Butterfly Effects Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Jill Jacobson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • They will fire you and not even care about it because lack of communication is that severe (in 5 reviews)

• I have been with the company for a while and have consistently expressed my desire to be full time (in 6 reviews)

1. "Decent pay, tough work"

Current Employee - RBT
    Current Employee - RBT

I have been working at Butterfly Effects part-time

Pros

The pay is decent. My supervisor is very nice and I am able to communicate my questions or concerns regularly. If I need extra training for anything, it is always available. It's fulfilling to see the kids we work with grow and learn.

Cons

This is a hard career field. I have been hit, bitten, and had things thrown at me since working as and RBT in several different companies. You learn how to block and dodge these behaviors, but it can be very tiring. It's good to know what you are getting into. However, unless you plan on becoming a BCBA, this field will have little opportunity for advancement.

2. "Aba therapist"

I worked at Butterfly Effects part-time

Pros

Flexible, fun , clients are great

Cons

No organization, bad supervision, and overloaded BCBA

Advice to Management

Quality of care needs improvement

3. "Great company, if you're the right employee"

Former Employee - ABA Therapist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - ABA Therapist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Butterfly Effects full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing clients
    Great supervisors
    Luckily for me I was always full-time even when I had no experience in the field beforehand
    They always send out offers for benefits
    If you have the right personality and work ethic, this company will do you right

Cons

Pay is a little low but there are always increases if you prove yourself

Jul 24, 2017 – President

Thank you for taking the time to describe the environment and the possibilities which team members can achieve within Butterfly Effects. I appreciate hearing your perception related to the Tampa pay... More

4. "RBT"

Pros

Awesome experience, amazing children that you get to work with and make a difference not only in their lives, but their families. Flexible schedule. Room for advancement and additional training

Cons

Sometimes not enough hours, a lot of driving depending on schedule- although there is driving expenses after the first 40 min, sometimes issues with software used to enter data and billing

5. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Deerfield Beach, FL

I have been working at Butterfly Effects full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are resources to help you succeed if you utilize your strengths and clearly communicate with other team members.
    If you’re a complainer by nature, this place isn’t for you. Only those with a good attitude, a team player’s mentality, and thirst for learning the business will succeed.
    Also, if you are responsible, you can have a solid degree of autonomy. Very respectful management.

Cons

On the administrative side, you work in an office so there isn't too much excitement. However, you still have the ability to build a solid work family.

Advice to Management

It is a young company but keep adding to the culture and work on showing a genuine interest in the lives of your employees.

May 25, 2017 – President

Great advice! We believe in building, reinforcing, living, protecting and fighting for our service driven culture. It takes consistent and constant attention to do so, but the value is well worth it!

6. "Head Quarters Team Member"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL

I have been working at Butterfly Effects full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-I have worked with the company for over a year and I have seen the opportunity for growth within the company. As a team member seeing the company recognize and reward hard work is meaningful to anyone within the company.
    -The senior leadership team including the President, CFO and Owner take constructive criticism and use it to better improve the company. This is the only company I have worked for where you can see the leadership engagement with surveys to include improvements and work groups to help make changes the staff would like to see.
    -Butterfly Effects works on maintaining the satisfaction of their employees on a regular basis. Their participation with local events like Autism Speaks Walks and Surfers for Autism helps local team members in South Florida connect with potential families and current families while supporting the community. I have personally seen both the CFO and President show up to these events to help pass out flyers, answer questions and be a part of the team with set up and break down of the booths. Very rarely do you see both the senior leadership, managers and team members working together on such a regular basis. This is common at Butterfly Effects, all leadership and team members work together for the Autism Community and take pride in how far the ABA industry has come.
    -The CFO and President are around to talk and review anything with every employee to ensure everyone feels important and connected to the company. I've worked in a few corporate offices and I have never seen a senior leadership team that works so hard on maintaining and developing relationships with all staff. All managers and senior leadership have open door policies and welcome team members in to discuss and review and questions, concerns or comments they have regarding anything within the company. I love the fact that on any day of the week you can see the President or the CFO standing in the lunch room talking about hobbies with other team members, it really makes me appreciate how down to earth the company is.
    -The company maintains their customer service as high priority and works on providing quality services to the families. The headquarters team helps support the field team by processing new clients, obtaining authorization, getting providers credentialed, billing, collecting and providing payment plans for our clients. The company recognizes that each member of the team is just as important as another. It makes me feel valued as an employee.
    -Employee events such as Office Olympics, Employee Appreciation and regular potlucks help to provide a release for team members while at work. Having management cook, or play silly games reminds me of why Butterfly Effects is a fun place to work. Seeing your manager cook breakfast sandwiches or watching the CFO play charades is a reminder that we can have fun and get the job done at the same time.
    -Company orientation brings fun activities monthly such a bowling, putt putt, or arcade games that allow new team members time outside of work to connect with other members. Team building, positive attitude and respect are all things everyone in the company value along with the company culture. These in office and out of office events help remind me that working together makes everything better in the office.
    - I am extremely happy to be a Butterly!

