CompuGroup Medical US Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Benedikt Brueckle
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Family-like atmosphere with a strong focus on work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• More than anything, great people can be found everywhere in the company (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • They are going through some growing pains as expected when there has been upper management turnover (in 8 reviews)

• Everything seems to take a long time to get approved because the headquarter is located in Germany (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great Work Environment!"

Current Employee - Associate Technical Support Engineer in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Associate Technical Support Engineer in Owings Mills, MD

Pros

CompuGroup Medical is a great place to work! I have learned a lot from my time here. Its a positive place to work and truly feel like im a valuable employee. Great compensation, benefits and there is most definitely opportunities to grow within the business. I feel that the supervisors truly care about us as people. Weekends off and paid holidays are a nice little incentive as well. I enjoy coming to work everyday.

Cons

I have no issues with this position/company

Advice to Management

Thank you and continue to build on our winning team

Aug 11, 2016 – HR Manager

We are so happy to receive your positive feedback regarding your experience with CompuGroup Medical! Our management strives to create an atmosphere where employees feel valued and important – so... More

"Small Company Feel in a Big Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owings, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owings, MD

I have been working at CompuGroup Medical US full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family-like atmosphere with a strong focus on work life balance. Lots of hard workers who are passionate about the business and helping clients. Fun perks like a TV in the break room with cable, a gym, nice outdoor eating area, food trucks, etc. Promotions within are encouraged and happen often. Management is very transparent regarding company and departmental goals, etc. Really great medical benefits, 401K, onsite gym, ticket discounts, etc!

Cons

Grew very fast in last couple years (still growing) so, sometimes there are growing pains like getting enough staff onboard to support all the clients. Headquarters are in Arizona and Germany so time zones effect meeting times, etc. sometimes.

Advice to Management

Continue being transparent and encouraging growth and upward career movement.

Jul 11, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your review touches on many of the items that make CGM such a great place to work! We want you to know we are working hard to keep improving... More

"Product Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

- upper management listens to contributors and is open to suggestions and feedback for ongoing improvement
    - developing industry-leading products that serve its market, based on sound knowledge of customers and their needs and also market trends - they are proactive instead of reactive
    - great opportunities for advancement and career development in an upward moving company

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay ahead of the curve and listen to team members. You've created an atmosphere of collaboration and connection.

May 3, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! Your “5 star” rating is much appreciated. I would agree we foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration which has led to the promotion of five... More

"Avoid this company - easily the worst company I worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CompuGroup Medical US (More than 5 years)

Pros

No pros even if you look very hard, I would give zero stars if the option was available.

Cons

Management is more interested in task tracking than actual work, you spend more time tracking your tasks than doing things. No people with real knowledge, the few who are knowledgeable are leaving. The only way to get noticed is if you suck up to management no matter how good your work is, even then your manager would probably take the credit that's due to your hard work.

Management expects you to work UNPAID overtime at a moments notice, so basically if you had plans, you need to forget about them and work weekends.

Avoid this company unless you can't find work anywhere else, this is a toxic company.

May 2, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback. We value and consider all feedback and we will continue to find ways to improve. The company is growing and fast! Tracking productivity is a way to... More

"An overall great place to work"

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at CompuGroup Medical US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is an atmosphere of fun, hard work, and team work. The people here are welcoming and friendly, and motivated. Management has vision and optimism for the future and it's clear during our quarterly meetings that things are generally looking up. A lot of the reviews I see are from when old management was in place but I am impressed with the management that's been in place since I've been here (CEO Werner Rodorff and GM of Owings Mills Carl Smith).

There is never a lack of things to do, which makes my work worthwhile and is great for job security.

There is room to grow within the company, I can see career paths available in many departments including from my own.

I saw this in a few of the old reviews that they were hoping for 401k matching... 401k matching is available now!! CGM will match 50% up to the first 6% of your salary, which is fantastic.

Cons

No bonuses during holidays or anything like that, but they do have monthly events and occasionally lunches for employees, including a Holiday Party.

