Colibrium Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Roy Stubbs

"Tons of opportunity and headed in right direction"

I worked at Colibrium full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Colibrium rewards hard work and results and values those who take the initiative. They've made several internal changes recently that should continue to increase profitability.

Flexible hours, great benefits (incl ample PTO) and a great Buckhead location combine to make this a great company to work for.

Cons

Management could be more transparent, but that likely applies to most companies.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to run the company based on the numbers as opposed to gut decisons. This process began before I left and should lead to more proactive (and less reactive) decisions. Last, I'd keep the team a bit more informed of internal happenings, no matter how minor they may seem.

Aug 8, 2016 – Director of Team Experience

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback - both positive, as well as where we need to improve. Our team is our #1 priority and knowing where we are doing well, as well as where we can do ... More

"Sinking ship"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Colibrium full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice office space in the heart of Buckhead. Casual dress code. Plenty of free desks available now that so many people have quit.

Cons

Long history of unhappy clients. An alarming percentage of the staff has voluntarily left in the space of about 9 months. Colibrium was purchased by a large company but they left the original management in charge, which was a mistake. No longer offers 401k matching, don't let the list of perks fool you.

Advice to Management

Step aside and let HGS replace you with a group of managers with vision and the ability to execute that vision. Many times you've announced a change in the company's vision and never followed through on any of them.

May 11, 2017 – Director of Team Experience

It's unfortunate that you feel the way you do about Colibrium, however, hopefully you have found a position in which you are better suited and happier. Colibrium is working very hard to raise the bar ... More

"In Serious Trouble"

I worked at Colibrium full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unfortunately there are no longer any pros to working at Colibrium...

Cons

Colibrium is doomed. Since August 2016 when the company moved back to Buckhead there has been a constant stream of departures, both voluntary and involuntary... People from Senior Management, the CEO was fired the head of Marketing left, BA's fired, PM's fired, people jumping ship left right and center. People have no idea what is happening there, key people have left in the last month, it is only a matter of when not if, the company closes for good.
    Avoid at all costs.

Advice to Management

COO and CFO need to go, serious changes need to happen if Colibrium is to be saved. But nothing will probably be done and the Company will no longer be in business..

May 11, 2017 – Director of Team Experience

"Good Seasonal work"

Former Employee - Health Insurance Agent in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Health Insurance Agent in Norcross, GA

I worked at Colibrium full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great salary base and commission bonus

Cons

Lack of Professionalism in Management

Jul 11, 2016 – Director of Team Experience

Thanks for your review, however, I think you have posted on the wrong employer's page. You are probably looking for HGS (formerly Colibrium Direct) as we do not employ health insurance agents. If you ... More

"Authoritarian Management Style"

Former Employee - Consultant in Buckhead, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Buckhead, GA

I worked at Colibrium full-time

Pros

Opportunity to learn very fast. Everyone is very sharp

Cons

Micromanagement is very high. Stress level us to the roof. This place is sweat shop. The owner treat employees like dirt. Turnover is extremely high.

Advice to Management

Stop being arrogant. Treat employee better.

Jul 11, 2016 – Director of Team Experience

We're sorry you had a negative experience with Colibrium. Not everyone is a fit for Colibrium, just as we may have not be a fit for you. Thank you for your feedback we will take it into consideration ... More

"On the rise!"

I worked at Colibrium full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Colibrium recognizes the real Product in the company are the people. Colibrium invests in their employees in multiple ways - excellent health benefits (100% coverage), great pay, work from home opportunities, high rise and open floor office space, happy hours, Waffle Wednesdays, office celebrations (even baby showers!). I had the opportunity to work everyday with talented coworkers solving problems on engaging client projects. The company culture has made a significant shift towards an IT start up feel. The office space is open concept and executives are on the floor with the rest of the company to promote collaboration and communication. Leadership will champion employees' career goals by allowing them to take on related work and pay for certifications. On occasion when client work requires late evenings, Colibrium will order in dinner for those employees.

Cons

Client work can be challenging because of the nature of our industry. Health insurers are constantly at the mercy of healthcare reform changes. Consultants at Colibrium must be flexible and have the ability to think on their feet to react to any regulatory changes. To me this is not a con, but more of a warning for those who are looking for a day to day support role.

Advice to Management

Great company - continue to invest in your people!

