KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture, Great Product

Jan 13, 2022 - Account Executive in Haifa
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have the three Ps--People, Pay, and Product -People: everyone is extremely friendly, and Bitrise puts culture at the forefront. The company actually cares about its employees which is extremely rare. This is not an "employees have complaints so we got a new snack in the kitchen instead of actually caring" type place. -Pay: paying well is actually part of their policy. Good pay is part of good culture -Product: a great tool that's going to continue to have rapid adoption. It's easy enough to use that even AEs can easily demo it. This also means there are quite a few inbound leads which is refreshing for those that have been primarily outbound. Leadership is also fantastic--they have a strong vision that will continue to be successful, and they're also very collaborative. No micromanagement and take employee feedback to heart on different ways to make the company the best it can be.

Cons

They're moving 100 miles a minute because of the success they're having, but with that there are side effects. 1. Processes. They're messy and constantly changing. This is a work in progress though, so it won't be this way forever. 2. You definitely need to be available all the time. Normal in sales, especially when working with customers, but it's common here to get slacks from 6am to 11pm, Saturdays and Sundays. Not highly unusual, and the job is worth it, it's just a guaranteed workflow that you'll have. The pro here though is if you need someone in the off hours, you'll most likely get a response quickly. These cons are not to tell people to avoid Bitrise, I highly recommend anyone to work here

2. 5.0

Strongly recommend

May 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

fast-paced, team-oriented with outstanding management team

Cons

work-life balance can be a challenge

3. 5.0

Exciting and motivating

Dec 4, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bitrise as at the cusp of hyper growth which makes every single day an exciting challenge. You’re engaged, motivated, and feel involved in the day to day while also having ownership over your success.

Cons

It’s an extremely fast paced environment so you have to crave iteration and challenge.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing company that is growing

Oct 28, 2020 - Customer Success Team
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is incredible and the Bitrise leadership team extremely transparent/open. They challenge the normal way of thinking and empower the team to try new things while valuing everyone's ideas.

Cons

None... keep doing what you are doing!

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Employee-first and fast growing company

Dec 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You are able to be a part of the company from Day 1.

Cons

I don’t think there is a cons

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great company to work for

Sep 14, 2021 - Anonymous in Amsterdam
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great place where you can try your ideas, express your thoughts and feelings. They listen to it and try to act on them as well. I really like the atmosphere and the colleagues, they are not only smart but also kind and helpful. The culture is great!

Cons

I can't share any cons.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

recommended

Aug 2, 2021 - Sales in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

work atmosphere is great :)

Cons

nothing to complain about :)

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

The worst type of enterprise acting as a cool startup

May 20, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary and other perks are quite good

Cons

It's hard to summarize how disappointed I was when I realized that Bitrise is nothing more than a polished startup that's more like an enterprise with a lot of opportunistic managers, committees, cargo-cult scrum and multiple levels of micromanagement. - Engineers are hired without any strategy: if you are coming from a "well-known" company, you'll be hired, it doesn't matter that you don't know about Ruby or Go that Bitrise mostly uses in its systems. - Go is the desired language to implement new things, but actually very few engineers know about it (you don't have to know it to get hired!), so the results of these green-field developments are mostly chaotic. - There are almost as many managers and VPs as engineers, and you have to get an approval for everything you want to do, except the very tiny bugfixes. You have to create a PoC and an RFC, then almost everybody in the engineering should be aboard with your idea. A lot of great initiatives has been postponed or simply cancelled by this bureaucracy.

6 people found this review helpful

Bitrise Response

Employer Brand Strategist

We're really sorry to hear that your Bitrise journey did not turn out as you expected it. As much as we understand your feelings, we would really love to throw our two cents in. Autonomy is a key part of our culture, we value and embrace it. What makes our team successful is owning and solving problems and you are allowed to screw up. Because we are doing an uncharted path, so our biggest motivation is learning and experimenting: fail, iterate, rise, repeat… Creating scalable processes and solutions are absolutely necessary for us to move forward at even higher speed. Our middle management enables us to hire, retain and develop talented professionals, no matter what background they came from. We believe in people, collaboration and honest feedback. Thank you for being with us and lots of success for the future!

9. 5.0

Great caring company

May 10, 2021 - Lead Researcher in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Business Outlook

Pros

Independence, interesting area, company culture

Cons

Fast-growing company, start-up background, engineering heavy product

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Strap in and hold on tight

Mar 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Rapid growth in a company that's carving out a new category. Not by making people want things, but by making something people want. Amazing place to rapidly learn and grow, and supercharge your career

Cons

Change comes often and it comes quick. Inherent to the type of company, really, but still definitely not suited for everyone. 4/5 for diversity and inclusion, as - even though everyone cares and is welcoming of everyone, regardless of background, race or gender - it's still a very white and male organization

2 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews

Bitrise Reviews FAQs

Bitrise has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5, based on over 23 reviews left anonymously by employees. 93% of employees would recommend working at Bitrise to a friend and 93% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Bitrise employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Bitrise. This rating has decreased by 0% over the last 12 months.

93% of Bitrise employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bitrise 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Bitrise to be senior leadership, career development, management and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, work life balance, compensation.