KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Compass Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 532 of over 532 interviews

Employee Referral15%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Compass

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass

Interview

HR call, tech screen using SQL moderate, Final loop has 5 rounds, one sql easy, one python moderate, one design moderate, 2 behavioural round. It is quite smooth and have ample time to prepare between rounds.

Interview Questions
  • Data modeling questions, sql joins and aggregations Python coding using loops, dictionaries General concepts of Big data
    Answer Question

Compass

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Compass

Interview

the inital scrreening was a karat interview there were next 3 tech rounds with one round on DSA, one on language fundamentals and the other one is System design the final round was a 1 hiring manager round

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Compass

Join the conversation on

Consulting Exit Opportunities

1y

works at

KPMG

Holy crap… Just interviewed at Compass and they are killing it.  Sounds like a great company. Anybody at compass who can speak on the culture?

10 Comments

Join the conversation on

Compass

Application

I interviewed at Compass

Interview

Personal & minimal. Meet with team leaders over coffee then meet the office sales manager to discuss details. Very efficient process. Some paperwork took longer than expected though. In the end it worked out.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Compass

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass in Aug 2022

Interview

The interview process was long, but I throughly enjoyed it! First, I had a phone screening with a recruiter which went over the basics- experience, background, e.t.c. Then I had a three, 30-minute interviews with people who I would be working with on the marketing team. Lastly, I prepared a 20-minute presentation that I shared with the same 3 people I did the interviews with.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a multi-channel marketing strategy you would propose to a low-budget client.

Compass

Application

I interviewed at Compass

Interview

Got this chance through headhunter. They arrange this interview in a week. Interviewers are polite and nice. Thought the interview result is positive, there is not HC for this position. No further explainations.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Compass

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass in Jul 2022

Interview

Very lengthy and weird hiring process. It took 3 weeks to be interviewed by 4 people. They had little to no enthusiasm, hardly cracked a smile and seemed bored out of their minds. My gut feeling leaned toward not interviewing at all, I should have listened.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself Why real estate? What skills do you bring to the table?

Compass

Application

I interviewed at Compass

Interview

Very Straighforward, I applied online and had a few interviews with different people on the team. I then received call back to talk with hiring manager a few weeks after initial interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Compass

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Compass

Interview

Initially had a phone interview with the recruiter who informed me that the interview process would consist of five interviews. Once that interview was done, I was connected with three Workplace Managers (one which would be my manager). I was then set up with another set of interviews. One was with the Regional Operations Manager, and the other with the Sales Manager for the office I was applying for. I was initially told it would be five people I interviewed with, but then I was asked to come back again for a final round. From there, I was then contacted by the recruiter and hired.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you did not meet expectations, and how did you handle it?

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, TX

Application

I interviewed at Compass (San Diego, TX)

Interview

Agent's are referred in by other Agents and sales production is evaluated to determine split levels. Also, reptation and industry contacts matter. Met several times with strategic growth manager in the process. Great experience.

Interview Questions
  • Why Compass? Who do you know that is currently in the team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I interviewed at Compass (Oakland, CA)

Interview

Typical interview process. Interviewers are really nice. I liked the work they are doing and the problems they are trying to solve. Their product seems little less interesting at first, but they are using brand new technologies which increases the appeal factor by a significant amount.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Probability of choosing a point between non-intersecting rectangles 2. Number of connected components in a graph
Viewing 1 - 10 of 532 Interviews

Compass Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Compass as 45.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.85 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Product Expert and Marketing Advisor rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Strategic Growth Manager and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Compass takes an average of 23 days when considering 560 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Marketing Advisor had the quickest hiring process (on average 17 days), whereas Product Expert roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 31 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Compass according to 560 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 36.92%