Center Point Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "A Strong Program"

Current Freelancer - Case Manager/Counselor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Freelancer - Case Manager/Counselor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Center Point (Less than a year)

Pros

Center Point utilizes the Therapeutic Community Model in a very effective way providing clients with a very supportive and responsibility filled environment for recovery. The 20 concepts and extensive written paper requirements of the program really tackle head on core personality issues that have prevented clients from addressing their addiction issues.

Cons

Center Point does provide a once a week in house NA meeting and does provide some discussion of the need for 12 step group involvement. There could be more organized efforts to take clients to outside meetings especially as they reach the re-entry stage of their treatment.

2. "Once the best place to work for, but awful since Center point took over."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

I worked at Center Point full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company is a great program for our clients. It is a community based treatment program that has turned a lot of lives around.

Cons

They do not give raises, not even cost of living raises. Too much with and not enough employees. Unrealistic expectations. A lot of office politics, backstabbing, and snakes.

Advice to Management

Encouragement, raises and more positive feedback would be more effective than only acknowledging the negatives.

"Client Services Assistant"

Former Employee - CSA in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - CSA in San Rafael, CA

I worked at Center Point (Less than a year)

Pros

As the CSA for the Multi Service center office of Center Point you achieve a true feeling of accomplishment watching people struggling for sobriety achieve their goal and move on to a better life. My coworkers were a true join to work with and we helped keep each other sane during the tough times and I will truly miss working side by side with them

Cons

I will not bash a former employer. I refuse to fill this section out other than to say if you are expecting something from a job here be prepared to an uphill battle.

Advice to Management

Support your employees instead of bullying them

"Case Manager"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Colton, CA
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Colton, CA

Pros

I get paid, and they do provide some services, to people with substance abuse disorder. They seem to be more concerned with the financial aspect at this point,.

Cons

Authoritarian style management. There little follow up or discussion on implementation of program requirements. Many providers are displeased, case mangers are constantly threatened with, "being fired." The management is demanding, and uses fear of termination as a motivator to have employees and subcontractors complete requirements. No wrap around services. Devalues advocacy and altruism.

Advice to Management

Learn to work with others.

6. "LOVE WHAT I DO AND CO WORKERS ARE EXTREMELY PASSIONATE"

Current Employee - Case Manager in San Rafael, CA
    Current Employee - Case Manager in San Rafael, CA

Pros

Most of the staff are in recovery themselves and want to give these clients (women) something that will help them to maintain a structure in their lives to allow them to enjoy life. It is a lot of work yet we sludge through it and try our hardest! I have a great team on shift with me who i can rely on!

Cons

Staff tend to be stretched too thin and not properly trained. Some staff leave unannounced or just font do their part! high stress level but rewarding

Advice to Management

To talk to staff with respect and to hire more staff to share responsibility and please stop giving more to a person than they can handle. It trickles down and effects clients

"Good reasons for constant high turnover rate"

I worked at Center Point full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None at all...the guards, aka senior management, make sure of that

Cons

Bad management, bad pay, bad benefits, no personal growth possible, questionable business practices, employees treated like prisoners, or at best, kindergartners

Advice to Management

Board of Directors should oust the E.D. Company needs a truly independent audit by a new CPA firm that is not in the E.D.s pocket.

"Absolutely the worst organization I have ever worked for."

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Rafael, CA

I worked at Center Point full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Made me appreciate how much better other jobs were.

Cons

They house people transitioning from the judicial system but the employees are treated like they are convicted criminals. If you have very low self esteem, it might be a good fit but really you should just not even apply here.

Advice to Management

I tried at my exit interview and I doubt it did any good.

9. "Exciting, upward mobility, educating"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chino Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chino Hills, CA

I worked at Center Point full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great on-going training to be your best.

Cons

Need more hands-on with supervisors

Advice to Management

None

"Overly stressful environment with minimal upside"

I worked at Center Point full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The clients are lovely and, for the most part, the staff is there because they are passionate about what they do.

Cons

- There is often a feeling of things being chaotic and out of control.
    - Extreme demands are made of the staff with minimal to no training; staff are often responsible for training themselves, and are not prepared to handle crisis situations (to the disadvantage of the clients).
    - There are very few and very rare opportunities to advance, and compensation is minimal.
    - HR is very disorganized; there are complications with benefits that are handled to the disadvantage of the employee.
    - Complaints to HR and Management regarding the work environment go unaddressed.

Advice to Management

Need a structured and constantly-implemented training curriculum for new staff. Need an organized HR department that takes employee concerns seriously. Need to invest in a management system that organizes the work environment and reduces a sense of chaos, to better serve clients.

"Both Good and Bad"

I worked at Center Point full-time

Pros

Given a number of unique opportunities that helped me grow professionally and become a far better and more skilled counselor than I was when I started.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations at times, lack of support, lack of sufficient training, kind of just thrown in to sink or swim.