CSI (Computer Systems Institute) Reviews

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,892

960 Comments

Teachers

160.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=CSI (Computer Systems Institute)~397829
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great work!

May 19, 2022 - International Admissions Representative in Charlestown, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am working at CSI for almost one year. As an International Admissions Representative, I want to say that I am so thankful that after I graduated my BCP - Digital Multimedia Concentration here, I got this job offer at the same institution. I love the structure of the company, the team I am working with, we all have different backgrounds, speak multiple languages, and we can share with each other different interesting things about our cultures and traditions. I am so glad that I have wonderful managers, they know how to help, and motivate the entire team to achieve the proposed goals. Working at CSI I learned a lot of knew things, and still learning. I am building connections with different people, and international students from more than sixty countries. I love the benefits which the company offers to employees, the payment, and how we can grow and advance in our roles. I appreciate everything what the company offers, and I am looking forward to develop myself to the next professional level.

Cons

I love everything about CSI!

2. 5.0

Successful organization

May 19, 2022 - Admissions Representative in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Enjoying working here since 2015. CSI has great potential for growth for each employee with an appropriate compensation raise as well. Company has great benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, and generous amount of PTO and paid holidays- better value than many other companies in Illinois.

Cons

The only sad thing I can think of is that I miss my colleagues (currently being working remotely since March 2020), and hope we will be back soon to on site work or at least to hybrid structure and work sometimes on campus, to see smiling friendly faces of fellow employees.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to work and Grow Professionally

May 17, 2022 - Adjunct Faculty in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exposure to learn from wide variety of international students that brings along wide variety of personal and professional perspectives. Also, varied class schedule allows you to choose the work schedule that works best for you. Adjunct faculty works both day time classes, evening or weekend classes. Best part working for CSI is that you chose your schedule and CSI is very flexible to work with your schedule. Additionally, Adjunct instructor can always teach on need basis multiple additional classes if their schedule and professional expertise permits

Cons

I think one downside is that adjunct faculty don’t get paid PTO’s and that’s applicable industrywide

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

CSI... a great place to work and grow

May 19, 2022 - File Clerk in Skokie, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at CSI has given me the opportunity to demonstrate commitment and provide a personalized level of service to students and staff. The members of our department always collaborate as a team to share, confirm, and utilize the most up to date information. Establishing clear expectations and measurable goals for Corporate Compliance Reports and Campus Effectiveness Plans allows us to provide accurate data in a timely manner.

Cons

Many International students are from countries where English is not the primary language at their educational institutions. Occasionally, language becomes a barrier to clear communication.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great environment to start your career, grow and build your life circle

May 17, 2022 - Director in Skokie, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Speaking from my own experience, It’s a workplace full of opportunities for advancement if you are willing to learn and want to grow with the company. The company is very supportive of everyone to perform to their full potential and values the unique and diverse perspectives, experiences, and ideas that make us better together. Really appreciate that I have a chance to work with a fantastic team and awesome teamwork!

Cons

To me, challenges are everywhere not just here, and I see it as an opportunity to test us and rise to the next level.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

A hidden jewel among higher learning institutions!

May 14, 2022 - Adjunct Instructor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Up to date and relevant curricula targeted at today's career climate and economy. Well designed curricula that works well in the classroom and online environments, tailored to adult learners and specialized in career training, both for local and international students. A great place for educators to grow and work with highly motivated students, up-to-date academic technology integrated with the latest pedagogy, and a supportive and progressive infractructure.

Cons

The recent pandemic has hurt enrollments not only here but in most major institutions of higher learning.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work

May 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The job provides opportunity to grow and develop. The challenges that accompanies the growth is not only learning opportunities, but it also provides different perspectives on how to get to the desired outcome/s. This is a very positive thing to have in the workplace. It stimulates a diverse work environment.

Cons

We need more diversity with the programs being offered. It will attract more students.

8. 5.0

Great Place to Work

May 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been part of different departments during my 5+ years at CSI. Employees are very cooperative and work as a team towards the goal of making student experience very rewarding and enjoyable. It is a pleasant working environment, and most importantly great people to work with.

Cons

Pay rate is relatively low.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Get Started

May 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good friendly team - no real micromanagement, let you just get your work done without trying to get over-involved

Cons

- work flow isn't super consistent, there periods with not too much to be done and periods with a ton of stuff to do, but it's never unrealistic expectations

10. 5.0

Wonderful Place to Work

May 19, 2022 - Adjunct Instructor in Skokie, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Engaged and empathetic management team * Clear vision and mission * Truly a school that cares for their students * Paid sick time for part-time employees

Cons

Honestly, can't think of any

Viewing 1 - 10 of 170 Reviews

CSI (Computer Systems Institute) Reviews FAQs

CSI (Computer Systems Institute) has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 175 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) to a friend and 72% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CSI (Computer Systems Institute) employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CSI (Computer Systems Institute). This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

76% of CSI (Computer Systems Institute) employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CSI (Computer Systems Institute) 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) to be benefits, career development, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with CSI (Computer Systems Institute) Job Seekers