Bridge Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Richard Albrecht

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"A Company that cares about their people"

Pros

I have found Bridge Partners to be different than other Consulting firms I have worked with. Not only do they find a great match for my skill set, but after the hire, they continue to meet and ask you how it’s going. This is not from the client side, but they are truly interested if I am liking the role. They don’t just get you the role and not meet with you anymore. My experience with other consulting firms has been that after the hire, the rep never had more than 10 minutes to meet with me to ask how things are going. “Great talking to you but I have another client I have to see. Have a nice day”. This never happens with Bridge Partners.
        I’ve been with Bridge Partners for over to six months and have met my rep many times to discuss my satisfaction with the role and to just talk – like I am a person, not a quick hire to fill a role. Nice touch – and it is what makes Bridge Partners unique, in my opinion.
        Bridge Partners has a lot of get-togethers in informal places and they are very community oriented. Every month they organize a day that contributes to a local charity. This is great for the community and also allows everyone to network and get to know the other consultants - outside the working environment. True team-building and with a great cause.
        As my present contract is ending soon, I have no doubt Bridge Partners will work hard to find my next project – one that I will enjoy and have the skill set to exceed.

Cons

Nothing at this time. I will return to this site after my contract ends so I can evualuate their ability to start a new contract for me.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work of caring about your consultants...it's what makes Bridge Partners unique.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Bridge Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- flexible work schedule
    - manage your own project load
    - great benefits and internet paid for working remotely
    - work with a variety of large clients from the get go

Cons

- working remotely makes it difficult to see/know everyone at the company

3. "Best place I've worked, but still has room to improve"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Bridge Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The executive team and their vision are outstanding and the number of opportunities to work with amazing clients, talented people, and cutting edge products is promising and awesome for anyone's resume. Overall, it's a great company to work for, for those who can do good work independently and who have at least 8 years under their belt in a particular business area like marketing, PM, analytics, or sales. The model is set up for advanced consultants who can be independent and go a week to a month (or two) without pay should they have to. If this isn't you or you want and like to be part of something a little more stable and team-like, you may want to look elsewhere.

Cons

The nature of this business is unstable and demands that you be proactive and thick skinned. Clients change their minds mid-contract, and you're left having to do something you didn't sign up for or are not equipped to do; contracts don't go through, and you're left without a contract or a paycheck. The unstable nature is promised, how you manage it is up to you. This is a pro if you're good at managing ambiguity and change, but a major con if you want to lean on the administrative folks to find you your next contract or want a director to advocate for you with clients in the midst of a scope change or when they use you as a scapegoat. Should you not feel comfortable being hyper proactive in pitching yourself or being thick skilled when the winds of change occur ... cons could outweigh the pros.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great business dev and culture work!

Here is some key things I'd like to see improved:
    -Provide leadership training to your directors and EMs so all are on the same page in terms of what they need to offer to clients and consultants.
    - Assess R&Rs throughout the organization. It seems like a lot of work is done by a small group of directors and EMs... spread this out.
    - Produce an advancement plan for those who want to grow in the company. Many of us feel lost in the system and don't know how we can grow... especially when our managers consistently change.
    - Consider sending out the "bench" email notice earlier than the week of or a week after the entanglement has ended. This will give consultants and others more runway to get on another project.

4. "A company that genuinely works to support you..."

I have been working at Bridge Partners full-time

Pros

Bridge Partners is truly a place to call home. The high-level of support and encouragement I receive on a daily basis is motivating and heart-warming. I have the freedom to grow my career path in the direction I want and an amazing team of people to help me get there.

They have done an amazing job at attracting genuinely intelligent, hardworking and passionate A-Players. In fact, I have never seen a company with so many people that care this deeply about each others' success and well-being.

I can say, without a doubt, this is the best place I have ever worked and expect to stay for the long haul.

Cons

I hope to see shorter or non-existent bench time.

Advice to Management

I would encourage the sales and leadership teams to stay focused on projects that sit well within our wheelhouse and to continue selling true relationship-built consulting opportunities (not-staffing). This could certainly aid in eliminating or reducing bench time.

