CPS Security Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Chris Coffey

1. "Security Independent Guard"

Current Employee - Security Guard in Gardena, CA
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Gardena, CA

I have been working at CPS Security Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lack of micromanagement
    Independent trust that you'll do your job
    Uniforms provided (short/long sleeve shirts, jackets, hat, pants)
    Can read, play music, videogames, sit in own car, and pretty much do anything you want (just keep personal/site phone on you in case dispatch/client calls)
    Get to work extra shifts (either by calling a supervisor or through another company)
    10 holidays 1.5x pay
    Worksites are located all throughout LA County/other States (you show up to, never at the office)
    Generally, get worksites near where you live
    For dental coverage: PPO $25 or HMO $10 a month
    401k (not matched) after 1-year employment
    Can Federally Withhold Tax, automatically receive bimonthly pay stub breaking down pay
    Can get promoted to Shift Supervisor, who drive very often yet get only slightly more pay

Cons

Attempting to reach anyone in the main office is so frustrating for many reasons:
     -for some reason, phone calls disconnect while calling there
     -scheduler takes a really long time (expect a week) to get back at you
     -if you need to head to the office, it's in Garden, and expect to wait because they need more staff
    No off-site lunchbreaks (however, bringing food/delivery will be your friend)
    The sites are construction areas so dirt everywhere, expect to get dirty opening/closing gates, just moving around
    If you don't have a car, limits access of taking far/graveyard shifts
    If you're deftly afraid of the dark or small animals such as rats, bugs, or birds, this definitely isn't for you
    Flashlight provided; watch your step on dangerous, ever-changing construction sites
    Keep from getting bored, so make sure you bring something to do everyday
    If something goes wrong, call dispatch 24/7; no immediate partners there so call 9/11
    Expected to e-mail time sheets every 2 weeks, but have had problems getting paid for supervisors called sites, so watch your pay
    Whenever there's a pay issue, need to fix it with scheduler, who's located in the office (I told about first)
    Clients/dispatch often don't communicate, so having fences/gates torn down or key missing is norm, as well as gates so broken you literally can't fix them, so just watch that open space on your patrols
    Patrols are done depending on the site, which may include climbing flights of stairs/crossing the street to other side of site
    You're alone, so pass the time chatting with public or calling people

Advice to Management

Hire more staff! There is not any guard I know who hasn't had trouble with the office in some way, usually not being able to reach someone in a timely manner. E-mails should fix problems rapidly, not correpondence multiple times. When someone gets hurt on a worksite, they should be driven to the hospital clinic, and not taking 2 hours to be relieved... Plus should be less hassle filling out paperwork there.

2. "security officer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mira Loma, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mira Loma, CA

I worked at CPS Security Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very easy thats all i can say

Cons

unorganized
    very bad communication

Advice to Management

be more verbal

"I was the employee who needed the extra day off. Thanks."

Current Employee - Security Officer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Santa Barbara, CA

Pros

The pay is better than most companies. If you like to be incommunicado, you can do that with this company. I was prompted to write twenty words, Only seven are necessary.

Cons

Communication! When I submit a pay sheet, I would appreciate a confirmation. Eight more unnecessary words are requested. I'm again being prompted to write twenty or more.

Advice to Management

A communicative supervisor regarding time sheets, pay and activity reports would help. This is a current job.

"Security Officer"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Grand Prairie, TX
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Grand Prairie, TX

I have been working at CPS Security Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very Flexible, has many job openings. Good benefits

Cons

Long Hours, Travel to different sites

"Easy money"

Current Employee - Security Officer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in San Diego, CA

Pros

they always have work and you can't find an easier security job

Cons

average pay and You may be shifted to varied sites to accommodate lazy workers

Advice to Management

keep getting more contracts you've got to get aggressive

"Security Guard"

Former Employee - Security Guard in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Security Guard in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CPS Security Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

It Is Very good with flexible hours and you also get to view different sites due to it being construction.

Cons

If your set on a schedule and cant be flexible it isn't for you to work.

"Unarmed Security Guard"

Current Employee - Security Guard in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Security Guard in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CPS Security Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, ok pay, and unique job site.

Cons

Communication issues, reporting problems, Supervisor communication

Advice to Management

Answer your phone when employees need info

"I was assigned to a specific construction job and relied on my experience to secure the site."

Current Employee - Semior Security Officer in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Semior Security Officer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at CPS Security Solutions part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of freedom. No micro managers. Enjoyed interacting with clients. Payroll was always accurate and correct.

Cons

California Company. Wages are watched. Little Benefits. Long hours. Boring assignments. Some sites needed more officers to be effective m

Advice to Management

Need stronger sales support.

"Security"

Former Employee - Security Officer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Security Officer in San Jose, CA

Pros

Watch for irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel as required.
    • Remain alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; approach suspicious persons and/or notify police as appropriate; may confront and detain violators, as required, until police arrive.
    • Patrol assigned area on foot, on or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security
    • Examine doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; use client keys to open and close buildings; monitor closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
    • Prepare routine, standardized reports.
    • Provide escorts as necessary.
    • Inform and warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.

Cons

CPS security is a good company to work for it

11. "Few months well spent"

Former Employee - Security Guard in Moreno Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Security Guard in Moreno Valley, CA

I worked at CPS Security Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked the fact that I got to spend time outside, rather than just being locked indoors somewhere.

Cons

I didn't really like being alone. I'm better working around people, but that was pretty much the only downfall.

Advice to Management

My only advice to management would be to pay close attention to who is actually doing their job and who isn't. The guy who used to be my field supervisor, when I was there, is now HR manager at the Rialto branch, and I know he does his job very well. Not only does he complete his tasks, but I know for a fact that he completes others' tasks as well, and is not recognized for them at all. I know that the company would hate to have their eyes opened, when they see that they are promoting the wrong people.
    He has done a great job for as long as I have known him, and his superiors need to see that.