CSI (Computer Systems Institute) Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CSI (Computer Systems Institute) CEO Julia Lowder
Julia Lowder

Pros
  • helping students achieve their goals (in 4 reviews)

• They were really nice people who cared (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is essentially non-existent (in 3 reviews)

• This is stressful job with low pay but I learned how to deal with a difficult situations and how to perform under pressure (in 4 reviews)

1. "excellent"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant Instructor in Des Plaines, IL
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant Instructor in Des Plaines, IL

I worked at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

very organized, helpful, considering, caring

Cons

IT IS FAR FROM TRAIN OR BUS

Advice to Management

continue you do good job

"International admissions representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team and colleagues are great, plus you get to meet a lot of different people and see actual purpose in helping them.

Cons

Management keeps implementing changes that do not work for the clients and make your job much more difficult. The compensation is not great especially considering the amount of work you have to do most of the time.

Advice to Management

In order to seem as a company that cares for the employees and decrease turn over there must be more money involved or more people handling thr work. Some compensation for extra work and beating sales goals would be greatly appreciated.

"Front Desk Assistant"

Former Employee - Web Development in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Web Development in Chicago, IL

I worked at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job. Fixed work time.

Cons

very low pay, location kept changing, having to travel to Skokie for only 3-4 hours at a time.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to hire students, but don't postpone hiring the necessary personnel, or else everyone else will start hating their jobs.

"Unfortunate that they lost Title IV..."

Former Employee - Director in Crystal Lake, IL
    Former Employee - Director in Crystal Lake, IL

I worked at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The school actually listened to its Faculty and Staff to make improvements. Provided an environment that allowed individual growth.

Cons

I refuse to speak negatively about CSI.

"A lot of great memories..."

Former Employee - International Admissions Representative in Skokie, IL
    Former Employee - International Admissions Representative in Skokie, IL

I worked at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) (More than a year)

Pros

This company gave me an opportunity to start my professional career. I met amazing people and had a chance to positively influence people's lives.

Cons

This is stressful job with low pay but I learned how to deal with a difficult situations and how to perform under pressure.

Advice to Management

Positive changes are already in place. please keep going!

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) full-time

Pros

- helping students achieve their goals
    - co-workers

Cons

- low pay
    - too much drama
    - no communication from upper management
    - wants you to work overtime but doesn't want to pay you for overtime
    - un-achievable work load
    - instead of replacing people who leave, they distribute their responsibilities to already overworked employees
    - management tries to push their responsibilities to others which causes others to do so as well
    - feels like big brother is watching

Advice to Management

Please pay attention to the current exodus of employees & listen to what they are saying. There is a toxic work environment currently, everyone is exhausted & tired of playing this game. Communication is key. Everything that has been happening is easily accessible online, why hide it? It's not fair to employees or students.

"Just Don't"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I worked at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) part-time

Pros

I was paid $21.00/hour and I was happy with the pay and the paid prep time.

Cons

I worked at a MA campus. The place was in a constant state of high chaos with a high rate of staff and management turnover. The students where not placed in the correct level and teachers are not allowed to changed the book if it is too hard for the students. I found management to be combative at times. The school lost its accreditation and may be shut down in December 2016 but there was talk of finding another accrediting agency. The management would not admit doing anything wrong to loose their accreditation but their wikipedia page tells another story.

Advice to Management

Be kind and more supportive to your teachers and do some team building activities. Work on making it a nice place to work, where people love being there and want to keep working there.

"Campus Manager"

Former Employee - Campus Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Campus Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for CSI on Massachusetts campus for 4 years. I can attest that this is a unique school where students get highly qualified teachers, one-on-one tutoring, and personal attention from school personnel. International students being away from family consider this school not only a place for education but also a home away from home. Beside ESL, many programs are created so that international students can acquire professional skills and able to practice in real business environment at work. CSI provide newest technology, spacious classes and labs where every student has a place with computer. Teachers are provided with best technology and full attention and support from corporation.
    An insignificant error has been made and immediately fixed many years ago and now unjustly blown way out of proportions. It’s terribly shameful that unscrupulous people immediately joined in the witch hunt and slandered the very people that put heart and soul into developing this great school. Unfortunately the most vulnerable and needy population of students will also suffer from consequences of this prosecution.

Cons

Cannot think of any cons

"It is a great coompany!!"

Former Employee - Vice President of Academic Affairs in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Vice President of Academic Affairs in Chicago, IL

I worked at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at Computer Systems Institute for 8 years and I can attest that this is a GREAT company! I worked with highly qualified professionals under great leadership of the company. This company made me as a professional and everything I have right now as a professional is because of the training and years of unforgettable experience with CSI.

Cons

I truly believe that this company has no cons. What the company is going through right now is very unfair and not deserved whatsoever!

Advice to Management

Management consists of the professionals with lots of years of experience. Each of them is highly respected in the industry. The founder of the college is the greatest visionary leader of all times.

"So glad that they are being shut down!"

Current Employee - Management in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Management in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) full-time

Pros

I cannot think of a single one, aside from a handful of great employees who really care about the students. Most of the employees--especially the faculty and VP's in Skokie, are unethical liars and all around terrible people. I have never worked with a staff that was so miserable and it was a hug mistake to take a leadership role with the company. I am truly embarrassed to have this job on my resume. Not only did the Dept of Ed cut all funding, but the accreditors also realized that their practices were unethical. All the while, CSI decided to lie to the students and tell them all was ok. They should be ashamed of themselves for taking advantage of most of the students, just to get their money.

Cons

Too many to list, but here are a few:
    - The campus is filthy. They have constant roach and bedbug issues and refuse to spend the money to properly treat it.
    - Mostly poor faculty who do not give a crap about teaching the students, just sometimes doing what they can to teach to the test so student pass and CSI can continue to take their money.
    - Enroll students who are reading at 2nd-6th grade reading levels, knowing that their is no way the education will benefit them, but again--they want their money.
    - Upper management admittedly write the positive reviews, and urge others in management to do the same. Many cannot even send an email with correct grammar, spelling, or punctuation.
    - Too much upper management politics, drama, and lies.

Advice to Management

I would say they need to simply shut it all down, but the Dept of Ed and accreditors already decided that for them. What a relief for all current and potential future students.