Though it doesn't affect my position so much, with the switch of data systems from an in house program to a company wide enterprise software called SAP has been a rough change, but everyone seems to be finally finding their own rhythm with it. It's hard to tell yet if changing systems has been an improvement.

Payment changes, new positions, and promotions seem to take a long time to get approved by upper management, probably because of the fact that our global headquarters is in Germany. Though that can be helped if your manager really pushes for one of these changes.

Advice to Management

Continue pouring into employees through benefits.

Mar 28, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for a great review! I would agree leadership is steering us in the right direction. Werner Rodorff, the company’s CEO, is a key advocate for a more robust benefits package. The holiday gift... More

"fast paced"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Irvine, CA

Pros

no shortage of tasks to work on, product team managers are very flexible and supportive.

Cons

Upper management is more concerned with tracking which tasks you spend which minutes working on. Rather than letting you finish the tasks, you spend a lot of time accounting for where you spent your time. Much task progress is interrupt-driven.

Advice to Management

Don't cancel successful products until you've finished building their replacements.

"Avoid this company"

Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at CompuGroup Medical US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compugroup can give you an opportunity to learn the industry of EMR. They have a large customer base that they acquired through acquisition. Pay was competitive.

Cons

The management that is in place currently is terrible. There was more turnover in this company than I thought was possible. The product is outdated and sub pare. They don't care about their people or customers.

Advice to Management

Hire real leaders and stick with them. Put money into development of the software so that it is a competitive platform.

"A Company that is growing with a positive outlook to the future"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Owings Mills, MD
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Owings Mills, MD

I worked at CompuGroup Medical US full-time

Pros

The General Manager, Carl Smith, has a very positive outlook and vision to lead the company into being very profitable and to keep the business growing. i have been fortunate to witness this growth and work with some great employees within the Lab division. The atmosphere is fairly relaxed and enjoyable. I found the entire software development team (management, QA, developers, and support) very easy to work with and that the work life balance in that group is well respected. As with any company there are some days that end up being more hectic than others, but thanks to the planning done by the development team, the good days out number the bad days.

Cons

The benefits package offered is lacking. The medical plan is sufficient but not great, no 401k matching, very minor incentives (bonuses).Training/documentation could be better, this would make it easier to prepare/learn about the work you will be assigned to do.

Advice to Management

Invest more heavily into your employees, to make existing staff want to stay and to entice new talent to want to join CompuGroup. If you provide the employees with great incentives, they will naturally want to help grow the business, by working hard and keeping the business successful.

Jan 7, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review. An exciting announcement, effective January 1, 2016 CompuGroup Medical US now offers a 401k employer match.

"Great Staff and Casual Environment"

Current Employee - Software Support Analyst in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Software Support Analyst in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at CompuGroup Medical US full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is going through some growing pains but the new management is very good and has everything moving in the right direction. Office environment is very casual and laid back.

Cons

Support staff is getting better but still under manned. Work life balance is very bad for the traveling technicians. Better training is needed for new reps. Pay is pretty low.

Advice to Management

As the business grows you should allow long time employees a chance to increase their compensation as the job has changed a lot over the past few years.

"Great things are coming"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Pros

This is a dynamic company that is in the middle of some growing pains, but altogether is heading in the right direction. There has been some recent (read in the last 1-2 years) shakeup in the upper management of CGM US, but this change is much needed and in a much more positive direction. As with all companies, there are good days and bad days, but as far as my experience has gone the good days outnumber the bad ones. The people I work with are all good people, they're dedicated and all work towards a common goal. We share a common drive and ethic and look for like minded people to be part of our teams.

Cons

They are going through some growing pains as expected when there has been upper management turnover. The workplace can be hectic and stressful at times since we are a medical software company. They do not match on the 401(k), but that is a symptom of the Global corporate office, not of the US divisions.

Advice to Management

You've got really good people working for you. Remember that and remember these people put their heart and soul into the work they do for you. However, we're more than just a number on a metric