CSI (Computer Systems Institute) Reviews

Updated Apr 19, 2021

4.4
CSI (Computer Systems Institute) CEO Julia Lowder
Julia Lowder
Pros
  • "It is very welcoming work environment(in 9 reviews)

• "I provide a student-centric teaching approach to enhance international students with their technology skills and job opportunities(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay for required work and admin items(in 5 reviews)

• "No organization, unreasonable work schedules, poor management, high turnover(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Love working at CSI

Apr 19, 2021 - Adjunct Faculty in Skokie, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management really cares about their staff, they have kept us working during COVID and also are the only employer in the education space that provides benefits to their Adjunct Faculty who are considered PT.

Cons

I cannot think of anything - proud to work for CSI

2. 5.0

Camaraderie, Cooperation, International Environment, Service-Oriented

Oct 19, 2020 - Manager in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are a positive, initiative-taking team-player with flexibility, a good sense of humor, and a strong degree of cultural awareness, you will enjoy working here and we would love to have you, especially if you like to see the difference you are making in an organization and in students’ lives. We have a talented, dedicated and diverse team of faculty and staff in Massachusetts and work together very well here and with colleagues in the schools and office in Illinois. It’s an interesting mix of advising and assisting international students from dozens of countries, coaching faculty, developing curriculum and new initiatives, planning, and administrative work. Every day is different. The company has been conscientiously working hard to improve communication between departments, processes and systems, and staff and student support. I have seen the attitude of collaboration steadily increasing in the year I have been with the company. When COVID hit, the challenge brought the campuses together even more. We managed to train staff and transition successfully to online instruction within a few weeks. Benefits are great and insurance premiums are very reasonable.

Cons

Because we are supporting adult students, many of whom study in the evenings or on the weekends, the schedule is not 8 - 5, M - F, which could be a con for some. That said, workdays and schedules are regular.

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Do Not Recommend

Apr 17, 2021 - Adjunct Instructor in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I can't think of any pros.

Cons

Leadership only supports leadership. Low Pay. Overworked.

CSI (Computer Systems Institute) Response

Sr. VP of Operations and HR Management

Thank you for your feedback, I invite you to contact me directly to better understand what is behind your feedback. Annually we do wage and benefit surveys to ensure that we are offering what the market is offering and we are one of the only Higher Ed Institutions that offer Benefits to our Part Time Adjunct Faculty. Please feel free to email me at soswald@csinow.com.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great Company to Work For

Mar 18, 2021 - Teacher in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

•Friendly corporate culture •Health insurance offered, policy paid with portion of paycheck •Academic freedom to teach with creativity •Awesome opportunity to work with adult international students who are respectful and arrive to class ready to learn

Cons

•Average hourly pay •Few opportunities for advancement in the company (unless you have a doctorate) •Heavy workload not commensurate with pay •Curriculum doesn’t always match assessments

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Culturally diverse, dynamic educational institution

Nov 1, 2020 - Academic Dean
      Business Outlook

Pros

CSI is truly a global institution with students and faculty from all over the world, with personal and professional backgrounds that are truly remarkable. I feel like I learn something new every day in my interactions with them. The organization is agile and responds quickly to both student needs and market conditions. It was impressive how the entire organization came together in the last 7 months to handle the challenges of COVID-19.

Cons

Salaries have improved substantially in the last 6 months for many positions, with others still in need of review.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Overall ok

Mar 3, 2021 - Program Manager in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

great opportunity to interact with faculty and students

Cons

short-staffed, so have to work mutiple roles

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A Rewarding Place to Work!

Oct 6, 2020 - Academic Dean in Skokie, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

CSI is a very warm, welcoming and supportive place to work. The senior leadership team is very transparent and encouraging while the students are simply amazing. The Academic Team strives to challenge instructors and staff and is always willing to think outside the box. In short, I really look forward to working at this school every day.

Cons

There really are no cons because CSI strives to be transparent and work collaboratively with all team members.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Growth oportunity

Oct 8, 2020 - Front Desk Manager in Charlestown, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Computer Systems Institute has been a place where I've been able to improve my skills with constant learning and growth. With hard work and constancy I went from an entry-level to a managerial position in a short-span of time. New challenges arise all the time and leadership always have new projects on the table that keeps employees motivated and ready for it.

Cons

Sometimes, there is miscommunication between departments and leadership that hinders the day-to-day operations.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Platforms Plus!!

Oct 6, 2020 - Adjunct Faculty Member in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am beginning my 4th year as an instructor at CSI, and I am continuously impressed by this institution's desire to reflect and improve in its educational mission to be a technological and social leader connecting with a diverse population of students. The technology platforms are excellent, using well designed and interactive approaches that are user friendly for students and instructors.

Cons

There is always something you can find wrong anywhere, so I would say that more full time employment would be something to consider.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Friendly place to work with good opportunities for hard workers

Oct 20, 2020 - International Admissions Manager in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

*Overall a enjoyable place to work *Good opportunities to work with company leaders (This helped me gain valuable perspective on how they understand the business while also giving me great insights for my role) *Good sense of community amongst co-workers with a culture that encourages working together toward common goals *Co-workers are generally supportive, friendly and team-oriented

Cons

Intercommunication between departments does not always happen and can lead to inefficiencies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 143 Reviews