Breg Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brad Lee

Pros
  • Good benefits, great people, executive leadership is driven and motivating (in 5 reviews)

• Excellent work-life balance (possibly better for salaried folks) (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • IT is just horrible, no one knows anything including the new CIO (in 5 reviews)

• Private equity typically holds on to a company about 3-5 years, what is Waterstreet's plan for Breg (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best company I worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

I have been working at Breg full-time

Pros

Great coworkers who work together as One Team
    Long tenured employees
    Good benefits and pay (including employee recognition programs)
    Autonomy in projects and position in the company
    Ability to provide feedback to all levels of the organization even the CEO who takes a proactive approach to visiting sites asking for feedback from employees

Cons

Constant change but with the merger of two companies that should be expected. However, the management team does a great job communicating the changes to ensure that the employees are aligned.

Advice to Management

Keep reinforcing communication and knowledge sharing across all sites and departments.

Nov 1, 2016 – Director of Corporate Marketing & Branding

Thank you for your post! It is a great reminder of the importance of giving employees the chance to provide feedback to the highest level of the organization. There is no substitute for face-to-face ... More

2. "Work"

I have been working at Breg full-time

Pros

fast pace, collaborative, goal oriented

Cons

uncertain as it is private equity owned

Advice to Management

communication and assurance on the current and future, not just reporting.

3. "Many hours with little recognition"

I have been working at Breg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, great people, executive leadership is driven and motivating.

Cons

Long hours and OT expected to meet goals, senior leadership doesn't care about work life balance. Little recognition for hard work. Bonus not given as stated in offer letter, you only get percentage. Raise was only 1% after passing goals.

Advice to Management

Treat employees as people who have lives outside of the company.

5. "Good company"

I have been working at Breg full-time

Pros

good with delegating work daily

Cons

Need to work as a team

6. "A tale of 2 companies"

I worked at Breg full-time

Pros

Good products, knowledgeable employees, Company seems as if it wants to improve.

Cons

Disconnect between what the company thinks it is culturally and what is happening internally. No clear direction or understanding of how to improve. Overall lack of caring as it relates to how company decisions affect the lives of employees or customers.

Advice to Management

Get control of your inventory and reimbursement structure. Place more effort into developing and retaining talent. Streamline pricing structure. Improve tracking and shipping product.

7. "Credit & Collections"

Former Employee - Credit & Collection Specialist in Vista, CA
    Former Employee - Credit & Collection Specialist in Vista, CA

I worked at Breg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture believe are great, but the supervisor doesn't have the people skills. Always finds mistakes and put you down of your mistakes.

Cons

Pay is not competitive. Lots of drama. Lack of communication. Doesn't care of your feedback to better the department. Your are only a number not a person with feelings.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees of their feedback to better the department and work environment or they will eventually quit and be an asset to another company. They want to part of the wheel.

Feb 24, 2017 – Director of Corporate Marketing & Branding

In October 2016, we made an investment in employee development with a management tool called Situational Leadership II. The purpose of this training program, among other things, was to help ... More

8. "Not for everyone"

I worked at Breg full-time

Pros

growing company, good products, venture backed

Cons

real culture does not match the stated culture, no opinions wanted other than that of the president

"The Scum Rises to the Top --- TOXIC PLACE & PEOPLE!!!!!"

I worked at Breg full-time

Pros

Zip Nada Zilch Zero Nothing (I had to enter at least 5 words for this section)

Cons

HORRIBLE company culture. TERRIBLE leadership. Pretty much everyone at a DIRECTOR level has sold their soul to the lowest form imaginable. And even at that, there's plenty of others at lower levels who are just as bad. I've seen so much BULLYING at this place, and had to sit by with my mouth shut in fear I'd lose my job if I spoke up about what was really happening. Oh, and if you bully people and try to mask it as 'cultural cleansing' then you get promoted!!! That's how there are so many poor performers and people without any real experience in their job fields at this place. Think Trump on steroids--welcome to BREG!!!

Advice to Management

Management doesn't take any advice, or listen to anyone other than culture club and brown nosing leadership. No advice cuz no one here cares or listens!!!

If people could rate Breg as zero stars, plenty would! Keep on having your communication and hR peep post bogus positive reviews.

Feb 6, 2017 – Director of Corporate Marketing & Branding

Needless to say, your post is very disheartening and perplexing. You obviously had a very frustrating experience, and I’m sorry you didn’t feel you could express your concerns to anyone. Our culture ... More

10. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Picker in Plainfield, IN
    Current Employee - Picker in Plainfield, IN

I have been working at Breg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone here is friendly and sees each other as equals. Everyone laughs with each other. Some may not speak English, however you can always get some one to help you translate. Breg Plainfield, IN has a beautiful facility.

Cons

Orders usually run out too early. The facility is a bit too dusty and does cause some allergies.

"Breg has been more than fair and generous to me."

Current Employee - Administration in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Administration in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Breg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The working envioronment is very pleasant - no suits! Open door policy is refreshing. Great salary - but allows me to have a flexible schedule to spend time with my family which is more important to me than any salary.

Cons

No part time positions available - which is very important to me at this time in my career.

Advice to Management

Management is taking steps in the right direction to communicate effectively with employees with employee forums. Communication is key.