Carter's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carter's Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.3

Customer Service Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carter's in February 2017.

Interview

3 interviews - one with the assistant manager, one with the store manager, and then one with the district manager. Pretty straightforward questions and they ask mainly about your customer service experience and leadership potential.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a coworker in helping them improve their quality of work?   Answer Question

Part Time Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carter's (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a 3 interview process. The first with the store manager you will be working with, the second interview is with the store manager at another store and the third interview is with the district manager. They do ask questions that make you think. If you do not have any experience in a management position in retail, they made it seem like this job is not for you. It is helpful to do research to better answer their questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Carter's (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had great phone interviews with HR and one of the team members. I was then brought in for an in person interview with an HR manager, team member and the hiring manager. After the in person interviews they requested a personality assessment done in office that took 2 hours (yes, 2 hours). Some of the questions on the personality assessment made me uncomfortable, they asked about my thoughts on people voting and expressing their opinions to local officials. Totally weird. It made me feel like they care more about personalities and personal values than qualifications for the job.
    As I was walking out HR told me that they have "a notoriously long interview process and this was just step one." It really put me off considering I had interviewed with so many people and just sat through that assessment. It seems as though they pride themselves on taking forever and drawing the process out- again makes me think they value other things about candidates aside from actual job qualifications.
    Needless to say I accepted another offer before they even had the chance to reach back out to me. I left the interview thinking I'd be miserable in their work culture.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about background experience, not official "questions"   Answer Question

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carter's (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online to a position that I had direct experience with. I was contacted within a week by HR, and scheduled a phone screen. The phone screen with HR was fairly standard, with a few behavioral and salary/job expectation questions. HR contacted me a week later to set up an onsite interview. The onsite time was spent separately interviewing with the hiring manager, the team I would be working with, the senior director over the hiring manager, and an HR generalist. No compensation or benefits specifics could be discussed at this stage despite the senior level of the position and those involved. The response from everyone I met was overwhelmingly positive. Two weeks later I had another phone interview with the VP of the organization. Again, we had a very positive discussion, and it was clearly communicated that HR would get back to me very soon on the next steps.

Two weeks went by with no contact, so I reached out to the recruiter. I received a one sentence response that they were currently investigating internal candidates. No information on if I was still a candidate or if I was no longer being considered, and no further communication since then.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that was a success.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had an issue with a coworker or team member.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Carter's (Costa Mesa, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty straightforward -- I applied online, and two days later received a call to schedule an interview. I interviewed with the store manager, and she asked me a fair amount of questions from a form (varied stuff, about work ethic, leadership abilities, experience, etc.) and penciled in my answers. Four days later, I received a call, and they offered me the job (pending a background check, of course).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced a challenge, and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work as a team in a cooperative effort.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Two managers were involved, they asked me generic questions off of a worksheet and wrote down my answers, not as bad as I thought. They were very friendly and there was not much stress in the process. Told me I got a second interview and said they'd call me back in 3-5 days.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to learn something on your own   Answer Question

Customer Service Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carter's (Toms River, NJ).

Interview

You have to fill out the application online then they give you a call you come in for a group interview or a one on one you all talk about the job and your background with jobs and skills then you leave and they give a call to whoever they think fits it best

Interview Questions

• What would you say your weakness is ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carter's.

Interview

Very simple interview. Basic questions and more so getting to know you rather than your employment history. Manager was very friendly and was taking notes. At the end of the interview I was told about how everything works and the different positions that I would have to learn.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Carter's   1 Answer

Part Time Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carter's.

Interview

The store manager interviewed , and briefed me on the position with great detail. The next day I met the DM , and the day after that I received my offer. The interviews were very laid back, and to the point. The goal is to find out if you have communication skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you became flustered with a customer. How did you regain your composure, and how did the situation get resolved .?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carter's (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process took a while because they were in the middle of a lot of turn over within the company as well as opening a new store. I was given an interview about a week after submitting my application and it took two or three weeks before the background check went through. However, once I was offered the job, it was fairly quick after that.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to role play a sale   1 Answer