Competitive Computing Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Colchester, VT
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Colchester, VT

I worked at Competitive Computing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Project Managers were allowed, almost required, to take ownership of a team, and deliver the technical solutions in an autonomous way. Very good opportunity to take on projects and work with talented team members. Good leadership among partners.

Cons

Typical of a technology supplier, the pipeline was either too full making for demanding work schedules, or not full enough and the talent was laid off. Cyclical, unsteady business, somewhat risky to work for C2.

Advice to Management

Focus on business development and client relationship management.

2. "Good Company good Boss"

Current Employee - Data Recovery Specialist in Bay Point, CA
    Current Employee - Data Recovery Specialist in Bay Point, CA

I have been working at Competitive Computing (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, steady clientele, Varied duties and paid travel expenses.

Cons

Not full time, better as supplementary income.

Advice to Management

None.

3. "its as bad as they say"

I worked at Competitive Computing full-time

Pros

Thirsty thursday is when we get to drink

Cons

hoped for a long time it would get better. new talent come around all the time but eventually the smart people wise up and run far away. management claim open door but emails are ignored unless its something that interests or benefits them. just a bad company repeating the same mistake over and over again.

Advice to Management

change everything

Jan 12, 2016 – C2 Manager of Human Resources

Thanks for your input. We’ve made adjustments over the past 12-18 months and are happy to share that new management structures and approaches have already yielded several significant successes. We... More

4. "Great Place to Work: Feels like a Family"

Current Employee - Vice President EBusiness Practice in Burlington, VT
    Current Employee - Vice President EBusiness Practice in Burlington, VT

I have been working at Competitive Computing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A truly collaborative environment. Everyone is very respectful of each other while being open and honest. The teams work hard, but make time for life outside the office.

Cons

For anyone who relocates to Burlington VT, the cost of living is not cheap and the weather gets pretty cold. As for downsides working for the company... I have not found any yet.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the business.

Dec 21, 2015 – C2 Manager of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review. We also feel like our great team feels like family – which is something that makes us both strong and also stand out as a company. We're proud of... More

5. "Perfect place to explore and contribute to the e-Commerce World of various type of industries..."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer/Tech Lead in South Burlington, VT
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer/Tech Lead in South Burlington, VT

I have been working at Competitive Computing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A great place for self motivated professionals who find fun within challenges.
    Great collaborative working environment not only between the engineers but also between the practices.
    We are great at building an architecture integrating multiple technologies and providing a solution that serves all needs of our customers. - each project provides great and exciting learning opportunities.
    Supportive management - both professionally and personally.
    The best part of being a member of the C2 Team - We succeed as a TEAM and we fight failures as a TEAM!! You never fight alone!

Cons

Fast pace is good...but sometimes it feels like we are trying too many different things at the same time.

Advice to Management

Same as I said in the cons. and...
    There is need to have better organization - we have come a long way but there is still scope to do better.

Dec 21, 2015 – C2 Manager of Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’ve worked hard to build a culture of collaboration and take great pride in the solutions we build and the awesome clients we’ve had the... More

"worked there for 2 years, which seems about the average tenure there"

Former Employee - Employee in Colchester, VT
    Former Employee - Employee in Colchester, VT

I worked at Competitive Computing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great, smart people! good work/life balance.

Cons

upper mgmt needs to step back and take a good look at employee morale, which is terribly low. No room for advancement, HUGE turnover. Too many people from "back in the old days" who refuse to innovate or change.

Advice to Management

switch things up - esp. Mgmt and middle mgmt. find a way to excite your employees and implement performance reviews!

"Technical acumen to spare, but dysfunctional organizational structure."

Current Employee - Anonymous in Colchester, VT
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Colchester, VT

I have been working at Competitive Computing full-time

Pros

Intelligent and well-meaning coworkers make every day worth going into the office for.

Cons

Leadership lacks a coherent vision for the future, and often seem at odds over appropriate strategy.

Advice to Management

Make better use of your employees and their drive to help the company grow.

"Where dysfunction and the patients are running the asylum"

I worked at Competitive Computing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small project teams, good location and for the most part good people.

Cons

Lots of TALK of improvement, but when it comes right down to implementing change they revert back to what they've been doing in the past.
    Poor hiring practices. They interview for a position and if the candidate does not fit 100% but they like other aspects of their background; they hire in that person and try a find a role. Sounds like a positive- until you have an organization that has specific needs and no one to do the job.
    Lack of overall management techniques.
    1 major client...most of the companies eggs are in 1 fragile basket.

Advice to Management

need to have managers actually manage and stop be so re-active to EVERYTHING.

"A Year In The Twilight Zone"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Colchester, VT
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Colchester, VT

Pros

Since there was not much direction given you had alot of time on your hands to learn new technology for your next job

Cons

The partner in charge of Software Engineering does not have a clue. Management does not have any confidence in their Engineering staff or Technical Leads.

Advice to Management

Wake Up.....drink the Microsoft Cool-Aid, but be smart enought to add your flavoring to the mixture. Stop depending on getting outside consultants to help you thru the rough spots. STEP UP AND LEARN THE TECHNOLOGY

"Smart people who work hard, however are undervalued"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Pros

Consulting experience provides opportunity to work with many different clients across many different types of businesses
    Smart people trying to do a great job for their clients
    In comparing to other consulting companies, C2 partners and employees are trying to do a good job for their clients

Cons

Very low morale due primarily to how people are treated and lack of vision and leadership from CEO and partners
    Friction at top leads to dysfunctional family type atmosphere
    Reactive nature of management, results in significant "spin" on projects and drains profitability margin so while people work hard, the do not get adequately compensated due to budget and project mismanagement

Advice to Management

Focus on the people in the organization - the power of a company is in its people