Center Point Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "LOVE WHAT I DO AND CO WORKERS ARE EXTREMELY PASSIONATE"

Current Employee - Case Manager in San Rafael, CA
    Current Employee - Case Manager in San Rafael, CA

Pros

Most of the staff are in recovery themselves and want to give these clients (women) something that will help them to maintain a structure in their lives to allow them to enjoy life. It is a lot of work yet we sludge through it and try our hardest! I have a great team on shift with me who i can rely on!

Cons

Staff tend to be stretched too thin and not properly trained. Some staff leave unannounced or just font do their part! high stress level but rewarding

Advice to Management

To talk to staff with respect and to hire more staff to share responsibility and please stop giving more to a person than they can handle. It trickles down and effects clients

"Great company to learn the craft of counseling 101."

Current Employee - Primary Counselor in Concord, CA
    Current Employee - Primary Counselor in Concord, CA

I have been working at Center Point full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great interaction with clients, great for learning how to chart and facilitation of groups.

Cons

Management lacks professionalism and poor communication skills. No room for advancement other that a counselor. Recycles same ambivalent clients. Inadequate training if any at all. Counselor turnover frequent. Subpar benefits.

Advice to Management

Learn that counselor and clients are human and should be treated with respect despite the diagnosis of the client or the ability of the counselor. Develops healthy communication skills.

3. "This job might be for you, but it's not for me!"

I have been working at Center Point full-time

Pros

The formal training and many things I've learned have been valuable and have improved my skill set as a SUD Counselor.

Cons

The atmosphere that direct supervisors have implemented is chaotic, inconsistent, divisive, and created turmoil on staff. Management has hired staff members who have overstated their skill sets and cannot keep up with the tremendously burdensome workload. The corporate culture is not supportive to employees. All their supposed motivation is fear based and oppressive with Constant threats of "write-ups." Even if the "write ups" are not followed through with, it creates an oppressive atmosphere. Management attempts to micro-manage every detail of your work day creating endless phone calls and emails to ask permission to do your job.

Advice to Management

Train your management team to actually inform employees when they are doing something correctly and provide some encouragement, and not just to come down hard on employees for what they're doing insufficiently. On the occasions When I have been informed I was doing something more or less correctly, it's always been immediately followed by, "you were too slow" or that "it could have been done this way," which is followed up with an explanation of a method or means reflecting years of experience, but done in such a fashion that leaves you feeling beat up, less than, and drained (unless you have super high confidence and self-esteem)

4. "Once the best place to work for, but awful since Center point took over."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

I worked at Center Point full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company is a great program for our clients. It is a community based treatment program that has turned a lot of lives around.

Cons

They do not give raises, not even cost of living raises. Too much with and not enough employees. Unrealistic expectations. A lot of office politics, backstabbing, and snakes.

Advice to Management

Encouragement, raises and more positive feedback would be more effective than only acknowledging the negatives.

"Client Services Assistant"

Former Employee - CSA in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - CSA in San Rafael, CA

I worked at Center Point (Less than a year)

Pros

As the CSA for the Multi Service center office of Center Point you achieve a true feeling of accomplishment watching people struggling for sobriety achieve their goal and move on to a better life. My coworkers were a true join to work with and we helped keep each other sane during the tough times and I will truly miss working side by side with them

Cons

I will not bash a former employer. I refuse to fill this section out other than to say if you are expecting something from a job here be prepared to an uphill battle.

Advice to Management

Support your employees instead of bullying them

"Case Manager"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Colton, CA
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Colton, CA

Pros

I get paid, and they do provide some services, to people with substance abuse disorder. They seem to be more concerned with the financial aspect at this point,.

Cons

Authoritarian style management. There little follow up or discussion on implementation of program requirements. Many providers are displeased, case mangers are constantly threatened with, "being fired." The management is demanding, and uses fear of termination as a motivator to have employees and subcontractors complete requirements. No wrap around services. Devalues advocacy and altruism.

Advice to Management

Learn to work with others.

"Both Good and Bad"

I worked at Center Point full-time

Pros

Given a number of unique opportunities that helped me grow professionally and become a far better and more skilled counselor than I was when I started.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations at times, lack of support, lack of sufficient training, kind of just thrown in to sink or swim.

"Good reasons for constant high turnover rate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

I worked at Center Point full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None at all...the guards, aka senior management, make sure of that

Cons

Bad management, bad pay, bad benefits, no personal growth possible, questionable business practices, employees treated like prisoners, or at best, kindergartners

Advice to Management

Board of Directors should oust the E.D. Company needs a truly independent audit by a new CPA firm that is not in the E.D.s pocket.

"Absolutely the worst organization I have ever worked for."

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Rafael, CA

I worked at Center Point full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Made me appreciate how much better other jobs were.

Cons

They house people transitioning from the judicial system but the employees are treated like they are convicted criminals. If you have very low self esteem, it might be a good fit but really you should just not even apply here.

Advice to Management

I tried at my exit interview and I doubt it did any good.

10. "Exciting, upward mobility, educating"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chino Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chino Hills, CA

I worked at Center Point full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great on-going training to be your best.

Cons

Need more hands-on with supervisors

Advice to Management

None