Bridge Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Richard Albrecht

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Growth mindset"

I have been working at Bridge Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've just hit 6 months with Bridge and thought it was time to post a review. The amazing level of talent and thought leadership at this firm is what hooked me and it has held true:
    - They are not afraid to take risks, to stretch their capabilities and build new ones
    - They invest in their people and their systems, there is significant hiring going on right now, much internal growth/promotions this year, numerous investments in new tools
    - It is truly a "lean in" culture where everyone pitches in and there is shared commitment and passion
    - If there are any employees giving less than 110% I've yet to see it
    - At the end of the day it's a super fun group of people despite how driven they are. The employee events are always valuable and management attends in large volume, lots of opportunity to share feedback

Cons

Bridge is probably their own worst critic. The bar is really high and they don't like to do anything halfway. They are super transparent so if something isn't working, we will all hear about it.

Advice to Management

Celebrate the successes and rejoice and replicate all the many things that are going great. Keep up and keep adding to the employee events and professional development seminars - keep helping employees to learn and embrace a growth mindset and not be fearful of every little blip or change.

2. "Great Place to Experience Variety and Sincerity"

Current Employee - Senior MA in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior MA in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Bridge Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-All around solid leadership. They are growing at a insane rate but they pride themselves on staying close to their collaborative roots which gives access to leadership at all levels

-Positive work environment where people feel valued and appreciated.

-Support for certain technical certifications

Cons

-Moving fast so at times it can feel like changing the engine on a moving car but at the end of the day that growth is good for all. Nothing really to complain about.

Advice to Management

- Double down on what you have been investing in. People!!! It's paid off thus far.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Bridge Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility. Some of the projects are interesting depending on the client and the Director selling the work. Hires great people. Strong infrastructure team.

Cons

Most of the work is at Microsoft. Nowhere to go if your Microsoft badge expires. Can't seem to get the other markets off the ground and profitable. Constant ideas of how to change and implement, however the ideas and efforts die on the vine. Key employees (both consultants and internal employees) have left over the past 6-9 months which erodes the culture. Healthcare benefits and cost not impressive.

Advice to Management

Become an actual consulting company rather than a masked staffing company. Have consistency at the leadership level. Walk the walk, don't just talk about it.

Jun 11, 2018 – Managing Director, Talent

Thank you for your candid feedback and observations, and also for the recognition that we hire great people - our people are the foundation and meaning behind and in front of everything we do. We're... More

"Sr. Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Bridge Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company makes and effort to keep consultants off the bench. Some of the directors are great to work with, and I had a great experience with mine. When my last engagement ended, they were very proactive in finding my my next project.

Cons

Company is too Microsoft focused and it is difficult to find opportunities consulting for other companies. Some partners and directors do not value the best interest of the consultants, overloading them rather than asking the client for more resources/funding.

Advice to Management

Make sure all partners and directors align to the company values.

Feb 19, 2018 – Managing Director, Talent

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback and recognizing how hard our teams work to keep our valued consultants deployed. Please know we are always working to expand our client base, our... More

5. "Collaborative, self aware, positive people with a shared mission"

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Bridge Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are nice to work with, the projects are interesting, and the diversity of projects are super helpful.

Cons

Working remotely takes you away from the core culture of the organization and that can be challenging at times, when balancing the needs of clients with what the organization would like us to do.

Advice to Management

Try to share and engage everyone more in the ways we can help contribute to the top and bottom line. It's not exactly clear what I can do to help, and I want to.

Feb 11, 2018 – Managing Director, Talent

Thank you for the positive feedback and insight on employee engagement. Please feel free to reach out, perhaps we can collaborate on ideas for messaging - I can share what we already have planned for... More

6. "Great Seattle company"

I have been working at Bridge Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Strong leadership throughout org
    -Diligent management at Director level
    -Good relationships with clients
    -Great teamwork around keeping consultants in roles with clients

Cons

Nothing bad to say about this company.

Feb 11, 2018 – Managing Director, Talent

Thank you for the positive and detailed feedback. Please feel free to reach out anytime with additional comments or suggestions. christine.king@bridgepartnersconsulting.com

7. "Earns its title as one of the "Best Companies to Work For""

I have been working at Bridge Partners full-time

Pros

1. The people - my colleagues, leadership, and clients. Everyone is a class act, friendly and professional. The teams are made up of top-grade consultants that are relentlessly dedicated to best-in-class client service, no matter how big the client challenge.
    2. The benefits are fantastic, including medical and accruing PTO upon arrival. Based on my understanding, they added 401K matching this year, which is appreciated.
    3. This is not a 'vendor' shop - it's a true management consultant firm, from strategy to execution, across many different practices.
    4. The business management / HR team really takes care of employees too, with community outings, training and company meetings / socials.
    5. The ability to work from home, client site or local office - this is amazing and makes for an efficient level of production / ability to concentrate.

Cons

As with any consulting firm, resource utilization is based on work flow....but this is to be expected. It's a fast-growing firm and there are always new, exciting projects coming in the door.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, exciting to see all the growth, opportunity and positive accolades.

8. ""Boutique Firm" feel with "Big Firm" opportunities"

I have been working at Bridge Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Variety of clients and projects keeps things interesting
    -Flexibility in work location and hours to do my best work while balancing home and family time
    -Freedom to service my clients and network without a lot of meddling from above
    -Plentiful support when I need it, and a strong sense of community with other consultants
    -Actions back up words about supporting and developing people--this is not a 'body shop'--peers and management are genuinely interested in helping people succeed
    -Strong compensation package, and upward mobility for those who desire it.

Cons

-Eastlake office location is super inconvenient for an Eastsider like me, and parking sucks, so I only go in to the office about once a quarter. Given so many of our clients are on the Eastside, would be great to see an office/ drop-in space somewhere in Issaquah/Bellevue/Redmond/Kirkland, but that's a minor quibble.

Advice to Management

-#1, keep doing what you are doing--this is my employer of choice for a reason.
    -Would be great to see a larger 401(k) match
    -Company-issued computer hardware is generally adequate, but would
    love to have an option to decline company PC in lieu a device allowance as some other firms have adopted

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I worked at Bridge Partners (More than a year)

Pros

Great company work from home

Cons

Manager is causing problem with drama and pushing people out

Advice to Management

Pay attention to who you have working stirring the pot.

10. "Great work–life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Bridge Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bridge Partners is all about creating a great work–life balance for their employees. The flexibility to work from home is a huge plus, and they don't micromanage. They put on a lot of events for their employees like happy hours, training sessions, and company parties that make you feel like a valued member of the Bridge team. Since working there the last year they have improved on their benefits package and have created a great new internal intranet tool that makes communicating among different departments and sharing tools much easier. The upper management is extremely friendly and personable– it's not often that the CEO of a company knows your name and compliments your work, let alone remembers your spouse at work parties! I'm able to bring new ideas and projects to the table and push my team to try new things. Bridge Partners wants to see me succeed and grow here, allowing me to see a future here.

Cons

I would always love more company–wide events. An office space on the Eastside would be amazing!