Colgate-Palmolive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colgate-Palmolive Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Interview

After I applied online, I receive got a phone screen with the recruiter. then after two weeks, I was invited toonsite structured interviews with hiring managers and colleagues in different teams. One week later, the offer came.

Interview Questions

• Ver typical behavioral questions, highly structured. Nothing surprised if you prepare well   Answer Question

Technology Insights Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY).

Interview

You apply and then you will receive and email of whether you made it to the next round or if you haven't. If you made it it will be HR asking when you can talk. You first talk to HR and they'll ask about your resume. If you pass that you'll then talk to the person you would be walking under, they will ask you more about your experience in the field. You'll then get a call from HR if you are accepted or an email saying you didn't.

Interview Questions

• What experience prepared you for this job?   1 Answer

GIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Piscataway, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewers follow a script. Interview should feel conversational. They ask candidate many what-if questions yet spent little time discussing role. I'd like to have asked some questions as well. Felt disconnect.

Interview Questions

• So, tell us why are you here?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process took 6-7 months and consisted of 3 rounds: 1-on-1 with HR, and 2 conference calls with respectively HR director of Africa, and General manager for the region of Africa you will be based out of. Colgate targets for this position western educated Africans with no more than 3 years of experience and with a Master degree.The whole interview process was shady, confusing, predatory, and disorganized. And after going through it, I felt that Colgate-Palmolive does not value African applicants. I do not know if other applicants' groups get better treatment but it was the general consensus among applicants I talked to.
    The first round happened in NY and was supposed to be a 2 day event with a networking event the eve of interview day which was a Saturday. Sadly, the networking event never happened on Friday and no emails were sent out to let us know ahead of time. We traveled from all over the US at our own expenses (tickets, hotel rooms, food, etc). I do not expect them to pay for our expenses or mine but I do expect them to be respectful of our time and money. Some of us took a day off from work. Anyways, on interview day, there were only 2 HRs for an important number of candidates that were called for interview day. Some applicants like me had a schedule time for their interview and others not so much. Needless to say they couldn't interview everybody invited. Mind you that all the applicants present for interview day were invited and were supposed to be interviewed. Applicants came from all over the US. I knew personally two people from Indiana that weren't and were asked to go home after 6 hours of waiting around.
    The position itself is an 18-month rotational program that can turn into permanency based on your performance on the job. The program info were very vague. The HRs couldn't tell us exactly what the position entailed and it looked very much like they were putting together the program as they went. An HR admitted that it was their first time rolling out such a program for Africa to recruit applicants from abroad. After going through the whole process, this is mostly a sales/marketing job. If you already work in the US, this job may not be for you and even if you are just a non/international student graduating from Grad school with prospects of going back home, this position may not still be for you. The annual salary offered is less than $10,000. You got that right, it is less than $10,000 per year! What a shame! This is extremely low and as far as I'm concerned very insulting. They will tell you that they can only pay you "local" salaries because they supposedly do not want to cause conflicts within the workplace with local employees. But hey, some will tell you it is capitalism. I have a better word, this is servitude! Why is Colgate recruiting from abroad then if they can't pay you above local salaries? Whoever thought that was a good idea? For the majority of us that came to the US to study or work, we are looking for better opportunities. If you can, just sit this one out. If you are desperate, take it. But just remember that your US education cost you way more than that meager salary and if you are experienced, you can commend way way better salary than this in Africa. In terms of benefits, they do not offer any but medical aid. They won't pay also for your plane ticket if you were to accept their offer. Now, imagine living on less than $10,000 per year. In the country I was to be based out of if I had accepted their offer, a decent accommodation in a decent neighborhood starts at $800/month. My whole experience was disappointing. A company that does not treat well its applicants, you can tell does not value its employees. At least based on my experience and those of others, they do not value African applicants. This process was a complete waste of time!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Why do you want to go back to Africa, Tell me about a time you didn't have all the resources at your disposal to perform a job function and what actions did you take, Where do you see yourself in 5 years,   Answer Question

Salary was insulting

Plant Planner Interview

Interview

Standard application process via external website.Took about 2 weeks to receive feedback. I was then flown out to interview, after about 3 weeks I received an offer and negotiated salary. I was given 2 days to decide/accept offer.

Customer Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through the school and I was contacted within a couple of days for a phone interview. The interview was roughly 40mins just going through my resume and asking a couple of basic questions.

Customer Service and Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received call about understanding of the requirements of the internship, set and confirm phone interview date. Phone interview lasted around half an hour. Was told that was the only interview and that I would be contacted within 5 days of their decision. Never heard back. Was emailed and invited to come into the office by another employee who was meant to be in the phone interview but had to leave early. Short, informal interview at the office, met other interns, was told they would be in touch. Still have not been contacted. Pretty disappointed with the communication on their end.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Piscataway, NJ).

Interview

I was interviewed by a couple scientists who work for CP. Each person asked me questions for 20-30 minutes; a lot of the questions that were asked focused on how I performed in certain situations with my previous jobs. At the end of the interview process, I was able to briefly tour the research center. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time you experienced failure? How did you respond to this failure?   Answer Question

R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Piscataway, NJ).

Interview

You meet with a few managers from different groups who are looking to hire an intern. There's a pre-defined list of questions that they ask you. After they are done, you have the opportunity to talk about anything pertaining to the job/company

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to collaborate in a group.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you were faced with failure. How did you react?   Answer Question

Worldwide Director, Strategic Brand Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was referred through a headhunter, who had an exclusive. I submitted a resume and had an interview a week later. I met with the person who would working right below. My position was a creative one, but he was not a creative. I found it a little odd I was never asked to show any work. I also met with an HR person who was very nice and easy to talk to. The offices were predictably corporate, but friendly. There were many indications that there was a strong culture there, and that people who were suited for such an environment would be happy.

Interview Questions

• "How would change us? Who would you hire?"   1 Answer
    • Someone from HR asked me to tell them a challenge I had to overcome.   1 Answer