Mar 8, 2016 – Director of Team Experience

Thanks for your kind words - we certainly realize our people are our greatest asset and are doing our best to make that known on a daily basis.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Colibrium full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome office, great co-workers, fun events...we work hard but have a great time doing it! Great new-hire training, open-door policy with all levels of management. They understand that happy employees are more productive

Cons

Open Enrollment is a little hectic, but everyone pitches in to help out and it's really built up team morale and boosted camaraderie.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Love that we can all come to you at anytime.

Jan 22, 2016 – Director of Team Experience

Thank you so much for your review! We always love hearing feedback - both positive, as well as where we need to improve. As Colibrium continues to grow we are committed to always looking at ways to ... More

"Great opportunity"

I worked at Colibrium full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Colibrium opened the door to a second career for me as a Business Analyst. I have an analytical background but had not found my fit. I applied as a BA here mostly because I liked the job description and benefits...and I needed a new job. I am truly grateful for the chance they took on me. I enjoyed quarterly bonuses, great insurance, good pay, work from home Thursdays, free food and snacks, regular team lunches, happy hours, etc.. For the most part, everyone was enjoyable to work with. The company also took time to recognize hard workers and have fun with everyone. I still remember decorating a wall with giant stickers defining everyone's personality, taste testing competitions, and goofy stuff like that. I also received recognition one month for employee of the month. Most importantly, I learned a ton. I spent my first few months testing their software product. After that, I got the opportunity to travel to the client site and get my first ever interaction with clients in a consulting gig. I ended up travelling less than 15% of the time, but it was awesome breaking up the monotony of being in the office. It was a lot of pressure at times, but it was also challenging and fun. I found the biggest thing about working here is just be accountable and work hard. Management was always really flexible with my schedule and reasonable with my home needs. I got a lot of exposure in different areas of my new field. I've found that the training and diversity of hands-on experience at Colibrium has paid off hugely in my new role. I work for a much larger company as a BA now. I've already been brought into high profile client launches and been recognized by executive leadership in my new role. Not to mention, I still say in semi-regular contact with most of my project team.

Cons

I think the biggest thing was the disconnect between sales and delivery. Sometimes, we had to confront unrealistic expectations from the client. Overall, I know there was some dysfunction on the sales team. I know a lot of the issues were recognized and acted upon by management, though.
    Also, it is a consulting job. When you're working closely with the client, you usually end up working more hours. I'd say I averaged 50 hours in this role. That's not for everyone. I never felt my work-life balance jeopardized, though. My managers would always work with me for doctor appointments, vacations, etc.

Advice to Management

I really appreciated that management was transparent with me, I would encourage them to really keep that transparency as it makes it feel more like one team. Also, I would encourage more crossover from the delivery and sales teams. I always felt that was our biggest holdup as a company. That said, I have to say thank you very much for the opportunity. I left to pursue something personal. I felt supported in that decision. I have felt everything that happened at Colibrium has made me a better person and a much, much better business analyst. I will carry my 2 years at Colibrium with me for a long time.

"Software Developer"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Roswell, GA

I worked at Colibrium full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Convenient office. Work from home 3 days a week. Nice co-workers. If you like repetitive task, you may like this position. Would be fun for someone who likes web forms more than MVC.

Cons

Changing work from home policy. Moving office. Unrealistic work expectations. Boring task. Unbelievably complicated code. The work environment is very sterile with little interaction with co-workers. I left on my own, but I know of co-workers that were fire for not working 15-20 hours of unpaid overtime each week. To be honest after about 3 weeks, I hated each day that I went to work.

Advice to Management

If you are going to require overtime, you need to pay for it.

"Best Developer Job I have worked at"

Current Employee - Solution Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Solution Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Colibrium full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Developers work on interesting and challenging projects from the product development projects to client projects. If you like Microsoft tools (MVC, SQL Server) and C# this is a great place to work, as the company provides the most up-to-date development tools and a large product codebase to work in. Company is making a big push into CRM development using major platforms like Microsoft Dynamics.
    Colibrium has some of the smartest people I have ever worked with including developers, analysts, and management.

Cons

Company has had its share of struggles with the economy as it has been for the past few years, but has always tried to keep the best and the brightest along the way. Management has been very transparent with us over the last few years with what has been going on.
    Large investment by the new parent company should help smooth out the ups and downs in the future.

Roswell office location is not good for me, but software development side of company is moving back to Buckhead (YAY!).

Advice to Management

Continue listening to your employees. Support your employees when they work with the clients