Carter's Reviews | Glassdoor

Carter's CEO Mike Casey
Mike Casey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance is more work than life if you are full time" (in 28 reviews)

• "Then when upper management finally stepped in to "help" the store we were thankful at first" (in 40 reviews)

1. "First job"

Former Employee - Supervisor in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Supervisor in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Carter's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company who is organized. Easy to move up in positions.

Cons

Some customers doesn’t control their children while shopping, but that’s not the company’s fault

Advice to Management

Give more time after closing for promo changes and marketing changes

2. "Packer"

I have been working at Carter's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a fun job. Great pay. Annual raise. Paid time off (PTO). There's room to move up in the company. You have to be willing to actually work. Yes there's a bunch of walking in certain areas but at least you can say that you got your workout in for the day.

Cons

New people. Lazy new people. New people who get hired and quit the next day.

3. "Good learning experience and there is room for advancement."

I worked at Carter's full-time

Pros

Some of the employees are easy to get along with and make the days fun. Management does have an open door policy which makes things easy. Good pay and they do offer a far amount of training.

Cons

Rotating schedule ( but may have changed since I left). It is a 24/7 365 desk, so dont expect to be able to spend holidays with your family. During the Black Friday sales weekend, expect to be working even if it is your day off. There are a few of the VP's, Not in IT but other teams, who when they call in, will give you attitude and be very rude, but if you give them the slightest bit of attitude back, they will hang up on you and then call your boss and file a complaint about you. But you are able to report them as well and the calls are recorded. There are a few employees at the desk that dont wont to be there and it shows by their attitude so they can make the days miserable. You will handle alot of incoming calls along with a far amount of email tickets.

Advice to Management

Look at scaling down the amount of items that are handled by the Help Desk as it can be a little overwhelming.

4. "Use to be Great"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Carter's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome team, cute clothes, and decent benefits that continue to get better each year

Cons

I use to love my job then they rolled out a new payroll matrix. Managers now work 3 plus hours in a store by themselves. Have to take care of all the customer in addition processing shipment, replenishment and recovery then get in trouble when your customer scorecard is red and customers are complaining of wait times.

The workload continues to increase and things HO is suppose to do to help reduce store workload doesn’t happen so it increases workload in store.

Advice to Management

Ensure store receive enough payroll to run on at least 2-2 coverage instead of 1-1 coverage. Work with your warehouse workers are actually packing shipment boxes by zone. Stop sending store product from the online warehouse. Removing plastic off of 100 plus items per shipment and then hanging is time consuming. Lastly look if you are allocating to store vs online correctly. Stores are receiving more and more “online product” vs ready to put out store product so allocation may need adjusted to decrease the problem.

5. "retail associate"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Carter's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice customers and flexible and they
    have good schedules

Cons

long hours and the management is uncoordinated and the
    low pay

Advice to Management

more hours

6. "Good company"

I have been working at Carter's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay checks for beginners

Cons

Long hours at work

Advice to Management

Good management

7. "sales associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Carter's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff was great to work with and the hours were flexible

Cons

The "on call" schedule could be frustrating since you may or may not be working, so it was hard to make other plans. There was high pressure to obtain information from a customer for the company's database.

8. "Warehouse associate"

Pros

Great pay and opportunities

Cons

Sometimes long shifts depending on shift

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

9. "Store Management Poorly Run"

Former Employee - PT Sales Manager in Methuen, MA
    Former Employee - PT Sales Manager in Methuen, MA

I worked at Carter's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with and the customers.

Cons

Management has high turn over for their Part Time Sales Managers. We are hired and never trained, which leaves us feeling a bit helpless and relying on sales associates for guidance. They sat us down with a manual and videos. That was all for training. One girl quit after one day, some staff their have confidentially told me information on laziness of store management

Advice to Management

I did work with one girl who as an associate but used to be a store manager at another location. She was amazing. Not sure why she was only sales associate at our location. Having said that, you really should consider a position as Regional Training Specialist or Manager. I would advise that this person travel to different locations and help train managers or stores that are struggling. She would be perfect for that position. She's patient, she's very knowledgeable and I can see her creating positive impacts in training staff where needed.

10. "Life as a manager"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Carter's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly managers, works with your schedules, great prices, easy to move up so long as you get along with the store manager and district manager.

Cons

Low coverage, low pay, no benefits for part time managers, had me closing almost every day, had to deal with shoplifters almost everyday.

Advice to Management

Stop making your Part time managers close almost everynight. Have more than 1 sales associate to close, stop hiring more people instead of giving the good employees more time. Pay your employees more, and get a stock team for higher volume stores.