KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 182 of over 185 reviews

4.2
ClickUp CEO Zeb Evans
Zeb Evans

What people are saying about ClickUp

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The benefits are good.(in 26 reviews)
  • "The people are awesome to work with and overall the culture is great.(in 24 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with(in 20 reviews)
  • "Excellent core values that are really exemplified through the crew every single day!(in 12 reviews)
  • "Leadership team is brilliant and always eager to help/teach(in 9 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of ClickUp and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company, frenetic pace, with opportunities for personal growth alongside other motivated individuals.

Jun 19, 2022 - Solutions Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing team and product. Constant opportunities to directly impact customer and product outcomes. Good pay and equity.

Cons

If you are looking for a rigid corporate environment where everything is defined, don’t come work here.

2. 2.0

Complete and Utter chaos in Engineering

Jun 22, 2022 - Engineering Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Base salary compensation is good. There are some good perks and benefits. There are some smart people The product has some traction. plenty of funds to survive this economic environment. No work/life balance

Cons

Complete lack of leadership or strategy in engineering. This could be coming from product and business (since I don't have visibility into how it gets pushed down) but not sure. Low standard hiring loop and interview process. You will be thrown into the fire and won't be set up for success. Figure it out on your own. No coordination or strategy from upper management. Monolithic architecture makes scaling hard. The product has tons of bugs and customer complaints and the organization has no patience or focus to solve the quality problems. Infrastructure is complex, poorly designed, and hard to manage. The infrastructure is not in code and therefore hard to replicate. performance problems galore.

6 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

CEO with Character

May 26, 2022 - Business Mgt
    Business Outlook

Pros

All these reviews who judge a CEO based on his clothes or decisions that are made by the business. Here is a CEO that has real character - who he is when no one is looking. Heard TWO Zeb stories today and it needs to be shared (because Zeb is not the guy that would tell this story): STORY #1: Zeb (CEO) overhears someone at the company talk about how much he wanted LASIK surgery, but couldn’t afford it. Zeb surprised him and paid for it out of his own pocket. No announcement, no press release, just a quiet gesture to someone at the company. STORY #2: An employee who had been with ClickUp for only 6 months lost his father. Zeb paid for the funeral. Again, no pomp and circumstance...just quiet empathy and support for a fellow teammate going through a painful moment. I thought I knew but I clearly didn't. I'm so grateful to have heard these stories. Examples of his character - a leader who quietly and gracefully helps his team live their lives.

Cons

We all make mistakes and growing a company isn't easy. Zeb and his leadership team are people, they make mistakes but who he is and what he represents...he's the real deal.

6 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast growing company, some growing pains, huge opportunity

Jun 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The company moves fast—This is exactly what some would expect from a startup in an incredibly competitive market. If you're a builder, this is the place for you. - Enthusiasm is infectious—The team is incredibly passionate, excited, and it's rare you get caught in the jaded negativity of some other companies. - Extremely smart and talented team—ClickUp just went on a hiring push and brought in a ton of experience from the outside. - Stock options and 401k matching, as well as 100% of health insurance covered. - Even though its remote-first, the office is amazing. They also take care of remote workers with WeWork passes for those who want it.

Cons

Mostly internal growing pains—the company went from 200-800 in a year, so it's mostly figuring out how all the new departments and groups will work together. Process and frameworks don't really exist but are currently being built. Pretty classic building the engine while you're flying the plane situation.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 2.0

I would NEVER recommend someone work at ClickUp

May 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are good people at ClickUp, as you will find anywhere. Tons of them were unnecessarily laid off yesterday in favor of hiring offshore. I was not one of them, but seeing it on LinkedIn pushed me to write this review. The pay is typically pretty good and benefits are decent.

Cons

First off, more than half of the reviews on here are falsified. I was someone on a small team (only 3 of us had the same title) and a review came out claiming to be one of us. That was the alert that a ton of them are fake. Look at the ones with all caps in the title, the ones absolutely raving about the company with no cons to name (there are cons at every company). The chief business officer (what even is that?) is not fit for leadership and the CEO knows it. He hires selfish leaders, and is really just a glorified recruiter. Unfortunately it’s nearly impossible to stay away from his org, since he runs more than 3/4 of the company. The leader of my org sat under him, and was absolutely terrible. Every interaction depended heavily on her mood, she openly disliked people who hadn’t held prestigious roles prior to joining the company, etc. The leadership in general is a toxic bunch. I sat in many meetings where they threw people under the bus openly. Promotions are few and far between. The company is chaotic. The CEO thinks he’s a genius, and only ever talks about his near-death experiences.

21 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good job, but comes with some struggles

Jun 11, 2022 - Customer Support Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, health benefits and open to communication

Cons

CONSTANT changes, inconsistency and slight transparency. No communication within departments and changes that go unheard sometimes. Not the worst, but I wouldnt apply unless you're prepared to consistently relearn the Standard Operating Processes.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company culture

May 31, 2022 - Customer Service Specialist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly working environment. You would want to contribute more!

Cons

I can't think of anything at the moment

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good in general

Jun 7, 2022 - Attorney in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting work, Startup mentality. Good company culture and benefits package

Cons

Very poor management in general

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee

A great place to work

May 30, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great place to work

Cons

No cons as of yet

10. 3.0

Not the best experience

Jun 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Fun perks and good benefits -Decent pay -Growing company, so lots of opportunities to move around

Cons

-Personally, I had a very bad experience with HR. Not in the slightest bit interested in my wellbeing. -Stressful role with a lot of pressure on you to meet numbers and timeframes -Stressful shifts -Diversity is LACKING. If you're a white millenial man, you're in luck.

5 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 182 Reviews

ClickUp Reviews FAQs

ClickUp has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 185 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at ClickUp to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, ClickUp employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at ClickUp. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

79% of ClickUp employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated ClickUp 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at ClickUp to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance .

Popular Careers with ClickUp Job Seekers