Consumer Priority Service Reviews | Glassdoor

Consumer Priority Service Reviews

Updated Mar 11, 2019

3.9
  1. "Awesome environment and people, very fast paced and fun!"

Former Employee - Service Technician in New York, NY

I worked at Consumer Priority Service full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Talented team with a great atmosphere, family environment. You can grow with the company but there are no free rides, management is very fair. Freedom to test new ideas and run with them. The company is always willing to roll the dice on new innovative ideas.

Cons

Nothing "cons" to say about them

Advice to Management

Keep the culture intact as you go through the rapid growth spurts.

Consumer Priority Service2019-03-12
  2. "Amazing opportunity and great people!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist

I have been working at Consumer Priority Service full-time

Pros

I have been working with the company for the past 4 years and have to say that I am very happy. The people that I work with are like family and always willing to help out or jump in and lend a hand whenever I'm backed up or shorthanded.

Cons

It's very busy most of the time but I'd much rather be busy than sitting around like in my last job.

Advice to Management

We appreciate the hands-on support, keep doing what you're doing.

Consumer Priority Service2019-03-01
  3. "Great Company To Work"

I worked at Consumer Priority Service full-time

Pros

I've worked at CPS for a few years now and have enjoyed every minute of it. I came here from a tech job over at a separate company and the differences were clear as day. Employee morale is always high and you are treated like family, very easy to get started with everybody willing to train and help you. Cool perks include pizza every Wednesday which is always a nice treat for all the employees. The company is a... great place to grow as a person and you feel included in the overall growth of the company.

Cons

Nothing To Say About This Company

Consumer Priority Service2019-02-13

"Ok for out of college experience"

I worked at Consumer Priority Service full-time

Pros

people are generally nice when you know when to talk to them. The work is not too difficult once you learn all the rules.

Cons

It's a bit of a mess. Roles are poorly defined and every1 does everything and everyone is a manager and pass on their work to someone with less seniority. from my experience, everyone is overloaded and that creates a tense and toxic environment. the location is not so ideal if you dont live in the neighborhood. it's in deep brooklyn and you'll need to take a subway and a 10 mins bus ride to get there. its cool... when its nice outside but it's a 20 mins walk from the subway station. The website has a lot of bugs and that makes assisting customers a lot harder. The pay is low. there are no benefits. there's also a high turn over rate.

Advice to Management

Become more organized will help a lot

Consumer Priority Service2019-02-22
  5. "Excellent Company!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Consumer Priority Service full-time for less than a year

Pros

I like the culture, its mostly a young vibe that's hyper focused on getting stuff done. Zero red tape, things happen in real time.

Cons

It's 10 degrees colder in the winter since we are on the ocean front, so I dont go outside much until April.

Advice to Management

We should switch to a laptop only call center so everyone can go portable like the marketing and sales teams

Consumer Priority Service2019-02-06
  6. "Great opportunity"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Consumer Priority Service part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very flexible schedule, Fantastic work environment, many opportunities

Cons

Nothing bad has ever come up at my time here.

Consumer Priority Service2019-02-04

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Consumer Priority Service full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great place to grow Willing to train Clear direction to success 5 Years in and growing daily Close commute, close to mass transit

Cons

Finding a parking spot was hard

Advice to Management

Bring back the seltzer to the vending machine and I'll be a happy camper

Consumer Priority Service2019-01-31

"Race to The Bottom Mentality"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Consumer Priority Service full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Almost everyone who applied got hired -The dev team was friendly

Cons

-Low Salary ($36k for software engineer) -No Benefits -Upper management has no direction -New hires leave the company after 3-4 months -No clear scope of work -Sexual harrassment was common

Advice to Management

Get it together, your entire company is a revolving door.

Consumer Priority Service2019-01-24

"Why do people seem to run away from this place?"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Consumer Priority Service part-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the managers seemed to be quite understanding and helpful when being asked for assistance.

Cons

Senior Staff can seem cold/distant and unwilling to assist when asked. The system has so many bugs that repeatedly show (and don't seem to be fixed no matter how many tickets you send to the correct department to fix them).

Advice to Management

Try doing an undercover boss scenario at times, it may help you to understand how CS and others work on the team.

Consumer Priority Service2019-02-06
  10. "This is the company you run away from"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Consumer Priority Service for less than a year

Pros

none what so ever, all advertised perks are not there. I was hesitant of leaving a bad review, but they struck a nerve.

Cons

I don't foresee a self respecting, experienced professional putting up with that work environment. I finished out the day and quit via a walk out. Worst job I have had in a decade. They negotiated a compensation as low as possible and significantly below market, they pay was still less then expected. I am probobly going to avoid purchasing this company's products after what I have seen there.... Looks like I am not the only Software developer trying to leave a negative review. The purpose of this review is to warn people, because company's internet presence is misleading to the poor work environment they offer. High Employee turn around in this organization really means people just quit via a walk out.

Advice to Management

business proverb is "If you don't listen to employees..." you go google it, plenty of articles there.

Consumer Priority Service2019-01-30