KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

BlueSnap Reviews

Updated May 26, 2021

4.3
BlueSnap CEO Ralph Dangelmaier (no image)
Ralph Dangelmaier
Pros
  • "Collaborative work environment and always open to new ideas(in 13 reviews)

• "There is a really great work-life balance here(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It seems like people are responsible for multiple departments but that's the nature of a fast-paced office(in 9 reviews)

• "Limited ability to work from home/half days (especially Summer Fridays, would be nice(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Diverse leadership - good place to work

Mar 22, 2021 - Sales Operations Analyst in Waltham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Diverse leadership [men/women]. Receptive to feedback. Fun group.

Cons

not really anything to mention, busy [ but it is a growing company]

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don't let the high rating fool you

May 26, 2021 - Manager in Waltham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really none, poor leadership and poor employee treatment

Cons

Brand new employees are asked to submit ratings on Glassdoor within their first 3 months of employment so it is hard to get a bad review from an employee with minimal exposure at the company. Leadership micro-manages and belittles employees. Training is non-existent, work-life balance is non-existent, expectations are very unfair/unrealistic, compensation is not commensurate or competitive and you have to balance many hats.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Best Payments Company Ever!

Mar 1, 2021 - Manager in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture, amazing leadership, combined with the best payment technology I have ever worked with. There is a reason why almost all of BlueSnap's merchants survived the pandemic with flying colors, and even grew. They provide the best tech, service, rates, and give merchants access to a massive network. It is a no brainer. I left BlueSnap to start an Ecommerce company and I plan on using them for my payments (with no hesitation)!

Cons

I have nothing by amazing things to say and had nothing but an amazing experience at BlueSnap

4. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

Feb 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture with a best in class Fintech product that is experiencing fast growth. The executive management team is made up of industry veterans and they are transparent and open to to new ideas from the employees.

Cons

The usual challenges that come with being a high growth company. It's a good problem to have.

5. 5.0

Solid culture and onboarding

Feb 8, 2021 - Sales Director in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

High energy culture; very organized and high value orientation structure for new employees. Fantastic growth for the business, with new perspectives joining externally as well as strong internal promotion opportunities for the team.

Cons

None so far at this point.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

BlueSnap - Amazing Workplace!

Jan 13, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

BlueSnap is a fast-paced, innovative workplace and one of the hottest FinTech companies to work for in Boston! Everyone that works here is smart, friendly, and open to new ideas and change. If you're looking to be a part of a workplace where your work and ideas have a direct impact on the company, then this is the place to be - your voice is heard here. Upper management consists of executives who have been in the payments space for 20+ years and who are extremely passionate about our product. Their doors are always open. The culture & perks have only improved as we've grown over the years - with team outings, holiday parties and summer outings. Plus, an endless amount of free snacks, coffees, catered lunches and a brand new third floor office space. Great benefits, PTO policy and more.

Cons

- Limited ability to work from home/half days (especially Summer Fridays, would be nice!) - Office is not in the city, which can feel odd as most Boston tech companies are downtown; however, it is easily accessible, located directly off of 95 and I-90 -Rapid growth - naturally this can cause some miscommunication inter-departmentally and as we expand and create new teams within.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Employee

Not the greatest

Feb 26, 2021 - Risk Operations Analyst in Waltham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Equipment provided and work life balance

Cons

No training provided whatsoever! The expectations from management were overwhelming and a big one for me was the complete lack of training.

8. 5.0

Great Culture and People

May 30, 2019 - Finance/Accounting in Waltham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at BlueSnap for a few months now and I have to say this is one of the best jobs I've ever had so far. The people here are so nice, fun, and hard working. Everything is a team effort in the end - BlueSnap knows that and tries to make this a conducive environment for collaboration. There is a really great work-life balance here. BlueSnap trusts that we're all adults that can and will get our work done and I have not had any issues with micro managing. The Benefits here are probably the best I've ever come across. SO many free snacks, a good amount of PTO, pay is market or better, health and dental are largely covered by employer and the 401k has a great instant-vest match. I really like the CEO and the management team I work with, they are work-hard play-hard people and no one gives off a stuffy or rigid vibe. It's been under a year but so far I am really loving my life at BlueSnap.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the commute but that's because of where I live, not where the company is. I knew that going into the job and luckily my managers are very understanding when it comes to the occasional work from home day.

9. 5.0

A Tenured Team with Open Minds & Great Growth Opportunities

Nov 13, 2019 - Sales Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

BlueSnap is THE place to be if you want to be part of growing a cutting edge solution. The majority of the team is tenured in the industry, or comparable industries, which creates an environment that breeds collaboration. This is apparent in all facets of the organization spanning to the executives. I've been grateful to see how much the organization has worked with me to make this a good fit for my career goals and personal life. Although everyone here works very hard, there is balance, and we are given the flexibility and time we need for what's important for us outside of the office.

Cons

This is a very fast-paced environment, which I see as a positive, but if you don't enjoy a challenge or being intellectually stimulated this is probably not a good place for you.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good Place to Grow

Jan 7, 2020 - Sales in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

BlueSnap is an exciting company with plenty of room to grow and a great place for a self-starter to spread their wings and make a difference. The team is still small enough that individual wins are noticed and celebrated by management. Management also seems to listen to employee concerns/ideas. Changes do not happen overnight, but feedback seems to be heard. The benefits are what you would expect from any company in the area and management is understanding of the need to balance work with a personal life.

Cons

Opportunities for advancement have to be made/found, there is not a clear path for moving up within the organization. The is nothing close to the office. Getting out for lunch or coffee requires getting in a car. The upper management here is an acquired taste. You can thrive if you are able to tune to the right channel, but it is not everyone's cup of tea.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 110 Reviews