Cherwell Software Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Sam Gilliland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Growing pains seem to be getting worse, good people are leaving" (in 13 reviews)

• "They will preach about how we care about our employees and work life balance yet you are shunned if you dont answer emails on days off or the evenings" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Cherwell is a Rising Star"

I have been working at Cherwell Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cherwell has a great culture of putting customers first. This sounds cliche, but this is what our customers tell us day in and day out. The Cherwell product is also great and moving in the right direction.

Cons

Cherwell has gone through a lot of change over the last 2 years...all the recent executive hires including the CEO have been very good adds to the company.

Nov 1, 2018 – Associate Communications Specialist

We’re happy you love it here at Cherwell. Thank you for taking the time to share your love of the Cherwell family with everyone!

2. "Getting better every day! Looking great for 2019."

I have been working at Cherwell Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New executive leadership sets the right vision
    Getting rid of "legacy" attitude and poor performers
    Forrester and Gartner recognition is helping us differentiate from competition
    2019 investments and plans look fabulous for employees and the opportunity to win

Cons

Still some "old, tired" attitudes lingering around

Advice to Management

Keep investing, bringing in new/experienced people, stay the course.

Dec 13, 2018 – Associate Communications Specialist

3. "Company growing in the right direction!"

Current Employee - Administration in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Administration in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Cherwell Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, benefits, flexible schedule. Very friendly co-workers.

Cons

Need more employee education and career development. Let’s grow our talent from within the organization.

Advice to Management

Recognize the great employees who already work with company and develop their growth.

Dec 13, 2018 – Associate Communications Specialist

Thank you for the input and suggestion! We appreciate your kind words and our constant improvement is of the upmost important to us.

"I had to get out"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Cherwell Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There was an office. It had chairs.

Cons

Demoralizing. Nearly 30% turnover rate. Not as shiny as the fake reviews being planted by Marketing would lead you to believe. Sad to see a good company swirling the drain. If they were public, you would know how badly things are going. An interview with KKR would be interesting. Tomato, Tomato.

Advice to Management

Deal with the Strategic Initiatives Team and the PM/BA (who are multiplying like rabbits) are not the people at Cherwell actually doing the work. Some pretty box will get checked and everything that was bad before will still be bad, but they will have moved on to ruining another function. They are a disrespectful, ego-filled bunch and you will be losing more good people now that work ethics and doing what is right for the company no longer matter.

5. "Great small business feel with Enterprise goals"

Current Employee - Sales in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Cherwell Software (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy going, work at your own pace. Small company feel, with large goals. They do their best to cater to the employees in the way of amenities. Pay is great, benefits as well. Communication is very good, they have ways to give feedback to upper management anonymously and they listen.

Cons

PTO is really the biggest issue. The amount is very little compared to other companies. If they allowed time off without pay that may be a step in the right direction. They either need more PTO or a PTO and sick day bucket. Lastly we need SOP's for internal use.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing. Onward and upward.

Dec 6, 2018 – Associate Communications Specialist

We’re happy you love it here at Cherwell. Thank you for taking the time to share your love of the Cherwell family with everyone. Your concerns have been read and we are working to constantly improve... More

"The Koolaid had grown sour"

I worked at Cherwell Software full-time

Pros

Great peers. I still have good relationships with everyone I worked with to get a job done. The boots on the ground made it plenty of fun. Also, free beer.

Cons

I didn't have kids. I wasn't 40. The age remarks and how I was young and single so I should work later and longer grew very old very quick. There was smoke in mirrors. Marks to hit for promotions were moving targets. Finger pointing was rampant. HR at the time had a massive problem with gossiping.

Advice to Management

Own your mistakes. Stop alienating younger talent. Have a spine. Stop making your subordinates out to be the problem while insisting they're also the solution.

Nov 7, 2018 – Associate Communications Specialist

Thank you for sharing honestly! We appreciate the constructive feedback and are always looking for ways that we can continue to improve. We've taken this feedback and shared it with the appropriate... More

"Been working here for a few months"

I have been working at Cherwell Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, Workspace, Friendly Management, Flexible Schedules

This company has a lot going for it, there is no shortage of work and it feels like a very well funded start-up.
    The product is smart and innovative and the company is on a steep upward trajectory. People here feel genuinely excited about the future of the company and their potential to move upward as they hire at a rapid pace.

Cons

I’m coming in on the tail end of a rough transition period. As I understand it, the company had a very slower pace culture. Any time there is aggressive expansion, some people will become disgruntled. From what I’ve seen at this company, I’m happy I made the decision to come work here.

Advice to Management

Keep us growing! :)

Oct 23, 2018 – Associate Communications Specialist

"Two Companies: One half good, the other awful"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Cherwell Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The product, engineering, support and operations teams are great. Leadership cares, is responsive and works hard to implement change. There is a lot of investment in these groups and it's starting to really pay off. The company embraces working remote and has the tools necessary to make that happen. Now that most of the "old guard" has been given the boot it's possible for the company to make the rest of the changes necessary to grow.

The work environment is good. If you're not remote, the office environment is nice with plenty of the standard perks. If you are remote, they are good about including you and provide excellent hardware. There's a solid product vision and you won't get bored. It's been a challenging two years, but that's part of being somewhere for the long-term.

Cons

The sales and marketing departments are abysmal. Until they change the leadership in those departments, or get some leadership, I'd stay away. Most of the attention is there, and it shows. The current management, and I mean from the top to the mid-level are all behaving badly and generating excuses faster than real ideas. Since there are a lot of eyes on this I'm hoping it changes soon.

If you want a stable company that is not going through change, this isn't the place for you. There's still a group of folks at Cherwell who want it to be a small company, and another group that were brought in under the old management that didn't know how to hire competent leaders. Until those people move on there's going to be friction.

Advice to Management

You've dealt with the problems in R&D, HR, IT, Support and Operations. Time to finish the job! The CEO is new, and I get him wanting to understand before making a decision, but most people have been here for years and are running out of patience with the promises that "we're almost there." Good people are only going to be so patient before they start looking elsewhere.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Cherwell Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Inviting culture, everyone is happy to work here and friendly to newcomers, get to work on fun projects, everyone is interested in improving the products, great customers who are really engaged, awesome annual customer conference with really impactful speakers where we create and demo a customer-requested feature on-the-fly, most managers are very approachable, profit-sharing, most people WFH at least 2 days a week, so great work/life balance.

Cons

A lot of employees live up near Denver and have to drive down to the Springs. Not a bad drive, but with hailstorms and winter storms, can get pretty long. Open offices have a lot of drawbacks and to work, people need to be educated on keeping their voices lower during conversations at desks and taking conference calls in conference rooms. That's not happening currently and it gets really loud.

Oct 23, 2018 – Associate Communications Specialist

Thanks for sharing your Cherwell experience. Our goal is to make the great things greater and improve in the areas that could use change.

10. "Business Development"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Cherwell Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Environment, Pay and Incentives, Culture

Cons

Lots of recent change, however, the future direction and gameplans appear to be finalized.

Advice to Management

NA

Oct 23, 2018 – Associate Communications Specialist

We appreciate the feedback. We hope you’ll continue to be an awesome member of the Cherwell team!