Cons

- Fast paced environment that can be confusing to a new team member. ABA Therapy is a niche market and most employees coming in to the company do not understand how the company provides our services. It takes time to learn and understand the ins and outs of the services we provide.
    -Multiple changes within the market facilitate changes within the office. Issues with health insurance, providing services and Autism coverage change on a regular basis. The fast pace and changes can make it hard to maintain a company with little to no changes.
    -Benefits can be better priced, it is understandable that with the changes that occur with healthcare benefits are expensive, but it should be less expensive working for a larger company.
    -It takes a long time to get additional help, a department might be down a team member and it takes the company too long to obtain a replacement. This forces additional work on other team members that can be stressful.

Advice to Management

-Continue to work on building company culture as it is important to remember that this is what makes the employees a team.
    -Continue to focus on improving the company as a whole. With changes within the industry and the healthcare industry it is easy to become set in ways that do not change with the time. By continuing to work on changing with the times will allow Butterfly Effects to remain strong as a company but more importantly continue to give the team goals to reach.
    -Although the company recognizes hard workers it can be delayed, senior leadership and managers should try to recognize little "wins" on a more regular basis and continue to stay engaged with employees to see how the team would like recognition.
    - Continue to work on team building because if they company works together as a team they will work harder to continue to provide the best ABA Therapy to our families.
    -Work on supporting the team in the office, there can be a lack of focus on the team within the office because the focus on the team working directly with the families can seem more important.
    -Overall Butterfly Effects is a great company! I'm so happy to have become a Butterfly and hope to stay in the office for years to come.

May 25, 2017 – President

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to provide such a comprehensive review outlining the work and the fun that we try to provide for the team! Leadership is not just about what we do, but what we... More

"Not good for RBTs"

Current Employee - Registered Behavior Therapist/ABA in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Behavior Therapist/ABA in Miami, FL

I have been working at Butterfly Effects part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the higher pays for techs. 16.25/hr for partial drive time. After 40 hours you get time and a half. Over 30 hours regularly makes you eligible for health benefits. Some really great clients.

Cons

RBTs are not eligible for sick pay or PTO. Company does not assist you in keeping full time schedule. 15-20 hours a week. No company culture. High office staff and BCBA turnover. Must enter data online via Central Reach.. a slow moving website with multiple redundant details required, causing note taking to take significantly longer than time suggested to enter notes during session. Some clients are never satisfied, don't let you do your job, and ultimately are in denial about their own role in a kid's progress (or lack thereof). Some BCBAs are terrible managers. Only 1-3% raises depenedent on performance or how much your BCBA likes you. 8/hr for supervision because you share your pay with them. So you often are working more for much less during supervision. Very little lesson planning time for also 8/hr. Stingy for parking reimbursement and supplies.

Advice to Management

Have techs rate BCBAs. Provide more data entry time (it consistently takes me 20 minutes and up to 30 if there was behavior). *RBTs need PTO/sick days! Burnout is real. Put techs on salary if you can't provide clients for full-time caseloads. Show more appreciation to your techs. Make sure your BCBAs aren't being jerks to your techs. Provide help furthering education in field.

May 25, 2017 – President

Thank you for the input. As we discussed during our last company-wide Town Hall meeting, we are in the process of reviewing and revising our annual performance management process and appraisal... More

8. "Great company"

I have been working at Butterfly Effects full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers and families are great!

Cons

Communication and organization need work

9. "Great flexibility for Part Time work"

Former Employee - RBT in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - RBT in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Butterfly Effects part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent part time pay and autonomy in work schedule

Cons

Pay could be higher and full time hours more attainable

Advice to Management

more full time positions and or higher pay

10. "Behavior technician"

Pros

Working with children and reaching acquisition goals is internally rewarding. Communication within the company has enhance as the company is expanding. Your work is not overlooked, received a raise in compensation due to my work efforts. Working from home type of work therefore have to have the self discipline to keep communication between parents and supervisors.

Cons

Working with children on the spectrum, you definitely have your bad days. Independently working, minimal connection with other employees and other staff. Benefits vary.