Burrell Behavioral Health Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Burrell Behavioral Health President and CEO CJ Davis
CJ Davis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company has a new CEO who is making changes which seem to be positive (in 9 reviews)

• The new administration has made it their goal to make this company "the best place to work and the (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, no appreciation and no raises (in 6 reviews)

• The burn out and turn over rate is unbelievable (in 3 reviews)

1. "Burrell Forward"

Current Employee - Nurse Care Manager in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Nurse Care Manager in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Burrell Behavioral Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get coworkers, several paid holidays off, vacation and sick time compile quickly, flexible schedule, mileage reimbursement

Cons

Pay rate could be higher for Nurse;s

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees and making the changes you are currently working towards

2. "#BurrellForward"

I have been working at Burrell Behavioral Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at Burrell for almost 6 years. Burrell has provided me with the opportunity for advancement and has been flexible with my schedule as far as work and family go. I feel like Burrell is headed in a positive direction especially with the new management. #BurrellForward

Cons

A downside would be the compensation, although the new management team is currently working on improving that.

3. "Honestly a good place to work!"

Current Employee - Community Support Supervisor in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Community Support Supervisor in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Burrell Behavioral Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's a real team atmosphere, especially between supervisors and their CSS teams. I very much enjoy the position itself and the feeling of cohesiveness between clinics and the various clinicians, however it does feel like the regions should operate more independently of one another. Burrell will work with you when there are issues that require time off or adjusted schedules, as long as you are willing to give them notice and the opportunity to do so.

Cons

Not all managers are helpful, and stress levels can be high. Expectations change frequently, - be aware that what you are told one day may be vastly different from the information and expectations the next week. If weather is extreme, the clinic expects you to use your own time rather than closing sensibly, even though it affects individuals' performance within the position, effectively causing employees to either have to use up their vacation days for inclement weather (ice storms!), or missing bonuses for not making their productivity expectations.

Advice to Management

Add in more vacation/personal time or close clinics during extreme weather/circumstances. Offer more opportunity for employees to anonymously make suggestions, as thoughts and ideas that did not occur during the listening tour are stagnating due to employees being afraid to speak up.

4. "Progressing towards great changes"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Burrell Behavioral Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The new administration has made it their goal to make this company "the best place to work and the best place to receive care". I have seen positive changes in the last few months including breaking up the work of over burdened supervisory staff and increasing recruiting efforts. Changes to raises are also in the works.

Cons

Burrell is a very large agency and can bureaucratic at times. It will take time to get to know about all the other departments and what they do.

Advice to Management

Please, continue to work on making this company a positive place to work so that we can increase retention and job satisfaction.

5. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Burrell Behavioral Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Burrell provides support to employees and great benefits. I have not met a more dedicated and caring group of people in all the years I have worked. I came to work at Burrell to be of service to clients with mental health disorders and Burrell's care of these clients is unsurpassed. I have great support from my managers.

Cons

As in any organization engulfed in massive change, this is a very stressful time; however, the management is attuned to the needs of the staff as well as the clients.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

6. "SUD Counselor"

Current Employee - SUD Counselor in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - SUD Counselor in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Burrell Behavioral Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Provides employees with trainings and continuing education with little to no cost to employee. Supportive co-workers and supervisors who direct staff with respect and dignity. Accrued and paid time off is more than satisfactory for employees to utilize for vacations.

Cons

Pay raises only by changing or attaining a new level of degree or certification through company policy with no annual pay raise other than by furthering education only.

Advice to Management

Annual pay raises per time employed and/or professional productivity should be acknowledged and considered important for employees to increase work ethic.

7. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Burrell Behavioral Health full-time

Pros

Great team atmosphere. Family like feel. Awesome Benefits

Cons

I can't think of any really

"Exciting and rewarding place to work."

I have been working at Burrell Behavioral Health full-time

Pros

Opportunity for growth. Upper management is engaged and making great changes. Salary and benefits are excellent.

Cons

Type of work can be challenging.

"Community Support Supervisor"

I have been working at Burrell Behavioral Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a great team atmosphere! People are dedicated to helping the client AND each other!

Cons

The work here can be stressful, but remembering the rewards makes it worth it!

Advice to Management

Thank you for your motivation to move #forward by seeking AND implementing feedback from employees!

"Great place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Burrell Behavioral Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Burrell for more than 15 years. My overall experience has been positive and my coworkers are like family and friends to me. We are under new management, which can be scary as a long term employee, but I see them listening and putting Burrell on a forward trajectory. They are working toward making it a more positive place to work and to come for treatment. Since day one, I have found the vacation and benefits offered as a positive aspect of my employment. Family insurance plans can be expensive, but I feel it's comparable to other employers in our area.

Cons

I haven't had a negative experience during my employment here. I don't like every policy or change that comes along, but overall, I enjoy coming to work at Burrell and appreciate the opportunity to grow with them.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees regarding policies that directly affect them, but we all know that you can't ever make everyone happy.