Colgate-Palmolive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

IT Production Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Piscataway, NJ).

Interview

Phone interview which follows up with on site, 3 round of interviews with supervisors & managers. Fairly simple process. First round was a supervisor and manager; they explained the job requirements and how the team is crucial to the companies production of products. Second round interview was technical- Asked about unix/linux, spoke on my experience from previous internship.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you were part of a team and experienced troubles. Provide how you overcame the troubles.   3 Answers

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

The interview process at Colgate begins with a phone screen with an HR Manager. It is fairly straight forward regarding phone screens. Typical walk through your resume, highlight key achievements, discuss why you are interested in Colgate.

The in-person interview is based on typical behavioral interview questions...tell me about a time when you...(fill in the blank based on core competencies required for the job). Key highlight is (as it was explained) the interviewers use a standardized interview booklet. Your goal is to get the most points based on your responses. This is accomplished by providing details about what you did and why you did what you did and what was accomplished. Pretty straight forward.

Everyone at Colgate was VERY nice and didn't come across as trying to trip you up. They really seemed interested in understanding your experience and how well you would fit in Colgate.

Key point - make sure you know why you want to work at Colgate. Location in NYC is not a good response. Globalization, innovation, culture - are better. Make sure you do your ground work regarding Colgate. People are nice but it isn't a slide interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Colgate?   1 Answer

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Topeka, KS) in May 2011.

Interview

HR person called and set up for the phone interview. She gave me possible date and time for me to choose. After three days later, I had and interview. It took me about 30 min.
    Not a super friendly person but somewhat professional.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Topeka, KS) in June 2008.

Interview

It took 6 months to complete. Iniitialy there was a phone interview, then a personal interview with hiring manual and senior management. After about a month, an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Details on knowledge about competitors   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was easy, very good packge was offered including relocation

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was conducted as a Competency Based Interview where the panel of interviewers typically asks the candidate to describe situations which will ultimately result in a response that will highlight competency and skill set appropriate for success in the job applied for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were faced with a conflict and how you worked to resolve it   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Interview

Initial e-mail contact, followed by telephone to set up an additional follow up brief phone interview. Resume update and review. Face to face interview, then a thorough background investigation. During the background phase a complete physical is required at a medical facility followed by a hearing test.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you believe you are suited for the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Operator Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Morristown, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume, was contacted for a phone interview. After completing the interview I was sent to take a mechanical skills test. Had to sign a confidentiality form so I can't describe the test but I will say it was unlike anything I have ever done before. However after I got over the initial phase of the test it was smooth sailing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to make decisions with little or no supervision.   1 Answer

Operator Technician Interview

Interview

Testing was very easy, they all sit and watch you ensuring you follow the directions given. So, if you can read and comprehend what was read as well as listen to the verbal directions, you pass. Doesn't mean you get an interview.

Interview Questions

• No questions. You are given tasks to complete with specific instruction.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

Received a call from the HR manager to schedule an interview. Interviewed with three people including the hiring manager and HR manager. Process took about 2-3 weeks. Questions centered around previous experience with problem solving, using Excel, and my background overall. Each interview lasted about 30-45 minutes.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Interview

A very short phone interview with a recruiter. Scheduled via email through a school job board. Basic questions no star stories or behavioral questions. No case. Three or four questions after the walk me through your resume. Very loud typing. Didn't know many answers to specific Brand Management questions.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a HR telephone call which went for about 45 minutes. It was very conversational and I really enjoyed it. Opened with the classic 'Tell me about yourself' and then went into various aspects of the role. I asked questions about a few people I knew who worked there (and that she knew) and what opportunities are available.

Interview Questions

• Interviewed focused a bit more on 'big data' analytics than I originally expected. It's a core focus on my MBA and my summer internship before hand so was able to work through this.   Answer Question