Brightree Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Brightree President and CEO Matt Mellott
Matt Mellott

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You are allowed to work from home when needed (in 6 reviews)

• I want to be challenged daily - Brightree offers that challenge in a fast paced environment and growing environment (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work from home permanent option, would be nice (in 3 reviews)

• No bonus structure, 401k match is limited/deficient, no telecommute/work from home policy (in 2 reviews)

1. "Receptionist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Twin Lakes, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Twin Lakes, WI

I have been working at Brightree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is always there to help. Working atmosphere is outstanding

Cons

Pay is not equal to experience

Brightree Response

Oct 18, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad that you are getting support from our leadership team and you like the work environment. We are always looking at ways to provide the best in progressive... More

2. "CMR Specialist"

I have been working at Brightree full-time

Pros

Very nice people and nice facilities. Very relaxed environment.

Cons

Having people that are going to the second floor use the elevator.
    No room for growth.

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Brightree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance. The work is very demanding, but if you are diligent throughout the day, you can leave work at the office. You are allowed to work from home when needed. Low level of micromanagement, which allows you to be creative and work best in your own way. Your input is valued in processes, and you have the ability to contribute to many projects. Work is constantly changing and you will never get bored.

Cons

Very small, diplomatic, buddy-system type culture. There are not enough checks and balances in certain departments, which creates lack of communication across many projects and processes. Many people have an entitlement attitude, and it can sometimes be challenging to implement new needed processes. There is no known merit system. There are no sick days. Work from home permanent option, would be nice. Advanced technology tools such as the collaborative Sharepoint would be nice.

Advice to Management

Brightree is a wonderful place to work and is making strides in the right direction to get better. Please open the floor to the employees to make recommendations as to what they would like to see.

"I love my job!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Brightree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Advancement Opportunity
    Loyalty
    Encouraging
    Family Centered
    Work / Life Balance

Cons

None
    I have nothing to complain or list a Con about - great employer!

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Brightree (More than a year)

Pros

The people who work here are amazing!
    Advancement potential
    Fast paced
    No two days are ever the same (will not get bored)
    Company and departments are goal oriented
    Constantly evolving
    Continuing education

Cons

No structured employee evaluations
    Turnover (I don't think it's any more or less than another company but when you're running a company very lean, the loss of one person can make a huge difference)
    Company is experiencing some growing pains (I thrive in this type of environment, others may not)

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the envelope on improvement (bigger and better every day)

"Annonymous"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paddock Lake, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paddock Lake, WI

I worked at Brightree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No Pros for working at Brightree except the first payroll check was direct deposited.

Cons

On my first day I was passed around from Team Lead to Team Lead because they never spent the time to sit down and figure out what my role was supposed to do, plus no one knew which manager I was assigned to so they had me call patients all day for the first 4 days until they could figure out where to put me.
    Very unorganized.

Brightree Response

Dec 9, 2016 – EVP & GM

Thank you for your open and honest feedback. It is unfortunate you did not have a positive experience.

Our onboarding process for new billers is to have them call patients for the first few weeks... More

"It's employees make it great"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Brightree full-time

Pros

Good work/life balance, great employees, no micromanagement, very good insurance benefits, wide range of application development opportunities - you're not likely to be bored or unchallenged as a software developer. Team environment where everyone has a voice in product architecture and development. Management values their employees and understands the importance of family. Open door policy with management and CTO.

Cons

No bonus structure, 401k match is limited/deficient, no telecommute/work from home policy. No official policy for yearly performance reviews/salary increases. You must request a review/ increase on your own.

Advice to Management

Continue treating employees with respect as valuable assets and as equals. Ensure employees aren't forgotten about, receive feedback regularly and receive yearly reviews and salary increases as appropriate. Consider bonus structures or other ways to be more competitive in the local job market and to show existing employees that they are valued and that their hard work is appreciated. Verbal praise and recognition is always appreciated and valued, but should not be a replacement for compensation/benefits.

"Very clickish"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Brightree full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits - PTO improved, bonuses if you are in sales, some remote positions, limited structure

Cons

Terrible management, constant turnover, clickish, not a lot of room for advancement unless you know someone in that department, not a lot of incentive

Advice to Management

Teach the management to do a better job at forming structure, team building, employee retention, bonuses, flexibility, training and outline a career path to retain good employees

"Regional Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

Pros

Brightree is a leader in the post-acute care space, and through its focus on technology, support, service and investment in the platform and customers, understands what to takes to be successful.
    Everyone is expected to contribute and be accountable in whatever position they are in at Brightree. It's an organization that treats its employees very fairly, while allowing and expecting you to work hard and earn a great living doing so. Additionally, while you are expected to work hard every day, there is also the flexibility to prioritize what is truly important, like family and outside interests.
    Dave Cormack is a great leader, and every employee that commits to his/her job will be treated with respect and given the opportunity to better themselves, both professional and personally. The rest of the leadership team is also very committed and cares deeply about our customers and our employees.

Cons

There are really no major 'cons' for me working at Brightree or as a company..

"Great Company Values Drive Personal Success"

Current Employee - Market Development Representative in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Market Development Representative in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Brightree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brightree has given me the opportunity to learn the in's and out's of the rapidly growing, post-acute care industry. The company has truly redefined Software as a Service, revolutionizing the lives of not only home health, hospice, and DME/HME agencies but also the thousands of patients and families thereby affected. Here, everyone's opinions matter and are taken into high consideration as the company continues to grow. Brightree, its leadership team, and each employee work towards a common goal: building a better tomorrow.

In addition, Brightree promotes a very work-friendly environment. You need not be afraid to indulge yourself come the catered lunches or the few extra cups of joe you need to get your day going!

Cons

This is a company where you will receive as much as you put into it. You must be willing to go the extra mile, push yourself that much further to not only reach your goals but exceed them as well. In short, you must have the motivation and aspiration to push yourself beyond all limits to be successful.

Advice to Management

The leadership team at Brightree works endlessly towards the success of both the company and each individual employee. Daily interactions with everyone from the CEO to my personal manager motivate me to strive for success. The administration here constantly asks what THEY can do to help ME in my pursuit for greatness. In short, don't be intimidated to drop by their offices whether its to talk about your personal goals, obstacles blocking your continued advancement, or share a few words about last night's ballgame!