5. "have back-up work ready!"

Former Employee - Program Manager
    Former Employee - Program Manager

I worked at Bridge Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bridge was an ok place to work. Although you didn't really feel like an employee of Bridge, and more like an employee in the team you were being contracted for, the company did attempt to hold a few events to make you feel part of a bigger team.

Cons

There are not back-up contracts or projects. Once you are no longer working on the project, you are let go immediately. It is somewhat of a body shop like most consulting firms. They are also more concerned about taking care of the 'client' than looking out for the best interests and negotiating on behalf of their employees.

Jul 27, 2017 – CEO and Managing Partner

Hi, this is Richard Albrecht. I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience working at Bridge. I'm happy to hear, though, that you may have attended some of our employee events. Encouraging... More

"Inattention to placement environment and failure of HR to fully vet an engagement creates real problems"

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Bridge Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Camaraderie among consultants is quite good

Cons

You're paid only when you work for a client and positions are at times not appropriate (as advertised) or poorly vetted leaving the consultant in a terrible position and with little recourse.

Advice to Management

HR HR HR.... is Bridge a body shop or a consulting agency? Decide then act appropriately.

Jun 26, 2017 – CEO and Managing Partner

Hi, this is Richard Albrecht. It sounds like you found yourself on a project or team that was not an ideal fit. I’m sure this was frustrating and I’m sorry to hear this was your experience at Bridge... More

"Impressive"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Bridge Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing people. Great culture. Good pay. Typical benefits. In the world of blended consulting and staffing they do a pretty good job of leaning more to the consulting side.

Cons

Still maturing. It is very hard to do real consulting on a staffing business model.
     While they have a very strong desire to consult, they have yet to develop the discipline.

Advice to Management

No decent consultant is a one trick pony and the good ones can hunt. Consulting requires commitments to building deep, strong relationships with consultants, and keeping them engaged.

"Great Company, Love this firm"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Bridge Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In 10 years working as a consultant Bridge Partners is the first firm I've been a part of where I felt like more than a warm body, more grist for the company mill to grind into cash. Bridge Partners lets me be myself and be supported. I've worked with Bridge for 16 months now, spanning 5 different full time projects with minimal downtime between projects and several additional smaller side projects worked in tandem with my full time project (for extra $$ I might add), all the while I've felt supported, heard and valued. The firm has always kept me engaged and taken an active role in making sure I land on projects that are appealing to me and that I find the work fulfilling and that my skills and value continue to grow. I have ongoing relationships with many of the firms directors: those on my current projects, those I've worked with in the past and others who I've never worked with but who know my skills and are always looking for more work for me.

Cons

The firm talks about opportunities for advancement and a clear career path, and while those opportunities definitely exist as we continue to grow, more transparency and clarity would be beneficial. What does the firm expect from someone who wants to progress through the associate, consultant, senior consultant, manager, director, partner path?

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, continue to build a big tent where everyone gets to be themselves and be honored for their skills and contributions. I love working here an have turned down offers to other firms for more money so I could keep working with Bridge.

9. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Bridge Partners is a very supportive environment. They truly want you to be working on projects that you want to be working on. They have created a fun environment and want to see their employees shine. I love their open door policy they and they are willing to listen.

Cons

No 401k Matching yet, but they are working.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Jun 26, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m happy to hear your time with Bridge has been a rewarding experience, and I hope you will continue to find opportunities to deliver meaningful... More

10. "Great Company"

Pros

Bridge Partners is a fantastic company to work for. What makes Bridge Partners special is that they are extremely supportive of their consultants while also ensuring the success of their clients. The leadership team is accessible and genuinely cares about their employees. I love the fact that they host regular networking events, including small group events, which helps create a culture of inclusion. Managers are available for guidance and mentoring. Benefits package is competitive and progressive. Work/life balance is encouraged. It’s a fun place to work!

Cons

As with any consulting firm, there can be some time off between projects which can be stressful. The good news is that the company continues to grow and has access to a diverse range of interesting projects.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop new business opportunities and diversify client base. Matching 401K. Keep up the great work.