Breg Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Brad Lee

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent work-life balance (possibly better for salaried folks) (in 4 reviews)

• Good benefits, great people, executive leadership is driven and motivating (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No one speaks the truth at meetings for fear of being the next casualty (in 6 reviews)

• Little to no effort is made to include the right people in decision making which inevitably leads to constantly poor decisions being made (in 5 reviews)

1. "Corporate Accounts"

Current Employee - Corporate Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Breg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Place to work. Strong Leadership and great Culture. Held accountable

Cons

sometimes slow to change. Very conservative

Advice to Management

Strong company and holds managers accountable

2. "Great work-life balance with an industry-leading company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Breg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Breg has great team of people who are focused on working together, working hard, having fun and innovating. Company culture is based on collaboration and transparency and provides a great work-life balance. The company is moving in the right direction by integrating technology into their solutions and management is proactive and willing to make necessary changes to invest in new technologies. CEO and company leadership are achieving positive impacts with multiple business initiatives.

Cons

Some of the benefits are average for industry standards.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in technology and integrate it into the core products.

3. "So lucky to be working there!"

Current Employee - Engineer in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Breg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've learned and grown so much from having opportunities to acquire more skills and have a voice in terms of decision making. The people I work with are just incredible and make my work so much more enjoyable. I genuinely enjoy interacting with my team. Managers are very understanding, reasonable, and organized. The environment is relaxed but productive. People are very approachable and resources are easy to access. Many people stay here for a really long time because it's such a great place to work. As a relatively new employee, I see a lot of potential for growth and advancement during my time here at Breg.

Cons

While there is unlimited PTO, health benefits are mediocre.

4. "Great place to work and great leadership team"

I have been working at Breg full-time

Pros

I've been at Breg for almost 10 years and observed some awesome growth over that time. The changes brought about by this growth have resulted in opportunities and learning for many involved with Breg during these years. The Senior Leadership team does a great job of guiding the organization and communicating the strategy through all levels. The culture is actively managed and empowers people to drive results. I believe Breg offers a dynamic, challenging, and rewarding work environment.

Cons

There are opportunities to further improve the communication and enhance the cultural awareness throughout the management group and between the various facilities. As with any multi-site organization this is a challenge that the leadership must continue to strive to overcome.

5. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Breg full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Breg has a very innovative environment with ample opportunity to contribute and advance your career. The structure is team focused to drive results, which gives enables collaboration among a variety of cross-functional groups.

The senior leadership team at Breg provide regular, thorough updates on the company progress toward our goals and constantly ask for input/feedback to improve the process.

Over the past 5 years, Breg has outpaced the competition in growth by almost 2x. This starts with the people, but is also a testament to the focus of the company and the teamwork atmosphere.

Cons

One area I would love to see change is more equity opportunities for employees. However, the compensation and benefits are at or above market rates per my knowledge.

6. "Innovation and Passion for Healthcare"

Current Employee - Innovation Technical Development in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Innovation Technical Development in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Breg full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

BREG has a strong drive to create new solutions for patients in healthcare. The exciting opportunities that this philosophy creates is apparent in the day to day work experience.

What I like most about BREG is that I decide, on a daily basis, what I want to contribute to the growth of this mission. If I feel passionate about a new idea, it is up to me to speak up and get the organization excited about my idea. There aren't many places I've previously worked where an idea from an individual can move the organization.. and BREG is one of those places where this happens on a daily basis.

With a focus on new product innovation, BREG provides a unique opportunity to work for a progressive company that values feedback, creates a culture to empower the individual, teams, and the company mission.

Cons

It is difficult NOT to be involved in the culture and the company. If taking up space and sitting idle is of interest, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to new ideas from all employees, ask for more feedback, and keep pushing the envelope.

"Terrible place to work. No work life balance"

Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Breg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get benifits the day you start

Cons

No work life balance. High turnover rate, lots of temps not being converted to full time, over working their temp hours, HR is terrible and not approachable.

Advice to Management

Terrible management. Lots of lies and favoritism. No safety programs in place, associates have lots of volience in the warehouse( it's tolerated) Director of operations have personal relationships with associates on the floor. No accountability, associates not being held accountable to the policies that are in place. Training programs are terrible. This is the warehouse in Indianapolis, IN not a great place to work. Over worked and under paid

"Disingenuous and regressive"

Pros

***BEWARE*** Some of these 5* reviews are transparently written by HR.

"Unlimited" PTO for salaried employees, however HR will tell you that you will be expected to be available and work during your PTO should you choose to take advantage.

Cons

Hard to know where to begin..

Too many cooks in the kitchen. Nobody in management talks to each other enough yet simultaneously hold the belief that they understand everything (spoiler alert-- they don't). Little to no effort is made to include the right people in decision making which inevitably leads to constantly poor decisions being made. Consequently, the people effected, who were not considered/consulted, are left to clean up the mess.

Thinkers unwelcome here. Drink the Kool-Aid or you will be pushed out. For a company who loves to tout their investment in "culture" and talks endlessly about how much they appreciate feedback, it's simply untrue. If your feedback is anything less than glowing, well, you're just wrong and will be argued with or ignored. One must only look to some of the past negative Glassdoor reviews to find HR replying to try to discredit or disprove the employee's point of view. Culture at Breg is a tool of control.

Breg would seem to be a great place to work for a sales rep or distributor, as they make all of the rules. Refusal to make any process improvement or hard decisions for the betterment of the company. You will work at the whim and will of sales regardless of your department. You will see people lie, cheat, and steal. You'll know how to fix it, but it'll be "too hard" and the status quo will continue.

Thinking of working for Breg? Learn to nod and smile and leave your convictions and ethics at the door.

Advice to Management

Have the courage of your convictions. Or if you can't, be real about who you are. We can see through you.

"Be careful"

Pros

Some knowledgeable and personable folks that used to work there. I would say culture as much as they emphasize but it's all for sure anyway.

Cons

You are disposable at any given time. One year you're being praised for a job well done the next you're completely unqualified for your role. Depending on the flavor of the month, week, hour frankly.

Advice to Management

Take responsibility for your own ineptitude. That's what one team looks like to me

"Very Positive Experience"

I have been working at Breg full-time

Pros

Very responsive...good communication.
    Clear on expectations.
    Company culture is a very important to success.

Cons

Some technology is dated which requires double/triple entry at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the focus on the people.