CSI (Computer Systems Institute) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CSI (Computer Systems Institute) Interview Questions

Interviews at CSI (Computer Systems Institute)

2.8

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Unfortunately, my experience with CSI was a negative one. I was first contacted over the phone and was screened by someone identifying himself as a Director of Admission. The conversation went really well and he invited me in for an Interview the following week at the Chicago campus. We agreed on a date and time that would work for both of us and we hung up.

Fast forward to the date of the actual interview. Apparently my interviewer was not there as he was filling in at the Lombard campus that day. Not only did he neglect to tell me that, but he also apparently didn't notify his fill in (apparently the Directors of Admissions traded campuses for the week for reasons that wasn't explained to me.) his replacement.

They left me waiting in the reception area for about 20 minutes. When I was about to leave, I was told that someone was available to interview me. I eventually met with the present director of admissions and campus director. The campus director did not ask many questions but the director of admissions asked several questions about sales and my previous admissions numbers. Apparently he wasn't happy with my tone because he then barked at me something about feeling confident about my ability to work with students. It was extremely negative and quite frankly-I was glad that they never contacted me again.

Interview Questions

• What were the average number of calls you were required to make a day?   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at CSI (Computer Systems Institute).

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with an HR rep., who covered job responsibilities and salary. After that I had another interview with a director of admissions, which lasted about an hour. The last step was filling out a paper application. When I applied and during the interview, only two locations were discussed Chicago and Skokie, but what they offered at the end was Chicago and Lombard: two completely different places on the map. All for 31K, I do have a lot of experience in higher ed.field but I was just offered a minimum. No commute reimbursement or anything like that for travelling all the way to Lombard. I declined the offer. The hiring manager accused me of not negotiating the location with him when I had an opportunity, even though I clearly stated my preference. It's also strange how they don't require a drug test here, even for my full time work at home job I did do the drug test. If they can't afford $30 per person for a simple drug test, what kind of generosity can be expected from them? That's another factor that sort of turned me off from this position.Overall, based on the way the hiring process went this company is very disorganized and they seem to be changing their plans/ decisions daily.

Interview Questions

• What is more important to you:reaching a goal or putting 100% of your effort?   Answer Question

Unexpectedly low salary offered, inconvenient locations. A person I would be working for seems to be changing his plans/decisions often. An offer letter was poorly written,contained errors.

Interview

The first contact was long and drawn out in..1 phone screen- 2 face to face 1 final phone screen with the vice president Admissions.

Prior to phone screen you are asked to write a essay as to why your interested in the position.

Offer extended via email in a form of offer letter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My negotiation was not accepted

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSI (Computer Systems Institute).

Interview

Not too bad. 2 phone interview with Director of Admissions and VP of Admissions. 1 face to face with campus president and Director of Admissions.

Interview Questions

• Asking to sell myself. It always hard to be put on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. Take it or leave it.

Interview

I had 1 phone interview and 2 in person interviews. I took a tour around campus and several staff members.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Normal interview questions , we also had a mock phone interview. I also had a phone interview w the regional director that was pretty difficult. He was very difficult to read. The one on one was fairly easy. The interviewer pretty much talked the whole time about his experience and what they did there. He asked about my background and what I could bring to the team. He offered himself as a mentor. He was really cool, the second interviewer... Not so much; he was more stern and less friendly.

Negotiation

Got max salary, no negotiation needed.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) (Gurnee, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Thorough - clearly management was determined to find an employee with a skill set to match the position and the ability to adapt to a changing work environment. Was evident management was looking for an employee who could independently identify issues and work to address them without significant guidance.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) (Skokie, IL) in May 2008.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with the V.P. of Education and one with the owner of the company. Both were satisfactory and communicated the culture of the school and expectations.

Interview Questions

• Did I plan to obtain Microsoft certification?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't need to.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) in February 2012.

Interview

Several phone interviews followed by a one hour lecture

Negotiation

easy negotiantion

International Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) (Skokie, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

1 interview with upper management; about 2 hrs long; very detailed interview