CentricsIT Reviews | Glassdoor

Derek Odegard

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Peachtree Corners, GA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Peachtree Corners, GA

I have been working at CentricsIT full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've worked here for almost 10 years and have been treated fairly, paid fairly and consider this company a great place to work, even in a tough and demanding industry. If you are a hard working and focused employee you will have every opportunity to succeed and prosper at CentricsIT

Cons

As the company has grown, communication among the divisions has lacked some, however that is to be expected with rapid growth

Advice to Management

Stay aware and involved with all levels of staff and recognize and reward those worry

2. "Waste of Time"

Former Employee - Operations in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Operations in Norcross, GA

I worked at CentricsIT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A few good people left.

Cons

They use you up and throw you away in a ruthless and callous manner and then nickel and dime your last check as if their very existence depends on the 4 hours they deliberately short your last check or the few dollars they refuse to pay you for your expenses. Exempt employees are supposed to be paid for the entire day but they only pay through the hour laid off as if paying an hourly employee. Yet, I am certain I never got paid one single penny of overtime for the hundreds of hours forced to work. Meanwhile, a manager, who does get paid to work nights and weekends, is never anywhere to be found, and, without giving anyone a heads up, removed his name from the after hours call list so he doesn't get called (and actually have to do his job) so his calls go to the employees in his group who then have to field calls all weekend on their personal cell phones. Personal time is not valued or respected and neither are people (at least in operations). You are expected to be available 24x7, on your personal phone, but you are definitely not compensated fairly. Employees doing nonexempt jobs are classified as exempt so they don't have to pay overtime. You will have to carry the slack for certain individuals, who routinely do sub-par work -- if they work at all since every member of their extended family has had major surgery or passed at least twice, maybe three times or they are doing another craft project and at Walmart because their hot glue gun is out of glue sticks again, but it's not a problem for certain individuals, even though it creates a very lopsided, unbalanced, toxic work environment. It really is exhausting when you have to constantly watch your back, always track your money and can never let your guard down with your employer. No opportunity for growth, they would prefer you not grow and have no desire to advance because you might expect a raise then. They are constantly laying off people and trying to hire replacements at rock bottom salaries.

Advice to Management

You will never hear the word quality and very few people take pride in their work or the organization. If you have high standards, a good work ethic and a shred of common sense, you will be miserable and will not be comfortable with the image projected by others who do not. You will also be uncomfortable seeing the "short-cuts" devised at the expense of customers, vendors and employees. It's a small world and an even smaller industry and people talk.

"Great Opportunity to Learn"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Norcross, GA

I worked at CentricsIT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Heavy emphasis on positive company culture and relationship building with coworkers which was a nice change of pace for me, coming to Centrics after working for a buttoned-up global corporation. As the company is consistently growing and changing, there are always new opportunities to get your feet wet in new areas and learn different aspects of the business. I took away learning experiences from my time at Centrics that I never would have expected, and met a lot of really great people during my time there.

Cons

The company is growing and changing rapidly, so you have to be flexible and nimble, and willing to take on extra/new responsibilities to get the job done. Like any younger company, Centrics experiences growing pains and so flexibility is key.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep your people first, they are your #1 asset!

"Great Decision"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Norcross, GA

I have been working at CentricsIT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was came over from within the Industry. I was nervous about losing my customers, but that has proven not to be the case. They have not only stayed with me, but CentricsIT has more to offer them, thus my business has grown. The commission payout is 5% higher than where I was at, and they paid me a signing bonus.

Cons

so far so good, but you know how that goes.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay involved with all of your employees. I have seen a change back to that culture, and it's appreciated.

"Lack of real management and false promises"

Current Employee - Operations in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Operations in Norcross, GA

I have been working at CentricsIT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Near good food places that's all I can think of.

Cons

Everything, Lack of management as they hire inexperienced managers who get the employees to do their job because they can't. Everyone walks around the office with no clue of what they are actually suppose to be doing. Gossip, politics and lots of scandals you would think this place was a reality show. This job has become so disappointing with all the lies and false promises of career growth when in reality there is none and they treat you as if you are a peasant. Not a fun workplace as they promote just a facade.

Advice to Management

Hire real management and get a real infrastructure and quit spending time writing fake positive reviews and removing the REAL reviews.

"Service Delivery Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Pros

Management empowers each employee to do their best and contribute whenever necessary. They actually listen, as well.

Cons

Pay is not competitive for the operation/logistic employees.

Advice to Management

Reward the operations team like you do sales as they contribute to the sales process as much as any sales rep.

"Fun Environment - Suffering from Growing Pains and a Changing Market"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I worked at CentricsIT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment and bonuses for sales reps. Monthly luncheon to celebrate the month end. Daily laughs! Nice clean office and good gym and shower facility. Most of the other employees are amazing people.

Cons

It's a medium sized company striving for a worldwide presence. There were some knee jerk decisions made that were not optimal. If you are a guy - this is a Frat house heaven - if you are a woman - watch your step - the same rules do not apply.

8. "Good young company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Norcross, GA

I have been working at CentricsIT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High energy and fast growing.

Cons

It can be a chaotic workplace at times

9. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at CentricsIT full-time

Pros

Great environment, that is laid back and challenging. Love how CentricsIT is not comfortable with their success, and always looking to expand into other areas of growth.
    Fun place to grow, where they do company lunches, holiday parties, and community service.

Cons

probably keep some employees around longer than they should

"Exciting and rewarding place to work"

I worked at CentricsIT full-time

Pros

The culture is top notch. Not only is it a work hard play hard mentality, but if you are a hard worker and ready to learn, they certainly reward you for your efforts. Also, when I was looking to further my education in a certain area of expertise, the company paid for the certification course.

Cons

Learning how to balance the work hard - play hard mentality, which isn't a bad problem to have