CashCall Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
J. Paul Reddam

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The opportunity to make a lot of money is there (in 4 reviews)

• There is a lot of potential to make a lot of money, but you will have to put in the time (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"MAKE. YOUR. CASH."

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer
    Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer

I have been working at CashCall full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good compensation if you work for it. A lot of money to be made here and definitely more than any other lending company I've been at. You get what you put in and I can assure you a lot of others will be putting in a lot more than you.

Cons

They work you very hard, you have little time for your personal life but if you're focused about the money and not the time off, come make your money here. The environment is very cut-throat and lay-offs come in handfuls, but the if you're strong enough to survive, you won't have to worry about being broke.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Love all the management, they run the show how the show is supposed to be ran. There's a reason why all the employees still make money when the market is bad. Most employees who run off to other companies end up regretting it within months because despite the stress, the money is second to NONE.

2. "Loan Processor"

Former Employee - Loan Processor in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Loan Processor in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at CashCall full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really good pay, constant incentives

Cons

You have to be ready to process loans backwards - loan docs go out before underwriting approval- need to be very experienced and deal with the pressure

Advice to Management

Management was not the forte key of success in this company - employees are held reliable 100% and accountable for everything -

3. "Lots of hours and demand on performing with sometimes out of reach goals"

Former Employee - Underwriter in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Irvine, CA

Pros

Good pay when the company makes it busy, good community of workers when paired with a good manager. Room to grow or expand into different paths within the company.

Cons

Lagging response to fill positions when needed and quick to downsize when slow. Pay can be rewarding but you'll need to put in the hours which sometimes won't make sense.

Advice to Management

Maintain orderly conduct and fight for obtainable goals.

4. "Loan Originator"

Former Employee - Loan Originator in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Loan Originator in Orange, CA

I worked at CashCall full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food on month end

Cons

No mentorship
    Long hours for very little pay
    Sink or swim
    Research and talk to current/former employees about the work environment and senior management at CashCall before applying. Working here is not a good place to start out, but may be a good place once you have the experience. If you're just starting out in the business, there are many other reputable places that will take you in and show you the ropes if you have a strong work ethic, learn quickly, and work smart.

Advice to Management

None

5. "Underwriter"

Current Employee - Underwriter in Garden Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Garden Grove, CA

I have been working at CashCall full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good commissions and bonus

Cons

Hire a lot when need and mass laid off when necessary

6. "Loan Processor"

Former Employee - Loan Processor in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Loan Processor in Orange, CA

I worked at CashCall full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent Company to work for

Cons

Layoffs when business slows down

"Loan Officer"

Former Employee - MOrtgage Loan Originator in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - MOrtgage Loan Originator in Orange, CA

I worked at CashCall full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay for your licensing if you don't already have one and offer full Training in classroom like conditions which is awesome. A Big Fat Carrot is hung in front of everyone and in reality, you can make the money for real but..... (see cons)

Cons

like everyone else here says and is so very true, they hire in mass (I came in with 130 new agents at the same time) but 2 months later I was layed off with over 400 employees which included not only everyone that had under 6 months on the job but many many were long lived agents which blows my mind because "They Produced"!!!!! I was closing 8 loans a week myself but some of these others were doing far more than that. In terms of mortgage lending, you get paid pennies ($250-$400 per loan) however, that's made up because they advertise and feed you these many of which are prequalified daily so no door to door grind. I also worked 70+ hours a week and the company allows you a max of 50 hours total which simply means, you clock out after 10 hours max each day and don't report any over time hours that you must do in order to make high sales. I personally had no problem with this because I was in it for closing deals and not an hourly paycheck but never the less, even closing as many deals as I did I was still let go like everyone else.

Advice to Management

Nothing lower management can do, in fact most all the managers I knew during our lay off last November, 2016 were also either layed off or their teams were dismantled and they were demoted to regular agents. There's no consistancy or security at CashCall and it's something upper management or more specifically Paul Reddam, Owner of CashCall could fix. Pick your best agents, managers, processors and staff and treat them like real human beings and not temporary work ants that get squashed every couple months. I loved working at CashCall and would have done it for life if I had the chance and closing 8+ loans a week, even my own manager and other team managers in the area were blown away to see me be discharged and I know first hand I wasn't the only rising star to get the boot. There were guys doing far better than I and I saw them get discharged as well. I don't know who your financial consultant is but time to take control Mr Reddam before you build such a reputation that nobody wants to ever work at what would otherwise be an incredible place of employment.

Good luck to anyone considering working here but you'll find this isn't a message of bitterness but just a state fact. Look how many others of every position says the same thing here. "Sometimes if something looks to be good to be true......"

8. "Stay away from this employer"

Former Employee - Senior Loan Processor in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Loan Processor in Orange, CA

I worked at CashCall full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation, Bonuses, Flexible Hours, Technology

Cons

Favoritism, Massive Layoffs, No Stability, Bad Management

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees concerning pending layoffs and eliminate favoritism and nepotism.

"Mortgage Agent"

I worked at CashCall part-time

Pros

They have a paid training for MLO

Cons

theres no room for development

Advice to Management

Focus on your new hires

"Nice place to work"

Pros

Easy work environment, Good place to work

Cons

Nothing wrong, nice place to work

Advice to Management

NA