Bridge Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Richard Albrecht

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Collaborative, self aware, positive people with a shared mission"

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Bridge Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are nice to work with, the projects are interesting, and the diversity of projects are super helpful.

Cons

Working remotely takes you away from the core culture of the organization and that can be challenging at times, when balancing the needs of clients with what the organization would like us to do.

Advice to Management

Try to share and engage everyone more in the ways we can help contribute to the top and bottom line. It's not exactly clear what I can do to help, and I want to.

Feb 11, 2018 – Managing Director, Talent

Thank you for the positive feedback and insight on employee engagement. Please feel free to reach out, perhaps we can collaborate on ideas for messaging - I can share what we already have planned for... More

"Sr. Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Bridge Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company makes and effort to keep consultants off the bench. Some of the directors are great to work with, and I had a great experience with mine. When my last engagement ended, they were very proactive in finding my my next project.

Cons

Company is too Microsoft focused and it is difficult to find opportunities consulting for other companies. Some partners and directors do not value the best interest of the consultants, overloading them rather than asking the client for more resources/funding.

Advice to Management

Make sure all partners and directors align to the company values.

Feb 19, 2018 – Managing Director, Talent

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback and recognizing how hard our teams work to keep our valued consultants deployed. Please know we are always working to expand our client base, our... More

3. "Great Seattle company"

I have been working at Bridge Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Strong leadership throughout org
    -Diligent management at Director level
    -Good relationships with clients
    -Great teamwork around keeping consultants in roles with clients

Cons

Nothing bad to say about this company.

Feb 11, 2018 – Managing Director, Talent

Thank you for the positive and detailed feedback. Please feel free to reach out anytime with additional comments or suggestions. christine.king@bridgepartnersconsulting.com

4. "Earns its title as one of the "Best Companies to Work For""

I have been working at Bridge Partners full-time

Pros

1. The people - my colleagues, leadership, and clients. Everyone is a class act, friendly and professional. The teams are made up of top-grade consultants that are relentlessly dedicated to best-in-class client service, no matter how big the client challenge.
    2. The benefits are fantastic, including medical and accruing PTO upon arrival. Based on my understanding, they added 401K matching this year, which is appreciated.
    3. This is not a 'vendor' shop - it's a true management consultant firm, from strategy to execution, across many different practices.
    4. The business management / HR team really takes care of employees too, with community outings, training and company meetings / socials.
    5. The ability to work from home, client site or local office - this is amazing and makes for an efficient level of production / ability to concentrate.

Cons

As with any consulting firm, resource utilization is based on work flow....but this is to be expected. It's a fast-growing firm and there are always new, exciting projects coming in the door.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, exciting to see all the growth, opportunity and positive accolades.

5. ""Boutique Firm" feel with "Big Firm" opportunities"

I have been working at Bridge Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Variety of clients and projects keeps things interesting
    -Flexibility in work location and hours to do my best work while balancing home and family time
    -Freedom to service my clients and network without a lot of meddling from above
    -Plentiful support when I need it, and a strong sense of community with other consultants
    -Actions back up words about supporting and developing people--this is not a 'body shop'--peers and management are genuinely interested in helping people succeed
    -Strong compensation package, and upward mobility for those who desire it.

Cons

-Eastlake office location is super inconvenient for an Eastsider like me, and parking sucks, so I only go in to the office about once a quarter. Given so many of our clients are on the Eastside, would be great to see an office/ drop-in space somewhere in Issaquah/Bellevue/Redmond/Kirkland, but that's a minor quibble.

Advice to Management

-#1, keep doing what you are doing--this is my employer of choice for a reason.
    -Would be great to see a larger 401(k) match
    -Company-issued computer hardware is generally adequate, but would
    love to have an option to decline company PC in lieu a device allowance as some other firms have adopted

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I worked at Bridge Partners (More than a year)

Pros

Great company work from home

Cons

Manager is causing problem with drama and pushing people out

Advice to Management

Pay attention to who you have working stirring the pot.

