Found 2,051 of over 4K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Bad management and make you move around" (in 50 reviews)
- "Fake people REALLY BAD MANAGERS" (in 33 reviews)
- "Long hours and man projects to manage." (in 16 reviews)
- "Mid management needs to align with senior management on personnel policies and start working towards the development of their reports, in order to get people motivated and more committed to their roles" (in 16 reviews)
- "The upper management does not give a crap about you." (in 15 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Colgate-Palmolive and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Nov 30, 2023Project ManagerFormer EmployeeNew York, NY
Nice employees and good working culture
Can be extremely busy during certain periods and not enough advancement opportunities if you are not mobile
- 2.0Aug 30, 2023Associate Brand ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsNew York, NY
- Overall, people are nice and easy to work with - Hybrid work situation is pretty relaxed and seems to work well - Global opportunities, if you’re interested in working abroad (for marketing)
- Too much work, too few resources, resulting in working long hours, especially in marketing (each employee doing 2-3 jobs for the pay of 1) - Very low pay (especially compared to other post-MBA options), very small bonuses — it’s difficult to live in NYC on salary - Office politics, bureaucracy, faux positivity > change, growth, creating value and impact - Slow career progression, especially when compared to other post-MBA options - MBA no longer required to work in marketing and you don’t get any sort of title / pay bonus when entering after grad school2
- 4.0Aug 15, 2023HR ProfessionalCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNew York, NY
Colgate is a really wonderful place to work! The employee population is an interesting mix of tenured employees who have grown their careers at CP (lots of institutional knowledge!) and newer people who bring their outside expertise to the business. There is a ton of passion and enthusiasm from employees, especially around our Company Values - Caring, Courageous, Inclusive - which really underpin everything we do as a company. Stable company, awesome brands/products, lots of really cool innovation being developed, and tons of opportunity to make an impact on the future of the business.
Technology in the HR space should be updated; hard to get involved in extra-curricular activities.
- 5.0Oct 10, 2023Global Legal DirectorFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsNew York, NY
Excellent values; great family-work life balance. Opportunity for advancement and international assignment.
Nothing to say here, really.
- 5.0Sep 11, 2023Senior AuditorFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsNew York, NY
People are generally pleasant to work with an for a corporation I feel as if they tend to be as caring as possible.
Most corporations are in an never ending chase to beat competition’s profitability and market share and thus can result in pressure on your regular employee including them being squeezed out.
- 4.0Sep 27, 2023Logistics/Customer ServiceCurrent Employee
I intern with Colgate in Arkansas and for an intern they pay very well and teach you all the basics to prepare you for the future in business.
There has been substantial turnover in my department. However, the manager is handling it well
Colgate-Palmolive Reviews FAQs
Colgate-Palmolive has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 3,715 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at Colgate-Palmolive to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
87% of Colgate-Palmolive employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Colgate-Palmolive 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.