CardConnect Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Bala Janakiraman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "In my experience there were no cons to a CardConnect internship" (in 5 reviews)

• "Nothing worth noting; great place to work" (in 3 reviews)

"Great Place!"

Former Employee - Intern in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Intern in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at CardConnect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was an intern at this office over the summer (of 2018), and I'm not sure that I can speak highly enough of CardConnect! On the surface level, there is so much free food and so many perks when you work here. But soon after starting here, you'll realize that there are so many genuinely nice and encouraging people right at your fingertips. Every person that I've come across has been a huge help in getting me and the other interns to understand what the company does, how things run, etc. Not only that, but the higher-ups also make themselves extremely available to the "everyday employee." You'll see them walking around and joking with people throughout the day, which is a rare sight to see at other larger corporations. Although I'm not planning on working here after graduation (mostly an issue of location, not anything else), I always take the opportunity to talk up this company to anyone who asks about it.

Cons

None that I can think of!

"Support"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at CardConnect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people who I get to work with in the office everyday.

Cons

It’s a rollercoaster. I started working at here over 1.5 years ago as a support team representative. Learning the phones and everything for a new industry was hard because of real high business volumes and tons of new hires, but fun because we seemed to pull through as a team. We were told when we started that it would stay the same regardless of the acquisition by First Data. Boy, that was wrong. It’s different now. If being a number and collecting pay check is your goal this is the company for you. Clock in, get your calls done, clock out. It is not what it was. New CEO didn’t even show to the holiday party. Waiting to see what goes next.

"Great company, lots of perks, great office and work life balance"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at CardConnect full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company culture is second to none. The office is beautiful and modern, and is open and well lit. MacBooks are offered to employees, which is great. Middle management seems to care about individual employees and tries to make them happy and comfortable in their roles. People treat each other with respect and generally value each other's time. A lot is happening at this company right now, and there is a lot of room to learn and grow as an employee, if you're willing to work for it. Hard workers in the Tech Dept don't go unnoticed, and are shown appreciation for their efforts, including generous pay raises. I like the people I work with, and feel like I have a good team around me to support me when I need help.

Cons

Ever since we were acquired by a large multinational company over a year ago, priorities have been changing constantly. Every month, some planned product feature gets thrown away, or something that wasn't important before suddenly becomes an urgent priority. The acquiring company recently and suddenly fired a respected member of our upper-level leadership team (I'm purposely keeping the details vague so my review doesn't get taken down), who was one of the primary drivers behind making this company such a great place to work. Naturally, this is worrying many people that things will start changing for the worse, without him here to guide the company and protect us from our new overlords. Thankfully, not much has changed negatively so far, but the future looks uncertain. On a lighter note, communication from upper-middle management could be better, but it has improved in the past year or so, so I suppose that's progress.

Advice to Management

To our parent company, please do not change what makes CardConnect so successful and special - our employee-focused culture. If you start chipping away at what makes people love working here, all of the talent you paid good money to acquire in the purchase of our company will slowly start to leave. CardConnect works so well because of its people and its culture, and keeping that culture strong will no doubt result in continued employee satisfaction and high returns on your investment.

"Best company ever"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at CardConnect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) You are 100% appreciated
    2) Your ideas/suggestions are welcomed
    3) Culture is the best you will ever see
    4) Amazing office

This is the best company I have ever worked for. Before coming here from my last employer, I had no idea a company with this much appreciation and dedication to their employees existed. I honestly feel bad for my friends because I talk so much about how awesome this company is. They go way above and beyond to make sure everyone is working their dream job.

Cons

There is not one thing I would change about this place

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you are doing, and you will have extreme success because the employees will be 100% happy.

5. "great company"

Pros

very patient during training process, food galore, happy coworkers

Cons

none i can think of

"Dream Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at CardConnect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-culture is so laid back
    -office is amazing
    -fully stocked fridge 24/7
    -accu puncture
    -veggie box
    -massages
    -flexiblility
    -friendly people everywhere

Cons

-honestly, can't think of any

Advice to Management

happy employee= productive employee

"Merchant Solutions Representative"

I have been working at CardConnect full-time

Pros

Great place to work and this job is a fair place to start growing within the company; associate level role.

Cons

Not any that I know of so far.

8. "If you sell merchant services, this is the place to be!"

Current Employee - Senior Direct Sales Advisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Direct Sales Advisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CardConnect (Less than a year)

Pros

- Cutting edge, non comparable, exclusive and propitiatory technology which enables you to always be one step ahead of the competition and never have to sell on price which is huge in our industry.

- Support: I have worked for many processors and ISOs but here is where I stopped and am not even looking elsewhere.
    Every other company I worked for, W2 or 1099, had always the pressure for numbers and quotas and deadlines and stress. you were working to satisfy your bosses so they could make their numbers.
    Here, your boss works for you by supporting you and getting involved when you need him and make sure you get what’s needed for your merchant on time.

- Freedom: You do not have a quota (if you get hired as a W-2 here, it means you are a good performer already) but the best part is that you have the freedom to charge your merchant in whichever pricing type and line item you see fit and helps their business the most, I have lost customers in the past with other processors simply because the company refused to remove a $9.99 charge from an account.

- Access to all First Data platforms and gateways allows us to secure almost any business and not have to walk away from an account because your processor doesn’t work with their software.

- Culture: The culture here is very different from all other sales teams that I’ve been a part of. High level of respect,management’s trust in you making the right decision and allowing you to run your business as a true entrepreneur.

- Fair business model: The sales comp model at CardConnect is designed fairly and makes you want to take care of your merchants because it’s really worth the compensation.

Cons

Not really a con but communication within the departments and the outside sales channel which has been constantly improving.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing.

9. "A+ Company to work for!"

Current Employee - ACES-W2 Direct Sales in San Clemente, CA
    Current Employee - ACES-W2 Direct Sales in San Clemente, CA

I have been working at CardConnect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

"Where do I begin!" I have been in the payment processing game since 2011. I have worked for a few merchant service providers, some good and some not so good, and I candidly say that Cardconnect is by far the best company that I have "Ever" been associated with in any industry that I have worked in. The principals and management team have hearts of gold! They are more than fair and they actually listen to employee ideas and implement them when appropriate. I wake up every day feeling beyond blessed to be working for Cardconnect and being apart of the ACES W2 direct sales team. "It cannot get any better than this!"

Cons

There are no downsides at all. Not one for me!

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you are doing!

10. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at CardConnect full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

* Extensive career opportunity for proactive people

Cons

Experiencing growing pains with new processes