Brightree Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Brightree President and CEO Matt Mellott
Matt Mellott

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work is constantly changing, fast paced, good work/life balance, great benefits" (in 7 reviews)

• "I held a variety of positions there, with each one affording an opportunity to learn more" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "What they consider to be HR (which is one person) is the most remedial and unprofessional that I have ever come across in my career" (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Brightree Great place to work"

I worked at Brightree full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked at Brightree for 15 years. I held a variety of positions there, with each one affording an opportunity to learn more. My personal experience is that Brightree has shown compassion for their employees whether they are dealing with a personal loss, or health issues. Always ensuring that the employee has what they need to continue.

Cons

While the pace is fast and work is demanding, if you want a job that will remain interesting, this is it.

Advice to Management

More training opportunities.

2. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Brightree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work environment is the greatest thing about the company. No one hovers over you and most people work mostly independently. The office culture is second to none

Cons

There are really are no downsides to working at Brightree.

"It’s a job"

Pros

Competitive benefit package
    Constantly changing work so it’s never boring
    Great co-workers
    Laid back culture (for the most part)
    You learn a lot

Cons

This used to be a great place to work but it has shifted downward over the years. Current Management is incompetent, disconnected, unprofessional and lacks ethics and integrity-they constantly beating down the people that do the work and are only out for their own interests. People are always on the defensive and rightly so because they have been beat down for so long they are accustomed to defending themselves. Operations are too lean, they put too much on us workers but then brag about how profitable they are- if one person leaves or gets sick it causes a major rift because of the already overwhelming work load. For this being a technology company internal operations are extremely antiquated and cumbersome. No work/life balance whatsoever - you are expected to always be available which just adds to the already stressed environment. There used to be some really great managers and directors here but most have jumped ship or have been let go...I can’t help but feel like this ship is sinking.

Advice to Management

ResMed-clean house starting from the top and you will see major improvement! Listen to the little people they are the heart of this operation.

4. "Director"

Pros

Innovative, growing company. Seems to have been a positive shift towards people engagement over the last year. Competitive pay, benefits, and work/life balance.

Cons

Solos internally - seems to be improving though

Advice to Management

Continue the open and transparent dialogue. Continue the investment and focus into the business and specifically your people and the growth trajectory will continue.

"Document management"

I have been working at Brightree full-time

Pros

For document management? ZERO dslkjfhoikjsdhf

Cons

Ridiculously slow...Never thought my productivity would severely limited due to the incredible slowness of the program. Document management side of this program is complete trash, you have anything over 500 documents to file, quite simply you're not going to get it done and if you have thousands of documents to file on a daily basis you're totally screwed.

"No title"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paddock Lake, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paddock Lake, WI

I worked at Brightree (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers were great.My supervisor was an amazing person.

Cons

Never really felt like I was good enough to be there and when i was let go , maybe soon it will feel like a breath of fresh air.

Advice to Management

Upper management that visited once a month out of state,you know who you are and you need to start treating your staff better and dont talk over them when they are talking.You always talked to them as if they are stupid.Im glad I wont have to deal with you anymore.You are the worst.

"Be Careful"

Former Employee - Salesforce in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Salesforce in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Brightree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice facilities and co workers are nice.

Cons

Very shady. You can have he rug pulled out from under you without ever even knowing it. Moving up in the company or trying to get a position in another department is near impossible. Hiring is a disaster here.

Advice to Management

Let employees know what is really going. Do not lead people on about the direction of the company or about the status of their jobs. Have better internal opportunities for employees and don't beat around the bush with them.

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Brightree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work is constantly changing, fast paced, good work/life balance, great benefits.

Cons

Going through constant layoffs and unsure of the direction of the company. No clear career path offerings or evaluation plans.

Advice to Management

Constant assessments should be done, not only only to employees, but at Director levels as well.

"HR has lack of qualifications and professionalism for this size company"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Brightree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working in a great industry helping to create technology that supports the people who care for patients day in and day out.

Feel like you are working for a good cause.

Reasonably competitive benefits.

Cons

What they consider to be HR (which is one person) is the most remedial and unprofessional that I have ever come across in my career. From what we heard the person was a receptionist and put into an HR role.

Some executives abuse their power and are unethical and dishonest. Even choosing to threaten, ignore and belittle employees - current employees and/or after they serve their notice.

Surprisingly, some people are promoted when they do not even accomplish their goals!

Advice to Management

Hire a true HR staff that is professional and properly trained.

Pay attention to what your executive business leaders are doing and how they treat their people, present and past.

Create a more transparent work environment.

"AR"

I have been working at Brightree full-time

Pros

it was an okay place to work

Cons

not enought pay for people