Make communication between upper management and employees easier and somehow make the environment more welcoming.

"No thanks."

Former Employee - Chemist in Stroudsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Chemist in Stroudsburg, PA

I worked at BioSpectra full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Did what I went to school for

Cons

I was really disappointed in this job. There were a tremendous amount of cuts going on at the time and because of that no one focused on their job duties. Management wasn't helpful and questions weren't welcomed at all.

BioSpectra Response

Oct 15, 2014 – Human Resources Manager

We have not had any cuts as far as reducing staff for more than 7 years. We have in fact more than doubled our staff in the last 4 years. We've had many people move up quickly and be very ... More

7. "Assistant Accountant"

Pros

Good working environment
    Boss is very helpful

Cons

The team is small??? For me it is not a problem

"Do Not Work Here Ever"

I worked at BioSpectra full-time

Pros

To be honest there were basically no pros to working here. If you have a choice do not work here.

Cons

This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for or known. I've been around or in the pharmaceutical company for years and seen start ups to large international companies. They are extremely disorganized, their procedures are not consistent, they pick and chose which out of specification they are going to investigate, management has absolutely no idea what they are doing (probably because they are extremely young and inexperienced). Everyone fears for their job and they make it known that if you make a mistake that you will be fired, but they aren't consistent in their "punishment" for mistakes. It seems like the more major the mistake the more they try and cover it up, but if you make a minor mistake you will be crucified. They claim to be a GMP company, but their procedures aren't written correctly so if you follow them you will be wrong and they'll tell you to just look at what someone did previously, but if you make a transcription error it's the end of the world. Also, if you find mistakes that were made in the passed be aware that they will crucify you for that and do anything to get rid of you if you know too much and question what's going on. Not to mention the pay is insanely low. I've also heard that they paid an intern that was a freshman in college more than some of the people that they had in their lab. I would definitely not recommend working here. I honestly have no idea how they are FDA approved. They are not concerned about getting to the bottom of some of the issues in the lab or production they are more concerned with pointing a finger at someone.

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap and actually hire someone in management that has experience and is professional. If you treat your employees well they will want to work more for you. Having someone who has no prior experience being in management and doesn't have any experience other than working at your company for less than a year become a manager of a GMP regulated lab is just asking for a disaster. The company could potentially do really well if they actually cared about their employees and the work that they were doing. What a shame.

"Stressful and confusing"

I worked at BioSpectra full-time

Pros

Locally competitive pay, convenient hours

Cons

Stressful environment, no team-support, confusing communication from supervisors, minimal professionalism, revolving door of new employees, "mandatory" overtime culture

BioSpectra Response

Oct 15, 2014 – Human Resources Manager

Depending on the department and the position there is required OT. Our production department does work 12 hour shifts so there is some overtime involved. Our lab at times also requires OT when ... More