Complete Solar Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Will Anderson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Exciting, Fast growing company"

Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Complete Solar part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always growing and changing.

Cons

Be flexible, or you won't keep up.

Advice to Management

Great job!

2. "Best Solar Company"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Complete Solar full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best at teaching, and doing the job right. Small enough to feel like family. They reward those who are loyal and work hard.

Cons

Not as much culture as some other companies.

3. "Sr. Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Complete Solar (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive company who's goal is to benefit its customers and the planet

Cons

Young staff with limited training

Advice to Management

Keep a bit tighter leash at the beginning of a trainee start to fully train them before being let looose.

4. "Opportunity"

I have been working at Complete Solar full-time

Pros

Complete has a great culture and growing quickly. It is an exciting time to be working in solar and for a company that is the best in the industry.

Cons

Not much to say here. Small growing company with lots of potential.

Advice to Management

Keep pressing hard to drive growth.

5. "Sales Support"

Current Employee - Sales Support in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Support in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Complete Solar part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. A vibrant fast paced company that is growing quickly and the job is constantly changing. Exciting! Great people to work for and with.

Cons

Not for you if you can't keep up and adapt to change.

6. "Great people at corporate"

Pros

The people at corporate are all great people but sales not so much.

Cons

The management team can be inefficient and messy. The company seems to be taking off after a rough patch.

7. "Complete Scumbags"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Huntington Beach, CA

Pros

offered corporate housing for out of town employees. Gives employees Windows Surfaces to use with customers

Cons

failed to communicate with employees, DOES NOT PAY EMPLOYEES, worst customer relations, treats employees like disposable objects by hiring and firing monthly. I had a customer last week who had a solar installation and the installers screwed up the roof. The entire back porch caved in and rain water got into the home and started molding. It has been 2 weeks and this customer is livid. When I spoke to the CEO about it (Dave Anderson) he told me to not give her a time frame because we can get out of covering this for her. After that I had enough with this company and they can rot. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! It is ran by a bunch of ex MLM con men you sign people into terrible binding contracts where they overpay for sub par services.

Advice to Management

there is no management. All the managers that had any sense have left the company but for the ones left, please try and communicate with your employees and customers better.

"Great Company to work for! Expanding and Growing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Complete Solar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since i have been employed by Complete Solar, I have seen quite a few, notable, things. Any great company starts with, equally, great leadership at the top, and will have a natural, "trickle down effect." I have had the unique opportunity to have been employed by some great companies and visionaries in this space, i.e., SolarCity and Vivint Solar, and i can attest to the fact that even though this company may not be the largest in size, it more than makes up for this in vision, follow through, and integrity. I have read some of the more negative reviews and have to completely disagree with them. I have a number of years in the door-to-door market, and have seen just about everything you can imagine when it comes to sales trainings, management, ownership, and above all, integrity. This is an integrable company, hands down.

There is never a way to please everyone, and anyone who is searching for complete satisfaction, need look no further, at any company, for that matter. They don't exist. Companies that give hand outs, in my experience, usually do not stand the test of time. It's naive to think this would even be possible, and borders on selfish. In all my experience, there are always those who chose to complain and add to the problems, rather that create solutions. It's unfortunate, but also necessary. Great leaders, and companies, know how to use any criticisms and turn them into strategic learning advantages. There have been plenty of mistakes made by a great number of excellent companies, out there. Good companies know there is always room for improvement. Complete is the EPITOME of that philosophy. They really do train and educate in the, "Complete" fashion, and it transcends throughout the company. I have learned a great deal, since i have been a part of this company, and i'm looking forward to learning a lot more.

There is much room for improvement, and the fact that this company has its ear to its employees, makes them stand out, in an otherwise abundant field of employment opportunities, within this space.

I feel its the next up and coming company to watch, and am honored to be a part of it.

Lets keep changing the world, one roof top at a time!

Cons

I'd like to grow faster. The powers that be, are wiser than I.

Advice to Management

Lets keep moving forward. Nothing is going to stand in the way.

"Amazing job!"

Pros

The ability to make a difference in peoples lives helping save them thousands of dollars and creating a better future for our children. The money is incredible here complete but the value added to customers is even better!

Cons

Growing pains of a company on the move

Advice to Management

I've emailed plenty

"A pleasant deviation from the culture most commonly found in a solar company."

Current Employee - Area Manager in Chino Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Chino Hills, CA

I have been working at Complete Solar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The owners and executives of this company come from a variety of technical industries where they've become respected and proven figures in those previous fields. This creates an environment and culture that cannot be matched in the solar industry. With a proprietary software (Helioquote™), a solar rep can assess a homes needs, design the optimal solution for that homeowner and generate an agreement, all within a matter of minutes. Allowing for quicker processing for the consumer and quicker payment for the solar expert. As one of only a handful of Diamond Certified solar companies, customers (and solar experts alike) take solace in knowing they are dealing with (or working for) a respected and professional company.

Cons

Not much to say here, in any company were exponential growth occurs you will experience aches and pains along the way. As long as you put in the time (like anything in this world), you will have a company whose leaders along with proprietary softwares and training programs, will be there to enable you to be very successful, as we have seen with numerous solar experts.

Advice to Management

Communication leads to community.