Carter's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Carter's

2.3

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carter's (Bloomington, MN) in September 2011.

Interview

I filled out an application online and heard back from the hiring manager within two or three days. I'm pretty sure I only sent a resume, and didn't send a cover letter. The manager offered me a lot of flexibility for dates and times I could schedule the interview, but was able to get me in the next day! It was a personal (but overly informal) interview in which I felt comfortable showing my true personality and asking "silly" questions about the job. When my background check came back, the regional manager called me to schedule the final interview. I lived about 40 miles from Carter's at that time, and she drover all the way out to meet me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your employees needed to be disciplined. What was the situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

I was offered a job with regular business hours, great benefits, 401(k) contributions met 100%, and twice the hourly pay. I think I would have been happy at Carter's, but it wasn't the best option for my personal situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dedham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carter's (Dedham, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I thought I had a great experience since I had the first face-to-face interview with the store manager and the 2nd interview with the District Manager. I was told that HR would call me yesterday but I have yet to hear from them which is quite unprofessional. As a result, I have accepted another position with another company instead.

Interview Questions

• How do I transfer my education skills as a teacher to the job duties of an assistant store manager?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carter's in August 2014.

Interview

Applied and went on two interviews. Both went well however i did not get a call back as to if i received the job or not. There was no follow up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homestead, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Carter's (Homestead, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Had to travel to direct location of where each interviewer (Store Managers and District Manger) was based. They were 75 miles away from my hometown.
    First interview went great minus being nervous and pausing on some questions as listed on "unexpected questions". Was called for a second interview with District Manager (Temp, the regular one was on vacation).
    The second interviewer made a few off handed comments and questions, asking me if I had children or planned to have children then said "some women never have children, but love kids", which was bizarre and unprofessional in my opinion and in my spouse's opinion.
    Second interview seemed to be going well, they liked my answers...then they turned around and said I was unqualified for the job and they could only offer me a part-time job for maybe one or two days a week. I told them that was not possible because I needed a full-time job. They said I could perhaps work two jobs to make ends meet until I proved myself to the company. I politely declined, and will not accept an offer.
    Honestly felt like the Temp DM slapped me in the face, I was very insulted that despite the interview going well she coldly told me I was unqualified when the first woman said that I was.

Interview Questions

• What are some opportunities you need to work on? (They can't use the word "negative" or equivalent so they use a different key word)   1 Answer

Only offered part-time and said to work "a second job" while working for them. That doesn't work in retail, and I need a full-time job.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Carter's in August 2013.

Interview

Manager and temp District Managers were easy to talk to. Had standard questions. If you have been through an interview process in the past, this is the same. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Negotiation

Easy-offered lots more than I thought.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carter's in January 2014.

Interview

Very laid back interview with store manager and district manager. Questions were easy to answer, all about management skills and what you would bring to the company. Asked about previous work experiences and why I was looking to leave current job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carter's (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Got interviewed twice within a week and got an offer the day after the second interview. Basic questions, if you have relevant managing experience it is a relatively easy interview. Interviewed with the District manager and a store manager, then she felt I would do better in a different store, 20 mins away so then I interviewed for the same position with a different store manager who is now my boss. So far so good!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carter's in August 2014.

Interview

I was recruited in-store by the SM ehen i went in to shop for a friend who was having a baby. She had seen me at my job and was impressed and really wanted me to apply. I did the online application and did a face to dace interview with the SM then i passed on to a Phone interview with the District Manager and then to HR. Fast and to the point.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, was offered 15$an hour and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carter's (Fayetteville, AR) in December 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with store manager, a second store manager, the district manager and human resources. For a position at a store that is low volume and the ASM doesn't do more manager functions, the process was ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• What could you bring to this company no one else could?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carter's (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with a store manager and then a district manager. Both were pretty informal but still asked basic leadership questions. I felt welcomed and both showed genuine interest in what i had to say. Now I am waiting for my final interview with HR over the phone, Im guessing this is where things get more formal.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      How would you handle a situation between two upset employees?
      What is your leadership style?   Answer Question