Compugain Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Reston, VA

I worked at Compugain (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working with CompuGain. The team was always available to answer questions and respond to requests.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints.

2. "Business Deveopment"

Pros

great people, variety of clients, good recruiters, offshore recruiting, some solutions
    great experience if you enjoy working on your own and building your own book of business

Cons

wrong culture for me, too focused on one account, not a clear path for growth

Advice to Management

invest in your team,

"Good"

Former Employee - IT Operations Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - IT Operations Manager in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Challenging, pays okay no incentive pay for management position blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah and blah blah

Cons

Priority changes daily, needed more resources to do timely work completion

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

"Sr. Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Compugain full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a golden unicorn in the staffing/recruiting industry in terms of its work culture. When I first arrived, more than one employee told me I’d never find another staffing company quite like this.

Compugain celebrates autonomy and open-door transparency from leadership. It’s perfect for the go-getter that can self-manage. Work hour flexibility is unparalleled. Whereas with most other recruiting companies, you are in hot water for scurrying in 5 minutes past 7:30 and no one is expected to leave before 6 or 7pm, Compugain management doesn’t care when you work and where you work as long as you produce. I can waltz in at 8am or 2 pm, or work from home as needed. I've marched into my boss's office and announced to him I'm going to hoof it over to a neighboring bar to see if a buzz will get my head back in the game. I've gotten fist pumps from 2/3 of my bosses/cronies for various whatever's-- including declarations of leaving early. Especially lately, I've completely dropped off on calls some days and, then, gone in Ronin Warrior style, other days. My company respects this. It's great never to have a panic attack at the thought of being fired for oversleeping, to have the opportunity to take total ownership of my own time and powers of prioritization.

Many recruiting companies are hyper KPI-driven and subsequent gristmill workplaces. Data is important but everything becomes about data—for example, monitoring the # of calls you make daily, etc. With Compugain, metrics are important but more from a holistic, goal-driven standpoint.

Management is comprised of supportive and kind people at heart from my direct boss to the founder of the company. Complete open door policy: you feel like you are talking to and working with family. One day, I'm showing my CFO how to navigate Twitter and hashtags; another, I'm rehashing weekend shenanigans to a boss as his eyes light up in vicarious pleasure; another, asking SVP to help me dissect a client requirement. These are people to whom I can go to and openly say "I need help" or "I am feeling overwhelmed." Or who can just plain forgive me for smashing my land line phone more than once through a wall, singing daily expletives, and just being plain human in the way I am.

These are people, who as my direct boss recently emphasized, are more a family than they are a corporation. So, a personal struggle that spills into the professional, a burn out, doesn't become a detracting point in the professional scheme of one's records. I can go to them and tell them "I no longer love what I do" and they will tell me things such as the following:

"Let your mind get bored today. Science has proven that a human works out most of their issue strategy while in boredom mode. When you’re active, you don’t let your mind untwist the issues. Get bored today.

Being honest is always the best way with me. I’m a much more effective sounding board when the facts are discussed. Part of my job since I took on leadership roles has always been to help. Whether helping means creating ways for people to make money or giving advice on career decisions it’s about helping."

They try to support me in meeting my core needs. They let me be myself. They also had plans for me to grow from day 1. They never wanted me to grow stagnant so they proactively would prod me to discuss a professional dev plan with them.

Compugain, more than a work place, is a second home, a playground for recreating myself daily.

I don’t think I’ll ever find a corporate workplace with as outstanding a work culture.

Cons

Sporadic org-chart ambiguity. No 401k match.

Advice to Management

Bring back more social CG gatherings like sporadic HH.

"Really like this company"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Herndon, VA

I worked at Compugain (Less than a year)

Pros

Great support when working on client site. Friendly people. Good benefits.

Cons

Wish my assignment had lasted longer.

Compugain Response

Sep 4, 2015 – Director of Operations

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with CompuGain and our client! If you haven't already been in touch with our recruiting department, please be sure to reach out in order to speak with... More

"Software Engineer"

Pros

They do not do not come under pros category. You guys don't even deserve a single star.

Cons

They are all bunch of liars. Do not ever fall into their words. They have really no idea how to work in a corporate world. All the good reviews which you see are done by their employees itself.

Advice to Management

You guys really don't know what professionalism is. I would never recommend any friend to this company instead I will warn them that if they ever get a call or email, just ignore it.

Compugain Response

Sep 4, 2015 – Director of Operations

I'm so sorry to hear that you feel as if you've had a bad experience with CompuGain; it is always our intent to provide the best possible service, not only to our clients, but to our employees and... More

"EXCEPTIONAL"

Current Employee - Mobility Engineer
    Current Employee - Mobility Engineer

Pros

The staff here is AMAZING. I like the fact that everyone is realistic and down to earth. Professionalism is very much so in tact and the compensation is very competitive. There aren't to many companies that check out across the board in these categories.

Cons

I have zero complaints, my business dealings with Compugain have been very good.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

"Not so great. Have to work under many unskilled persons."

Pros

Work Culture is great.
    Gives good number of holidays and vacations

Cons

Not much chances to learn new things
    Recruit persons who are not skilled enough for the job
    People play so much of politics
    Everyone tries to boss around

"Employee"

Pros

Interesting management with no clear direction.. Not sure the Chief officers are focus enough in the business.

Cons

Kind like a shop. Employees have no loyalty to the company. Turnover ratio is high.

Advice to Management

Fire all Chief Officers and hire all new blood for new management to bring the company onto the next level.

"Very unprofessional company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

The company has some good clients

Cons

Not good with communicating back to you.
    Very slow with background check
    No transparency
    They don't respond timely once called.

Advice to Management

Hire people with professionalism.