Compass Reviews | Glassdoor

Compass Reviews

Updated February 21, 2019

4.6

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Having recently entered the real estate industry, there was some concern that I might end up at a place that does not fully care about me as a person" (in 13 reviews)

• "Compass has a great company culture and environment to work in" (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • "definitely fast-paced, you've got to like that" (in 38 reviews)

• "The company is growing too fast instead of fixing a lot of internal problems" (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing. Simply Amazing."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Compass full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having recently joined Compass, all I can say about the company, its mission, and the people in it is ..... "simply amazing". Compass is a unicorn. It is that rare company that combines passion, focus, execution, vision, and has a heart and a soul. It values its agents and employees, putting them at the center of what it does. It innovates relentlessly, looking to build solutions that matter. It services its agents with passion, ensuring their success. And, the company consistently looks to get better. It is fast moving, willing to take risks, and willing to learn. The company that does all of this will win. That company is Compass. Every market has its dominant player and winner. Compass will win because it leads with vision, passion, empathy, and has the resourcing, focus, and commitment to change the industry.

Cons

The only con is also a pro. The company is not satisfied with good. It wants great. Being great isn't easy, so if you prefer settling, this isn't your place.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward. Changing an industry is hard. But, we are well down the road.

2. "Family Feel and Constant Reassurance"

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in Manhattan Beach, CA

I have been working at Compass full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are ever need assistance, for anything, you can reach out to a variety of willing team members who will happily point you in the right direction.
    Everyone at the company wants you to succeed at what you are doing.
    Very diverse employment background.

Cons

I do not have any cons at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Great company, people and training!"

Current Employee - Transaction Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Transaction Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Compass full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits. Quality training. No other brokerage has this much support from within and cares about it's employees. Amazing values and big picture is exciting to be a part of.

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment!

Advice to Management

None

"Great company that's still finding itself"

Current Employee - Senior Designer
    Current Employee - Senior Designer

I have been working at Compass full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good culture, communicative management, clear structure, good products, good growth.

Cons

big work loads, nebulous priorities, inconsistent benefits

Advice to Management

I think you are on the right path. Clarity in communication is very important at this stage. There was confusion about some benefits like cell-phone reimbursement, catered lunch, parking, etc. Read through the benefits comments on Glassdoor and you'll see a huge variety in benefits that change based on location. I was disappointed to find out my market didn't have catered meals or cell reimbursement when other companies I've worked for in the same market did provide them.

5. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Product Expert
    Current Employee - Product Expert

I have been working at Compass full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For a company that's growing as fast as it is, the leadership team really listens to its employees and ensures that culture comes first.

Great people, great benefits, and an environment where I'm constantly learning!

Cons

Since we're expanding like crazy, we're currently outgrowing our current space.

6. "The best choice I have made"

Current Employee - Director of Training & Coaching in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Training & Coaching in New York, NY

I have been working at Compass full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best things about working at Compass is the culture they have created and live by. Three things that really stick out to me about my experience working here are from their guiding principles. Dreaming big is something that is an everyday aspect of working here. Too often you can be limited in your vision and dreams when working somewhere. Compass allows you to dream big and you are surrounded by big dreamers coming from the CEO, leadership, and all of my co-workers which changes the way you feel about the work you do and provides a real sense of mission.
    The second is “Move Fast”. Working at Compass you can move fast to focus on results and not the process. Compass provides the space for you to contribute to those around you by not being bogged by complexities that are opposite to why you decided to do a job.
    The third is “Learning from Reality”. I love that in a faced paced industry that Compass is willing to grow and adapt with the change. Consumer behaviors are micro trends specific to each market and Compass allows us to be able to support agents in a way they need to succeed.
    The last one for me is the leadership. They are caring, sincere, and supportive. Being a driven individual who constantly has the need to help others the leadership has supported my growth in helping the agents at Compass. They are open minded, driven, and the best leaders I have had the opportunity to work with.
    I owned my own company for 10+ years and have been self-employed my entire career before coming to Compass. I have found this to be one of the best experiences I have had and continue to feel inspired every day. In an industry like Real Estate that touches everyone you need this type of culture to succeed and truly help others. I am thankful that Compass finally created it and it shows in the 1,500+ employees.

Cons

None at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. You are making a difference in the lives of people around the country from us employees, agents, and consumers who are happier because of the experience Compass creates.

7. "Best real estate company ever!"

Pros

Culture , collaborative, innovative, great leadership.

Cons

Fast paced, organizational challenges, need consistency with systems and communication.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring talent! Protect the culture as we grow.

8. "Real Estate Sales PErson"

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in New York, NY

I have been working at Compass full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great collaborative culture. People are generous with information

Cons

Lots of changes as the company grows so quickly

Advice to Management

Slow down on introducing new tech. Perfect the existing systems first

9. "Awesome"

Former Employee - Agent Client Manager
    Former Employee - Agent Client Manager

I worked at Compass full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture and overall people are very inspiring to be around.

Cons

Don't have anything negative to say!

10. "Awsome forward-thinking company"

Current Employee - Realtor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Realtor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Compass full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Industry leading tech. Amazing, minimalist marketing. Support on tap! Making it really easy for agents to out there and get listings.

Cons

Can't think of any right now.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.