The latest conversations about Consulting
Got a burning question about Chemonics International? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Chemonics International employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people to work with" (in 43 reviews)
- "Great opportunities to develop skills and be promoted." (in 34 reviews)
- "Friendly, professional, lot of opportunity available, great people" (in 27 reviews)
- "Colleagues were great (for the most part), and are some of the smartest and most dedicated you'll find." (in 22 reviews)
- "No work life balance and hard to do everything asked" (in 52 reviews)
- "Low Pay and a lot of overtime that is uncompensated" (in 34 reviews)
- "The only real downside is the low salaries for people with less experience." (in 23 reviews)
- "You can have some bad managers that make your experience crappy." (in 20 reviews)
- "You can work hard and long hours but that alone doesn't give you a chance to be promoted." (in 18 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Chemonics International and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 694 of over 817 reviews
Updated Sep 22, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 2.0Sep 20, 2023Senior Program ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsWashington, DC
Competent, hard workers are rewarded with travel or "out of scope" stretch opportunities that are interesting. People are overall GREAT. DC office is really nice. Time off is pretty good - it's still a remote by choice workplace so generally people don't track your whereabouts all the time; if you get your work done you can pretty much keep the hours that work for you.
If you work on a PMU in any capacity expect to be overstretched at all times. It's not enough to just support your program, you also have to be doing multiple other workflows to be considered "supporting" the division adequately. I cannot honestly say that I have a work-life balance. Staffing decisions are often completely baffling - people will be hired with no demonstrable work experience.
Chemonics International Reviews FAQs
Chemonics International has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 817 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Chemonics International to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.
75% of Chemonics International employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Chemonics International 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.