7. "Great work–life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Bridge Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bridge Partners is all about creating a great work–life balance for their employees. The flexibility to work from home is a huge plus, and they don't micromanage. They put on a lot of events for their employees like happy hours, training sessions, and company parties that make you feel like a valued member of the Bridge team. Since working there the last year they have improved on their benefits package and have created a great new internal intranet tool that makes communicating among different departments and sharing tools much easier. The upper management is extremely friendly and personable– it's not often that the CEO of a company knows your name and compliments your work, let alone remembers your spouse at work parties! I'm able to bring new ideas and projects to the table and push my team to try new things. Bridge Partners wants to see me succeed and grow here, allowing me to see a future here.

Cons

I would always love more company–wide events. An office space on the Eastside would be amazing!

"Best place I've worked, but still has room to improve"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Bridge Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The executive team and their vision are outstanding and the number of opportunities to work with amazing clients, talented people, and cutting edge products is promising and awesome for anyone's resume. Overall, it's a great company to work for, for those who can do good work independently and who have at least 8 years under their belt in a particular business area like marketing, PM, analytics, or sales. The model is set up for advanced consultants who can be independent and go a week to a month (or two) without pay should they have to. If this isn't you or you want and like to be part of something a little more stable and team-like, you may want to look elsewhere.

Cons

The nature of this business is unstable and demands that you be proactive and thick skinned. Clients change their minds mid-contract, and you're left having to do something you didn't sign up for or are not equipped to do; contracts don't go through, and you're left without a contract or a paycheck. The unstable nature is promised, how you manage it is up to you. This is a pro if you're good at managing ambiguity and change, but a major con if you want to lean on the administrative folks to find you your next contract or want a director to advocate for you with clients in the midst of a scope change or when they use you as a scapegoat. Should you not feel comfortable being hyper proactive in pitching yourself or being thick skilled when the winds of change occur ... cons could outweigh the pros.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great business dev and culture work!

Here is some key things I'd like to see improved:
    -Provide leadership training to your directors and EMs so all are on the same page in terms of what they need to offer to clients and consultants.
    - Assess R&Rs throughout the organization. It seems like a lot of work is done by a small group of directors and EMs... spread this out.
    - Produce an advancement plan for those who want to grow in the company. Many of us feel lost in the system and don't know how we can grow... especially when our managers consistently change.
    - Consider sending out the "bench" email notice earlier than the week of or a week after the entanglement has ended. This will give consultants and others more runway to get on another project.

9. "A company that genuinely works to support you..."

I have been working at Bridge Partners full-time

Pros

Bridge Partners is truly a place to call home. The high-level of support and encouragement I receive on a daily basis is motivating and heart-warming. I have the freedom to grow my career path in the direction I want and an amazing team of people to help me get there.

They have done an amazing job at attracting genuinely intelligent, hardworking and passionate A-Players. In fact, I have never seen a company with so many people that care this deeply about each others' success and well-being.

I can say, without a doubt, this is the best place I have ever worked and expect to stay for the long haul.

Cons

I hope to see shorter or non-existent bench time.

Advice to Management

I would encourage the sales and leadership teams to stay focused on projects that sit well within our wheelhouse and to continue selling true relationship-built consulting opportunities (not-staffing). This could certainly aid in eliminating or reducing bench time.

"have back-up work ready!"

Former Employee - Program Manager
    Former Employee - Program Manager

I worked at Bridge Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bridge was an ok place to work. Although you didn't really feel like an employee of Bridge, and more like an employee in the team you were being contracted for, the company did attempt to hold a few events to make you feel part of a bigger team.

Cons

There are not back-up contracts or projects. Once you are no longer working on the project, you are let go immediately. It is somewhat of a body shop like most consulting firms. They are also more concerned about taking care of the 'client' than looking out for the best interests and negotiating on behalf of their employees.

Jul 27, 2017 – CEO and Managing Partner

Hi, this is Richard Albrecht. I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience working at Bridge. I'm happy to hear, though, that you may have attended some of our employee events. Encouraging... More